How can some people give up on relationships so easily?

Yaelic625

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do you think that someone who's blocked you and told you to leave her alone would want to have lunch with you?

Oh yeah...she's just being stubborn.

Good God...

I understand that we don't agree about this situation with my ex, but not to be rude or anything you don't even know her. She could be being stubborn for all you know.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been devising a plan.

So basically, I'm still following her on Twitter and I know exactly when she's coming back. It also appears she's in the talking phase with this spring break guy; I'm not sure how long after we split she met him. He's making plans to visit her a couple months after school starts (he lives in another state) so whatever I do I have to do it quickly, because it seems to be getting into dangerous territory.

Anyway, I plan on approaching her once school starts since I'm still blocked and see if I can get her to have lunch with me/talk or whatever and then go from there.

Dear God man. Do you realize how creepy this is? You never answered this before, do you have a sister or a female cousin?

Dear God man. Do you realize how creepy this is? You never answered this before, do you have a sister or a female cousin?

He's not going to see the comparison.

His situation is DIFFERENT and SPECIAL! And ALL he wants is for her to give him the second chance he feels he deserves!!

This is so scary...I just hope he doesn't hurt her in any way if she refuses to speak with him.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I highly appreciate all the advice and also that I get it; I am listening to what all of you are saying and I understand why you've come to certain conclusions. Have I overstepped some boundaries? Yes, I can admit that. Is my behavior getting a little aggressive/creepy/scary? I can see how some of you think that as well. I can see from an outside perspective how messed up this all sounds. Does that outweigh my goal of reconciliation? Not at all. Hopefully by this time next month, my ex and I will be on our way to rebuilding out relationship Wish me luck!

Oh sorry, yeah I do to both.

How would you react if an ex-boyfriend that they went out of their way to avoid was plotting to try to get them back at all costs? If a guy was doing what you're planning on doing with your ex to your sister in a similar situation how would you feel about that?

I just wanted to let everyone know that I highly appreciate all the advice and also that I get it; I am listening to what all of you are saying and I understand why you've come to certain conclusions. Have I overstepped some boundaries? Yes, I can admit that. Is my behavior getting a little aggressive/creepy/scary? I can see how some of you think that as well. I can see from an outside perspective how messed up this all sounds. Does that outweigh my goal of reconciliation? Not at all. Hopefully by this time next month, my ex and I will be on our way to rebuilding out relationship Wish me luck!

You don't get it. If you got it you'd realize how depraved and dysfunctional you're acting right now. I mean, you literally don't give two s--ts about anything except forcing your ex to date you again. You do not give one iota about how she feels at all. I sincerely hope you are trolling, because this is creeping into obsessive stalker/hairdoll territory.

For a reconciliation, there needs to be two people that agree. You seem to be of the mindset that if you pester, harass and bully her you can force her to get back to something that only you want. It's gross.

How would you react if an ex-boyfriend that they went out of their way to avoid was plotting to try to get them back at all costs? If a guy was doing what you're planning on doing with your ex to your sister in a similar situation how would you feel about that?

It would really depend on the situation.

You don't get it. If you got it you'd realize how depraved and dysfunctional you're acting right now. I mean, you literally don't give two s--ts about anything except forcing your ex to date you again.

It's not forcing though. I'm not holding her against her will in a tied up in basement or something insane like that.

For a reconciliation, there needs to be two people that agree. You seem to be of the mindset that if you pester, harass and bully her you can force her to get back to something that only you want. It's gross.

If people split up forever over every situation in which they could not agree, nobody would stay together. All I'm trying to do is talk to her, don't see how that's bullying or harassment

I was all ready to thank this post, as I was thinking "yay! he gets it!" until I came to the part about "Does this outweigh my goal..." I'm truly conflicted about whether you're just venting your hurt feelings and experiencing an unrequited love like I'm sure all of us have, or if you're actually determined to make this work at any cost. One thing I've noticed is that while you're getting blasted for potentially crossing over into scary stalker territory, you're not really saying much to even try to convince anyone that this isn't the case. I think that if I was getting similar feedback, I would be compelled to explain my thought processes and reassure everyone that I would by no means do anything crazy. So I'm just a bit concerned that you don't seem at all bothered by what people are saying here. I wouldn't want to be falsely accused of being dangerous or crazy or on the verge of doing something over the top. So how about you tell us exactly how far you're willing to go with this thing????

And if you are trolling, then seriously get a life. I can't even tell if you are or you aren't.

It's not forcing though. I'm not holding her against her will in a tied up in basement or something insane like that.

If people split up forever over every situation in which they could not agree, nobody would stay together. All I'm trying to do is talk to her, don't see how that's bullying or harassment

When it's unwanted, it's bullying/harassment. You seem to have a very entitled attitude.

I was all ready to thank this post, as I was thinking "yay! he gets it!" until I came to the part about "Does this outweigh my goal..." I'm truly conflicted about whether you're just venting your hurt feelings and experiencing an unrequited love like I'm sure all of us have, or if you're actually determined to make this work at any cost. One thing I've noticed is that while you're getting blasted for potentially crossing over into scary stalker territory, you're not really saying much to even try to convince anyone that this isn't the case. I think that if I was getting similar feedback, I would be compelled to explain my thought processes and reassure everyone that I would by no means do anything crazy.

I've said plenty of times I'm not doing anything crazy and have explained everything I've done and why. I'm not going to repeat myself every single post.

Archived