I don't know how in the world I am ever gonna meet someone

xplorationspac

Once more, with feeling.

Xplorer. You don't want to do online dating. Fine. Go down the real life route then. Difficult for you, but not impossible.

Maybe take a sabbatical, travel to other parts, anything is better IMO than this stalemate or impasse in which you find yourself. Maybe go to a few family events where perhaps you'd be introduced to someone. I dunno.....

its very difficult for me to take a sabbatical

I'm obsessed with work/trying to make as much money as humanly possible

my routine is like 50 to 60 hours work, 10-20 hours gym/cardio and sports. I don't even sleep much

almost all my family is overseas/in Canada/in NY. My uncle is in town from Toronto this weekend, I love them to death. I can't wait to hang out with them all weekend

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think someone mentioned meetup groups? This thread has gotten so long, forgive me for not scrolling back through 23 pages to try and find it.....

Meetup groups are great for just getting out and meeting people, and there are hundreds of different groups. There is no charge. It's just, find a group, and go to something. I've done sailing on a Saturday evening, and independent film and dinner night. I actually met people of the same sex, just for friendship, which was also nice.

There are biking groups, running groups, and quilting groups if that's your speed.

Just go to meetup, type in your city, and see what's there. The worst that happens is that you go on a Saturday morning bike ride. Or a Wednesday evening run. Etc.

Most meet ups are not actually geared for singles meeting singles, but rather people meeting other people. Zero pressure, just enjoy the activity together.

I've searched meetup groups in my area, all garbage as its aimed for people in their late 30s and 40s

I can't believe this thread is still going. All the other posters are making great points that OP won't hear.

No. Women don't have unreasonable standards. You have unreasonable perceptions.

Literally that's all it boils down to.

lmao if you don't think cute 20 something year olds don't have impossible standards

but ok I'll try online dating and get my brains bashed in with constant rejection.

Listen to me OP, (because I am about to get cross lol).

A two week sabbatical won't make your money-making endeavours grind to a halt. And by the way an obsession isn't good, whether with money or anything else. So, last time I looked Canada is beside USA, just above it, and N.Y. is in the same country as you.

If you truly, really are looking for the woman of your life, you will have to make a move and by that I mean physically move and travel.

And btw how about asking these relatives of yours to introduce you to some young women they might know..... just a thought. No need to write a treatise on it.

lmao if you don't think cute 20 something year olds don't have impossible standards

but ok I'll try online dating and get my brains bashed in with constant rejection.

Gah. There's the condescension again.

I'm responding because it's like a car accident - I can't look away.

My ideal type? Not a muscly rich dude. Definitely not someone who works out all the time.

I would like a slightly nerdy guy. Someone who would play video games or go to a rooftop patio with me. Netflix and adventure. Something like that. I would ideally like similar income as me because I like not fighting about money.

I imagine you're thinking "oh, you like nerdy guys because you're plus sized so that's all you can get"

Nope. Not at all. I like similarly minded people. I get them. It's fun.

My best friend likes lumberjack dudes with dad bods. She's like 105 pounds.

I could continue like this forever. None of my friends, literally none, want a hot guy who works out all the time. They want a friendly, relatable, interesting guy who has their s*** together. That's it.

So you're wrong. The end. You're wrong. Your friends are likely a demographic similar to you.

Do what you're doing and you'll get the same results. Change and you may get new results. It's that simple.

Listen to me OP, (because I am about to get cross lol).

A two week sabbatical won't make your money-making endeavours grind to a halt. And by the way an obsession isn't good, whether with money or anything else. So, last time I looked Canada is beside USA, just above it, and N.Y. is in the same country as you.

If you truly, really are looking for the woman of your life, you will have to make a move and by that I mean physically move and travel.

And btw how about asking these relatives of yours to introduce you to some young women they might know..... just a thought. No need to write a treatise on it.

none of my friends or family know any girls for me. Trust me I've tried

No way will I take a break from work. Making as much money as humanly possible is just as important to me as meeting women

I would like a slightly nerdy guy. Someone who would play video games or go to a rooftop patio with me. Netflix and adventure. Something like that. I would ideally like similar income as me because I like not fighting about money

this all describes me. I love videogames, comic book cartoons, comic book movies, etc... Yes I make a ton of money but I'm very very easy to get along with. I don't fight about anything.

...which is why my miserable struggles in dating are so immensely frustrating. I feel like I'm a happy medium of everything

Problem with you is that you keep making excuses for yourself as to why you can't find a date. I can tell you have low self esteem with this post alone by already pre-determining future rejections. It seems that you have a strong fear of rejection because you take rejections personally.

Most people are trying to help and reason with you in this thread yet you are stubborn in your ways. No one can help you when you're choosing to live a life of self fulling prophecy.

Hope someday you realize that complaining about others will never change anything, you can not control others. Fortunately, you have the power to control yourself. People can feel your energy, if you're positive, they will feel it and gravitate towards you. Right now you're negative nancy, aint nobody going to come save you. People have their own negative personal problems, they don't want to deal with yours.

Here are places I met quality single men through my 24 years of on and off dating:

volunteer work

work

dating sites

personal ads

singles activities/events/resorts

religious organizations

through work friends, former classmates, neighbors (both married and single).

I met a fiancee through a personal ad (canceled the engagement), and met my husband originally at work. There's no such thing as no family/friends/acquaintances not knowing anyone because you should be out there meeting new friends, colleagues and acquaintances who in turn can introduce you to people.

Archived