We all need this. Post one negative a day about your ex. Stop idolizing.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always telling me that I am too sensitive when she is the one being insensitive and extremely critical. Nobody likes being called stupid. Her lack of communication: doesn't even bother to clarify when I misunderstood her, always shutting down when I bring up an issue. Unappreciative and someone who doesn't do what she says.

I quit a 13 year smoking habit, and she never got past the fact that I struggled for a couple months in order to do it. I tried cutting back before quitting, hoping that would help, cause she made it clear she didn't want a guy with an addiction. But as soon as I was given an ultimatum, her or the smoke, I quit cold turkey and never ever went back. Even 3 years later, she would give me grief because I didn't quit as soon as I saw it upset her.

How when I told him to listen to "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur because it reminded me of him, he listened to it...and then responded with "I don't like it. He sounds like a whiny little b!+tch and his voice is annoying."

Then the time I asked him what he would like his life to look like in 10 years, and he responded with "I don't think that far ahead..."

He did not seem to harbor genuine compassion or empathy. Every now and than it would seem like he cared about something he heard in the news or something a relative might have been experiencing, but in general he seemed to lack in those areas. I often found that very troublesome.

If I shared a concern about myself or someone close to me he would hardly acknowledge it and start talking about himself and how he experienced similar, he would go on

never further conversing about my concern. Hard to have a two way convo with him. Somehow it always became about him.

He was extremely insensitive and never thought before he talked. Ever. For instance, he wanted to 'try something new and exciting' in the bedroom. I went out and bought some things, one of which was a candle that burns into massage oil. So, when we had our 'new and exciting' encounter, I pulled the lit melted candle out, just as I was about to pour it he said "hold on stop, what are you gonna do with that?" I said, "you'll see". He said "is that wax or is it that massage oil?" I said, "massage oil." He said "Have you ever used that before?" I said, "Nope this is a first!"....so what does this dude say? In the heat of the moment, a 'romantic/sensual' time...he says "Me and my ex used to use them all the time, they're awesome!"

Oh. Really? Cause that's exactly what I wanna be thinking about right now, is your ex pouring this sh!+ on you as I do it...great...way to ruin the moment. Jerk.

On our first anniversary, I made a slideshow with our pictures to our song, then got him a card and a gift. We woke up together, he said "isn't today something special?" So I grabbed my stuff, showed him the slideshow, had him open the card. He read it, told me he loved me, kissed me, then said "So what are we doing today?"

No gift. No card. No plans made.

Archived