First date back out there epic fail...

Somegirl613

I know we're all laughing at this but this kind of nonsense really does put me off dating altogether. I just want to date the traditional way, no silly pictures, no offers of sex on the first meeting or any of that carry on, just men and a woman going out having good, clean fun and getting to know each other.

I'm seeing far too many car crash incidents in the dating game as people think with their genitals and not with their brain cells.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is epic. But it's not epic fail, this is a super-win because a VERY strange person revealed his red flags before you got involved and this saves you a lot of time and trouble. (And I think there is no need to be polite and non-judgmental and say "I think he is a decent person" because he isn't - regardless of whether he sends his credentials - for lack of a better word- to his friends or to you. I actually think the contradiction between kissing you on the forehead (extremely innocent) that evening and then this other extreme (extremely risque) is quite a red flag. Honestly, I also think he may have sent it to you out of impulsiveness and probably his biggest worry or embarrassment now is that this may be heard by his friends. Interestingly, my 70 year old mother was exposed to something like this a couple of weeks ago, because she is a member of a social media page where people talk about paintings and art. After some polite exchanges with another member publicly, she received some messages and got shocked and even scared - and then I had to explain to her what "sexting" is. When she told the guy how disrespectful this way, she was told that she wasn't modern enough, she was making a big thing out of this and this was just friendly stuff nowadays. This is when she got very angry. I once received a photo of credentials myself from the last ever person I thought this could ever ever ever come from - due to professional ethics and whatnot. Nowadays I have difficulty believing that the world is full of males sending their special photos by "mistake" this often. but yes, it is epic each time it happens. Hilarious but also a big big red flag IMO.

Well, my ex's current girlfriend met her previous boyfriend (who happens to be my ex's nephew) by messaging him "Wanna f**k"?

Then recently the nephew, who is hell-bent on the two of us "hooking up" for "revenge" (because his uncle, my ex, stole his girlfriend), sent me a pic of his "package". I expressed my disgust and blocked him. I then told my 6'5", 245 pound son, who was NOT amused.

They don't live too far from one another (my son and this idiot). He should hope he doesn't run into my son.

He will definitely boltnrun.

OP, you can't let this golden opportunity escape. You gots to mess with this guy's head a bit.

I know we're all laughing at this but this kind of nonsense really does put me off dating altogether. I just want to date the traditional way, no silly pictures, no offers of sex on the first meeting or any of that carry on, just men and a woman going out having good, clean fun and getting to know each other.

I'm seeing far too many car crash incidents in the dating game as people think with their genitals and not with their brain cells.

I hear you.

After a few years at this OLD thing, the weirdness has been nearly eliminated. I'm not sure if its the way I present on line or the way I engage or the way I screen. It's just, better. If you feel you yourself are in a stage of flux, stay with OLD. Somewhere your own changes will result in better OLD candidates too.

Dear Somegirl613,

You just saved my life. In the past week I have experienced the following:

1. One of my children, at the advice of a medical professional, checked him/herself into a hospital 40 miles away and remained there several days for severe depression.

2. I worked 37.5 hours at my day job and 43 hours at my evening job.

3. I found out my ex-husband has been filing fraudulent tax returns for 3 years, rooking me of $4500 a year each year, depriving one of our children of $1000 a year for 3 years, and another child $2500 this year. Way to go, dude!!!!

4. Today one of my students, age 4 and wearing soccer cleats at school, repeatedly kicked me in the shins (and I was in shorts due to very high temps and humidity) while I was trying to create distance between us while still keeping both of us safe (he is a flight risk).

5. I just found out tonight that I am on the very brink of foreclosure on my home, my only substantial investment, largely due to the fraud and the child-support non-payment of said ex-husband, and in spite of my two jobs.

Before I got on ENA tonight, I was crying for half an hour because of all of these stressors.

Then I read this thread. I have now been laughing harder and longer than I was crying.

Heaven bless you, Somegirl, and all you other wonderful posters, for delivering me from depths of despair, and restoring me to good humor and a balanced perspective!

Youareworthy

Yeh. I just loved this thread. I'm laughing again just thinking of OP's expression on seeing that pic swing into view as she logged on.....

Theme tune for the thread (keeps drumming through my head lol):

"Hit me with your rhythm stick, hit me slowly, hit me quick...."

Yeh. I just loved this thread. I'm laughing again just thinking of OP's expression on seeing that pic swing into view as she logged on.....

Theme tune for the thread (keeps drumming through my head lol):

"Hit me with your rhythm stick, hit me slowly, hit me quick...."

Or the menacing music from "Jaws"...

And, fwiw, count me among those who don't believe for a second the pic was sent by accident.

I second that motion!

"Oh, I meant to send it to another woman" and "It was just a joke to a friend" are his pathetic attempts at CYA, covering his assets--after having un-covered his assets!!!

Youareworthy

Dear Somegirl613,

You just saved my life. In the past week I have experienced the following:

1. One of my children, at the advice of a medical professional, checked him/herself into a hospital 40 miles away and remained there several days for severe depression.

2. I worked 37.5 hours at my day job and 43 hours at my evening job.

3. I found out my ex-husband has been filing fraudulent tax returns for 3 years, rooking me of $4500 a year each year, depriving one of our children of $1000 a year for 3 years, and another child $2500 this year. Way to go, dude!!!!

4. Today one of my students, age 4 and wearing soccer cleats at school, repeatedly kicked me in the shins (and I was in shorts due to very high temps and humidity) while I was trying to create distance between us while still keeping both of us safe (he is a flight risk).

5. I just found out tonight that I am on the very brink of foreclosure on my home, my only substantial investment, largely due to the fraud and the child-support non-payment of said ex-husband, and in spite of my two jobs.

Before I got on ENA tonight, I was crying for half an hour because of all of these stressors.

Then I read this thread. I have now been laughing harder and longer than I was crying.

Heaven bless you, Somegirl, and all you other wonderful posters, for delivering me from depths of despair, and restoring me to good humor and a balanced perspective!

Youareworthy

Youareworthy,

You rock. I know you know this. Yet moments like you just described are overwhelming at times and quite rationally so.

There is light at the end of the tunnel associated with this ex of yours. You are going to fly upon basking in it. It's obvious.

Archived