Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Visa requirements???

Shinnel

Precisely, MLD. Listen Shinnel. You can ask anything you like here, but you may not hear what you want to hear. I did not use the word "extremist" by the way. But I think if got the gist of what I was saying. You are talking about going to a country where there are considerable problems, of all kinds. And all I am saying is be prepared for questioning and possible obstacles.

We are all VERY bright people on here Shinnel. So, please be open and honest with us if you want honest answers.

It was you who mentioned a church marriage certificate (not me).

All that aside, how does your mother feel about these concealed arrangements. Does she know you want to head for Iraq? Does she?

She has your safety and interests at heart.

You mentioned he is from Iraq. We already know that. Another question: is he all that keen to go back to Iraq? Do you think? Maybe he would prefer to stay where he is, in your country. Why this sudden drive to go to Iraq?

You sound very young.......

I would like to know why you are not confiding these arrangements in your soon to be husband.

Be prepared for hard questioning, much harder than any of us on here can implement.

And to conclude: is it worth it?

Yes I mentioned a church marriage but we are advised to also have a court marriage...

I have talked about it with him..I just posted it to hear what more y'all have to say and it is worth it

I have been totally honest in all this..sorry if u don't see it that way..Thanks btw

What Capricorn asked:

OP, may I ask, how old are you?

Just one other thing. If and assuming you are granted a visa (which you may or may not be granted) where will you live in Iraq? Will you be able to take up employment there? And will your future husband have a job when he gets there?

These are also practical and very important matters which need to be looked at carefully.

What Capricorn asked:

OP, may I ask, how old are you?

Just one other thing. If and assuming you are granted a visa (which you may or may not be granted) where will you live in Iraq? Will you be able to take up employment there? And will your future husband have a job when he gets there?

These are also practical and very important matters which need to be looked at carefully.

He is a citizen and works there....Thanks for caring

I see. It is just that from your original posts it was understood that he was living in your country (not in his home country of Iraq).

When you mentioned relationship perhaps you meant an online relationship. Have you actually met this man, Shinnel?

I've rejected six-figure contracts to go back to that country. I can't fathom why anyone would move there at their own expense or without an M14. If you couldn't be bothered to independently research basic visa protocol for Iraq, what else don't you know about that country? What region will you be traveling to? Do you plan to convert? If not, are you aware you're not entitled to any inheritance from your husband should something happen while you're there? And that, should you have children there, you'd stand virtually no chance of getting any custody of them in the event of a divorce?

Archived