Help me out on this one - ME(24) Likes an Introvert(25) girl

Malfunction91

And it goes a little something like this. 4 months ago I wanted to meet this girl. I stumbled upon her few times in the past, but that was few years ago. We never even met until 2 months ago. She's my bestfriend's cousin. I asked him if he could introduce me to her or something of that kind, but we couldn't think of anything that's not gonna end up awkward. Lo and behold, we meet unexpectedly while I was with her cousin. Everything went smoothly. Despite the fact that she doesn't go out much we somehow met.

We left that bar and went to a more crowded place at which I knew I can't talk anymore with her, but we had a few laughs on my account. I texted her the next day, she replied, back and forth few messages and I went on doing my stuff. Few weeks later her cousin told me they were going shopping, and as you probably expect I joined them. We had a wonderful time. At one point while we were alone we had this weird eye-contact which lasted about 3 seconds. Pure silence. She smiled shyly, and i broke the silence by saying what's going with a big smile on my face. She reciprocated and she didn't actually know what happened.

Moving on. Few weeks later I call my friend to ask him if we're going out and when. He says that he's at her place for lunch. I tell him to extend the invitation to her if she wants to come. I wake up with a message "She's coming, I hope you won't mess things up". But he said that she was just going to show up and go, something like that. She came with a friend of hers. It was one of my best nights out. Bear in mind, the last two out of three times she went out it was with me and her cousin (which she's not very close to). Throughout the night we had a talk about relationships. She had an 8 year relationship, after which she's 3 years single. On the other hand I had 6 relationships over the course of 7 years and i'm single for 6 months. The contrast, man!

2 weeks ago we had a little chat on facebook, I asked her if she's going out tonight at this cool bar. She responded not tonight, i'm tired, i had a long day, but we can have fun some other time. To which i replied, easy easy, we're only half a mile away, but time, time can be a problem . She asked why time? Frankly, she's busy, 10-11 hours of her day are eaten by work, and me, i'm a busy well-paid freelancer. I was surprised by the answer I got can always find time" something like that, as in we can sacrifice something to find time, be that sleep, or a meal.

Soon after this she was on a short trip with my friend(her cousin) to visit her brother. Before the start of the trip she brought me up to him like I've said i'd come and see them before they go. I didn't think she would take this seriously. And lastly, she needs to 3D model one of my sketches for a custom made table. This is my only entry so to speak. It's been out there for a month. Few days ago I texted her saying I might have the sketch done by tonight. Few hours later I tell her it's done and when can I give it to her. Note, i'm not saying we should MEET or GO OUT. I intended just to drop it off at her place and bail. She said she might have to go at her parent's place to for lunch and that she would text me later. I feel asleep and she texts me at 9 PM saying that she just got back from her parent's. She also said that it might be better to leave this for another day, that she had to do some work for tomorrow. I said it's ok, it's better that way since i had to explain her some of the features of the product.

WHAt the f*** is going on? Should I just ask her out in a funny way when we meet? I know that's the only way, but i've never been in contact with an introvert girl. If you have had any experiences or you have some evaluation on this particular I'd appreciate it. I'm somewhat confused. If you need more information, i'll be happy to provide it.

The amazing part of this story is that you say you've had 6 relationships. That would be impossible if you used this same passive style with them, most women would have bailed by now or consider you a friend only. And most of the extensive details you wrote add nothing. The story should be simpilfied to...

I met a woman who I'm intersted in, and to prevent any further confusion, I will ask her out for a date at a specific time and place with no one else at the date.

Thanks for the responses. As a matter of fact James516, all of my relationships started rather simple. However, i have never been into a girl such as this one. Due to this I took on a passive approach, which to be honest, is the wrong one i know. I'm gonna ask her out in an hour or so since we're going to meet for a different purpose, other than a date. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully, i'll go out on a date tomorrow. #worth

Archived