I'm bat s* crazy

First off, I understand that this is a problem with ME and not a problem with my husband. God bless him for marrying such a basket case. So anyways, my husband and myself have been struggling financially. All of our bills are always paid and we have been able to save some, but never really have extra for novelty items and vacations and what not. Our house is a tiny starter home. Anyways, he recently got a new job and will be making A LOT of money. I mean like more money than we will know what to do with. I grew up very poor, but I went to college and got a degree. I'm a teacher. So basically I'm still poor even though I'm educated. I'm scared that him having so much money will make him want to find someone better than me. Why would he want an overweight and broke teacher when he could literally have anyone he wants? Am I crazy for thinking this? Or is this more common than I think it is? I think I am just insecure.

Or is this more common than I think it is? I think I am just insecure.

Pretty much just this. And to be honest, if your husband dumps you because he suddenly comes into money, then you would be better off without him. Is he likely to do this?

First off, I understand that this is a problem with ME and not a problem with my husband. God bless him for marrying such a basket case. So anyways, my husband and myself have been struggling financially. All of our bills are always paid and we have been able to save some, but never really have extra for novelty items and vacations and what not. Our house is a tiny starter home. Anyways, he recently got a new job and will be making A LOT of money. I mean like more money than we will know what to do with. I grew up very poor, but I went to college and got a degree. I'm a teacher. So basically I'm still poor even though I'm educated. I'm scared that him having so much money will make him want to find someone better than me. Why would he want an overweight and broke teacher when he could literally have anyone he wants? Am I crazy for thinking this? Or is this more common than I think it is? I think I am just insecure.

You see the problem fix it get in the gym and stop complaining and be the best teacher you can be change the cycle innovation be the change for the kids a confident women will keep a man on his toes if you acting the way you now then he probably already got other women

If money was so important to him, wouldn't he have sought a moneymaker in the first place? Having confidence is the biggest attractor to a partner. It's not fun to be around someone who is down on themselves. Read some articles on how to build self love.

Ooh man, I was expecting something juicy like a rabbit cooker stalker of an ex or something, waiting with the kitchen knife for his wife behind the living room door..yeea!

Well, I can see your fear. Since he now has money, yeah, that could happen. But think about this: IF he does that and finds a cute young blonde, she's in it for the money and if and when he goes broke again, she's out the door that same second. YOU he can trust, you know him, and I take it youre his big love thus your both a love and a safety.

However, just in case, I would start working out and fix myself as best as I could, just to make sure you're attractive for him. Besides, anything you could want done, he can do for you now so go for it! But make sure the docs or whatever you'll need, are GOOD ones so you don't risk your health. I've had my nose done myself and must say I don't regret a second of it. Just dont become a plastic monster, just fix what you ABSOLUTELY have to, working out and taking care of your body is usually all it takes. That and some new, cool clothes and maybe get a new do and some claws. It'll make you feel better anyway, it raises the selfesteem to know one looks good.

Hope I helped!

I was expecting something juicy like a rabbit cooker stalker of an ex or something, waiting with the kitchen knife for his wife behind the living room door..yeea!

Me too!

Look, unless you are a mean and cruel wife, I have no idea why money would make him want to leave you? He can trust you because you are with him before the money. And honey, if money and looks were so important, he would have married someone else.

Honestly, I bet you are good looking, but you have the self-esteem of dirt. Next time you look in the mirror, say out loud, "I'm hot and awesome." It's really just your need to build up your self-esteem. I bet you are an amazing teacher, and do so much for your kids. Remember that. Your belief in the fixation that he will leave you for looks is really your way of deflecting and self-sabotaging. You see something in yourself you don't like, and are putting it onto him. If you are overweight, now that you have money, get with a trainer to develop a fitness and nutrition program.

Exercise leads to weight loss and toning. Confidence is something you can gain. You just need to practice both!

Okay, I gotta ask... what is A LOT of money? Because even significant increases in wealth can become "the new normal" right quick, and it doesn't take long before you can spend "more than you know what to do with" easily and those are normal expenditures too. I mean, really, unless this guy just became a multi-millionaire overnight I wouldn't worry about it so much. It won't be in the forefront for very long.

Archived