"I NEED your Support Thread!" Post here when you need to cry or vent

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't call. Put it here, or hand deliver it in screaming ink to a paper journal.

I'm trying to think of the right words to say to you, but I'm in similar boat. My heart roared at your post just now: NO. Just hang in there and give yourself the gift of rest. Trust that the feeling will pass.

I hate it too, so much. But guard your heart tonight.

Hello Dominique,

I hope this don't come across the wrong way, but I want to say thank you for posting here. It's been a pretty hard time for me as well and knowing someone else out there who feels these things makes me feel a little less alone in a lonely world. I wouldn't not wish these kind of feels on anyone. But it is nice to not go through it alone. I honestly thought I was going absolute loony.

*I apologize if this makes no sense*

I was wondering about this earlier today, I know it is unhealthy to give myself false hope, but is it an acceptable bandage? Hoping I can become a better man, the man she reminded me I have strove to be? Before becoming lost and turning into someone I did not recognize. Even though I know that there is no chance of us being together again, but is it okay to be a temporary bandage hoping that by God's graces that I may run into her again? Holding onto that sliver of hope helped me finish with straight As last semester, motivated me volunteer, get back into the gym, start yoga again, and look deeper inside myself than I have in many years.

Thank you, Dominique for making this random stranger feel a little less lonely not from your misery but someone to connect with.

-j

I am tryig really hard not to call him tonight. I hate this so much.

Believe me when I say this, I first hand experienced your exact feelings but unfortunately I regretfully acted on them. Calling your ex will be your single most worst mistake you'll ever make. And if you think you feel bad now, just wait till after the call. Just experience the hell now because the more days that pass the quicker you can get to start feeling normal again. It's going to take time sweetie. It took me months okay. Yes, it's long but we have no choice. To be honest with you, I didn't think I would feel normal again. Like I legitimately thought I was broken at one point. I on several occasions broke down and even raged one time in my car slamming my steering wheel like a crazy person because I simply couldn't take it anymore. I was an absolute and utter mess. Hell, I was thinking of suicide. It was THAT bad. But the thoughts of suicide was mainly because I thought I was going crazy because I was thinking of her 24/7 and I couldn't stop thinking about her. But guess what, now, it's not even the case anymore. Yes, I still think about her but I also don't think about her most of the day. This is awesome! I still have my moments of despair and weakness but it's few and far in between. Certainly not like before. So just hang in there doll. You're going to be facing some demons of your own as I'm sure you already are now but sweetie, rest assure; I got through it and so will you. So will you. So will you

Don't call. Put it here, or hand deliver it in screaming ink to a paper journal.

I'm trying to think of the right words to say to you, but I'm in similar boat. My heart roared at your post just now: NO. Just hang in there and give yourself the gift of rest. Trust that the feeling will pass.

I hate it too, so much. But guard your heart tonight.

I didn't call. I guarded my heart.

Hello Dominique,

I hope this don't come across the wrong way, but I want to say thank you for posting here. It's been a pretty hard time for me as well and knowing someone else out there who feels these things makes me feel a little less alone in a lonely world. I wouldn't not wish these kind of feels on anyone. But it is nice to not go through it alone. I honestly thought I was going absolute loony.

I was wondering about this earlier today, I know it is unhealthy to give myself false hope, but is it an acceptable bandage? Hoping I can become a better man, the man she reminded me I have strove to be? Before becoming lost and turning into someone I did not recognize. Even though I know that there is no chance of us being together again, but is it okay to be a temporary bandage hoping that by God's graces that I may run into her again? Holding onto that sliver of hope helped me finish with straight As last semester, motivated me volunteer, get back into the gym, start yoga again, and look deeper inside myself than I have in many years.

Thank you, Dominique for making this random stranger feel a little less lonely not from your misery but someone to connect with.

-j

Sending you love and light. 💙

@justinponders

That's how I feel now. Like this won't ever stop. I just keep going ....I'm not even sure how. I miss. my Love. Most of all I want to know how he is. I want to just see him and know he's ok. But I don't want to feel hurt and empty because we can't take the way we used to and I can't hold him.

I remember reading your posts and how you were feeling a few weeks ago. I keep those things in mind to keep me from calling.

I am sorry you went through that. I appreciate you sharing because it helped me more than you know.

I am tryig really hard not to call him tonight. I hate this so much.

I know it's so tempting. I want to talk to mine too, but if I were to talk to him I'd tell him the same we've already discussed and it would be pointless. In your case it'd probably also be pointless. We want the comfort and connection we once had, but unfortunately that is broken. We're too hurt to talk to them. Those calling impulses will become weaker and weaker in time.

Hello Dominique,

-j

It's good that your hope is making you become a better man and motivate you to do things. Congratulations for your strength and resilience. So in that case is ok to shift hope to those healthy stuff. However if the hope of returning back to her lasts too long, it's a dangerous path.

There are things we can't control. For instance in my case I lost hope of things going back to what they were because he found someone and is happy and in love with her from day one and also because I'm moving to another country. It's hard to let go, like we have lost a limb and now have to learn how to walk again. But it will get better once we pass this roller coaster of emotions. We just can't let our grief paralyse us.

And you can do it and you will make it out of this. It's ok to break down and cry once in a while.

I break down and cry all the time. but it is what it is..... my grandmother used to say, "you don't get over real love lost, you just learn to live with the pain". what my Love and i had was real. i am so over not being together. but there's nothing i can do about it.

how are you?

I break down and cry all the time. but it is what it is..... my grandmother used to say, "you don't get over real love lost, you just learn to live with the pain". what my Love and i had was real. i am so over not being together. but there's nothing i can do about it.

how are you?

It's okay to breakdown and cry, we're all human and it's normal for us to react to the pain. I'm a guy and it kicks my ass. Whenever I take my dog out for walks at night, the emotions just come flooding in and hard not to feel the tears rolling down my face despite trying very hard to smile and telling myself it'll be alright. Your grandmother is a wise woman, we never truly get over those that meant so much to us however brief it may be, we just learn to live with that pain.

All of you and your posts give me melancholy. I have big problems with empathy (excluding wife/kids) but this is a very emotional post. Rarely do I feel so bad for others. Makes me motivated to never lose a serious relationship. Good luck with such a hard situation.

It's okay to breakdown and cry, we're all human and it's normal for us to react to the pain. I'm a guy and it kicks my ass. Whenever I take my dog out for walks at night, the emotions just come flooding in and hard not to feel the tears rolling down my face despite trying very hard to smile and telling myself it'll be alright. Your grandmother is a wise woman, we never truly get over those that meant so much to us however brief it may be, we just learn to live with that pain.

i know the pain will subside...but i can honestly say that the people i really "loved", i STILL love. That list is short.....but it still exists.

i love this thread. i mean really really i love this thread. i'm so glad you have all found each other, and empower each other. sending you all best wishes. you are awesome.

eta, you're not even moping. you talk about progress, acceptance of what is, trust. i KNOW it takes the last bit of your life force to keep pushing through, and you are all doing it so well.

I'm also glad I found this thread and all of you. Posting on this forum has been helping me tremendously. I never thought it could happen. Thank you all.

I don't know how I could survive without this forum. Seriously.... Because of the supprt here, I'm not completely insane.

Collapsed in a pike of tears last night. Sigh.... This is just no fun. My heart just aches so bad sometimes.

Oh well... Off to work. On no sleep. I'm so exhausted.

(((hugs)))

Hold on, this roller coaster of emotions will calm down. It's a everyday struggle until in time it gets easier and easier.

All of you and your posts give me melancholy. I have big problems with empathy (excluding wife/kids) but this is a very emotional post. Rarely do I feel so bad for others. Makes me motivated to never lose a serious relationship. Good luck with such a hard situation.

You are so kind. Thank you. 😊

I just found out I might have a somewhat complicated back problem so now I can't go to the gym. I need to find other ways of raising my endorphins during these difficult times.

However I think I reached a breakthrough in which while I'm sad and if I think about him and how we ended I feel like crying, I'm starting to accept we're over for good and I think I wouldn't want him back if there was a chance of us being together. I even prefer that he respects my no contact wishes and don't contact me so it doesn't derail me from my progress. I also don't wish to see him before I move away to the new country. I know he thinks we'll soon be friends and talk again because he really likes me as a person, but I just can't. I need him to be totally far away and out of my life for a long period of time.

I'm also tired of feeling sorry for myself. I've been so down that I even haven't been able to focus on my studies and my moving to the new country. It has got to stop. Life goes on and the same way he made his choice, now I have to make my own choice of moving forward or I'll be sabotaging myself for nothing. He doesn't care. He's fine with his new love and thinks I should move on fast and be well soon. So I'm going to do that... I'll do everything I can to be fine and move on... regardless if I miss him a lot sometimes or cry. It's all part of the journey. I'll sit through this pain and I won't let a man who chose another person (or any man) derail me from my path and make me feel like I have no worth.

I don't remember where it was, but it was on someone else's thread I think, but catfeeder said something that struck a chord in me, it was something like proving others and herself that she could make it through and be resilient and also be with other people focused on them and helping them instead of focusing on her break up.

We feel that we lost a big part of ourselves, that we were hurt and rejected. I don't want to be crying forever for that part I feel that I lost... I want to make the other parts of me grow and evolve, so that all of this becomes a minor setback in my past. I know this isn't a competion, but if he can be happy with someone else and totally move on, then why couldn't I do the same even if at a slower pace?

Archived