Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What does PM mean ?

coolgirl

When someone tell you don't PM me, what does that mean ? I understand it stands for private message. I know I answered my own question. LOL But my question is PM as far as email PM or Text PM ? or is it both ? this person didn't specify what type of PM they meant. So I"m guessing I'm kinda confused and maybe can tell me what it actually means? Thanks

"Post mortem" - in other words, I'm not dead yet, so please don't cut me open.

Seriously though - I always understood PM to specifically apply to forums. Email is email. Text is text. PM is private message facility built into forum software.

I understand on Facebook, they use "DM" which I presume to mean "Direct message" - because Facebook gets everything wrong.

The way I see it a text is a text ... an email is an email ... and a private message is a form of communication all of its own as per whatever forum/social media site you are on. For example, if someone says on here "private message me" then you would go through the usual channels on this site to do so and not send an email using your gmail (or whatever) account or SMS text.

When someone tell you don't PM me, what does that mean ? I understand it stands for private message. I know I answered my own question. LOL But my question is PM as far as email PM or Text PM ? or is it both ? this person didn't specify what type of PM they meant. So I"m guessing I'm kinda confused and maybe can tell me what it actually means? Thanks

and what tells you ppl here would be able to open the holy grail answer...just ask the person...

Problem is there not responding. Never mentioned anything about texting. This is his way of avoiding the situation. He just runs from any situation that gets hard. I try to talk about stuff he has lack of communication. This has happened during the past year he runs from it and does not deal with it head on. In his last text was don't pm me. That's why I asked if it has to do with email or text.

It means do not contact him in any way shape or form, email, text, pm, carrier pigeon, snail mail, pony express, smoke signals, telegraph, etc. Basically it means 'don't message me'.

What social media ? We're not on each other's facebook or Twitter or instagram. Is that what you mean I'm just having a hard time understanding.
Problem is there not responding. Never mentioned anything about texting. This is his way of avoiding the situation. He just runs from any situation that gets hard. I try to talk about stuff he has lack of communication. This has happened during the past year he runs from it and does not deal with it head on. In his last text was don't pm me. That's why I asked if it has to do with email or text.

Right, OK, so this is to do with someone actually telling you not to PM them. He was probably using it as a general term to stop messaging him in ANY form. Unless you are sending him messages through some other form of social media.

What social media ? We're not on each other's facebook or Twitter or instagram. Is that what you mean I'm just having a hard time understanding.

Well how the heck do we know?????? We don't know what social media you may or may not use!!!! But, yes, generally speaking you can send private messages on these sites or any other similar sites ... even dating sites. If you aren't sending him PM's through ANY type of social media site then, as I said above, he is using PM as a general term and is most likely trying to tell you not to message him in ANY form.

To everyone that replied thanks for the honesty but if yall go and re read my posts on here as to what I've been through with this man yall would get some sort of an idea as to the person I'm dealing with. I've known this man for a year and mostly put my energy in time into something that he made no effort on his part and now I'm left in a difficult situation as far as picking back up again and when I do I will guarantee all of you he would be back again it's the matter of timing. As much as it hurts and being in agony he's an inconsiderate bas.....and look at the situation I am in now. I was hospitalized 6 weeks ago due to a nervous break down, and now in outpatient therapy group. Everytime, I get close to someone something like this always always happens and I'm sick of it being played with. Please do go and read my posts on here. That's all I ask.

I was so furious with him and angry at the same time not only he rejected me once but quite a few times. So I wrote him an email back in July saying you never cared or loved me.l, this was all a joke, I said you played me for a fool and my emotions now you know how it feels like being in that type of agony because you put me through it first and wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine. Im not the type of person to seek revange becausr of the anxitey level i have. loved him so much really did from the bottom of my heart I did and this is the way he turns his back against me. I honestly don't know how to get through this.

To everyone that replied thanks for the honesty but if yall go and re read my posts on here as to what I've been through with this man yall would get some sort of an idea as to the person I'm dealing with. I've known this man for a year and mostly put my energy in time into something that he made no effort on his part and now I'm left in a difficult situation as far as picking back up again and when I do I will guarantee all of you he would be back again it's the matter of timing. As much as it hurts and being in agony he's an inconsiderate bas.....and look at the situation I am in now. I was hospitalized 6 weeks ago due to a nervous break down, and now in outpatient therapy group. Everytime, I get close to someone something like this always always happens and I'm sick of it being played with. Please do go and read my posts on here. That's all I ask.

I was so furious with him and angry at the same time not only he rejected me once but quite a few times. So I wrote him an email back in July saying you never cared or loved me.l, this was all a joke, I said you played me for a fool and my emotions now you know how it feels like being in that type of agony because you put me through it first and wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine. Im not the type of person to seek revange becausr of the anxitey level i have. loved him so much really did from the bottom of my heart I did and this is the way he turns his back against me. I honestly don't know how to get through this.

I haven't read your other threads but just going by what you have said above I will say this ... you know what this guy is like, you know what he does ... but YOU are the one allowing it? It's up to YOU to stop it.

And no-one would expect you to seek revenge ... you would just be bringing yourself down to his level by doing so and, besides, the best form of revenge is to move on with your life, leaving them exactly where they are.

Cut him from your life completely and let him back in. It's the only answer. If you dont, the only one to blame for your emotional wellbeing is YOU.

Archived