What helped you feel better today?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[video=youtube;kqjw8HtIL8k] ]

This video is really comforting to me... I can't explain why because some people find it a little disturbing.

I have actually used it to answer someone when they asked me what having Synesthesia was like. And I also showed it someone who asked me what doing Ayahuasca was like. I showed them this and said, "It was kind of like this..."

I think music and exercise did the most good for me, it was the quiet time though that killed me. I don't how much of my life I wasted thinking about her and us, and her and us and... yeah, it was a very long 'groundhog day'. I'd wait until my heart was so tight, tense then blow my lungs, release some pressure and go exercise or do something physical. Music made me forget, mostly 80's and 50's stuff.

One song does come to mind, you have to hear the xrated version to get what it did for me. It was by Eamon, worked for me because we broke up just before xmas. That song was my rally point. Said everything. LOL

I have been having a rough week. This morning was particularly bad. I wrote a "letter to my ex"(one that I wrote in order to get my feelings out, but would never send), tore it up and threw it away. Then I went and got a pedicure. I booked a facial for tomorrow morning. I then took a drive.

[video=youtube;XqWofBdhT2k] ]

A friend of mine played this song for me the other night. I have been listening to it pretty much once a day since.

Ze Frank was a pretty well known YouTuber for a while, and he got a request to wrote a song for a girl who was struggling with anxiety. So he wrote this song for her, and sent it out to a bunch of his followers, asking them to record themselves singing along to it. So in the video he included all their voices too. So, this is essentially people all over the world working together to help one person overcome her anxiety.

This helped. I think I will be listening to this daily for as long as I need to.

I made it through the weekend without contacting him. Weekends are the hardest for me because that's when him and I spent time together. I decided I would go till Tuesday. And then when Tuesday comes I will set another goal. That way it doesn't seem so permanent. I was wondering if he would contact me, but he didn't. I'm kind of sad about that, but at the same time I am kind of thankful. We both need time to heal, and I know by not contacting him I am letting him miss me.

I got moved all the way out of my apartment and am living in my new house now. It was really hard leaving that apartment. I moved into it shortly before I started dating my ex. So it's like our whole relationship was contained in the time I was living there.

Some friends came over last night and spent the night with me. We stayed up till 4am drinking beer and watching YouTube videos. That's always fun when you're down.

I made it through the weekend without contacting him. Weekends are the hardest for me because that's when him and I spent time together. I decided I would go till Tuesday. And then when Tuesday comes I will set another goal. That way it doesn't seem so permanent. I was wondering if he would contact me, but he didn't. I'm kind of sad about that, but at the same time I am kind of thankful. We both need time to heal, and I know by not contacting him I am letting him miss me.

I got moved all the way out of my apartment and am living in my new house now. It was really hard leaving that apartment. I moved into it shortly before I started dating my ex. So it's like our whole relationship was contained in the time I was living there.

Some friends came over last night and spent the night with me. We stayed up till 4am drinking beer and watching YouTube videos. That's always fun when you're down.

I know what you mean about the apartment. When I had to walk out of the apartment (hers) we spent two years in together it was so heart breaking. Looking around and seeing empty spaces where my stuff was. Such a dark sad feeling as I pulled out of the driveway.

I know what you mean about the apartment. When I had to walk out of the apartment (hers) we spent two years in together it was so heart breaking. Looking around and seeing empty spaces where my stuff was. Such a dark sad feeling as I pulled out of the driveway.

Yea... I cried so hard on the porch before I left. And it was dark out and raining, which just added to it.

I thought I would feel better once I was moved into the house I bought. But walking up all alone in this beautiful home I was supposed to share with him just feels worse.

Teraphy made me feel better today. Last night I was a mess. It was Sunday and I didnt have anyone to talk to. I became suicidal again. Then I called a girl I met recently (actually we ve been making out last month, but since im heartbroken, I told her I cannot do that anymore, and after a while she became just a good friend for me). I told her about my thoughs and we made a list of 10 things I should do before suicide. It cheered me up a bit. Today i called her again and she told me to contacto her before doing anything, so she could come up and save me s2

Also today, I had lunch with some friends and even met new people. Then I helped another friend to move in to my house.

All thoose things are helping me get throught the day. (Sorry if was too confusing

I went for a run tonight after work. It was great seeing the moon in the sky and feeling the wind on my face. I felt great afterwords.

I also started journaling about my anger. I told him I would work on my anger. So I have started writing down every time I feel angry, what made me angry, why, and what I did about it.

I dreamt about him last night. And strangely this made me feel better this morning. There was nothing particularly special about the dream. It was just a mundane dream. Though things were a little different than in reality.

For one, my ex currently doesn't have a job.

Also, his hair was long in this dream and his hair is currently short. He is one of those guys who will grow his hair our for years until he can't stand it then cut it off. In the dream he was having a hard time getting the brush through it and I was helping him get some of the knots out.

He was also trying to quit smoking in the dream, and he doesn't smoke. Well not real cigarettes. He has an E-Cig that he uses occasionally, but he doesn't smoke actual cigarettes. He was using some product with the word Shark in it to help him quit. And I was telling him if he really wants to smoke at work to call me and I will help talk him out of it.

Idk... this might seem crazy and delusional, but a few days before we broke up I dreamt that we broke up. Maybe this dream is the universe's way of telling me we will eventually be together again. It was definitely in the future.

Anyway, it was nice spending time with him even if it was in another reality.

Last night I had another dream about him... This time we were going to an event with a bunch of mutual friends at some Theater type place. Him and I rode together with some girl we know. But as soon as we got there and were alone in a room together, he threw his arms around me and said he missed me. I told him I miss him too. And he told me he really wants us to get back together.

I asked why we can't just get back together then, if it is something we both want. I told him I've had almost a month now to reflect on this relationship, and I know we can work things out. He said he still is wrestling with a lot of his issues.

This was happening on Easter weekend, which is a three day weekend for me and it's also his birthday weekend. (This was always convenient when we were together because I usually took him on little mini vacations for his birthday.) In the dream he was talking about it being his birthday weekend and how he is going to his own birthday party the next day.

I do plan on breaking NC that weekend and calling him for his birthday. I think that's a suitable reason.

Also... I gave away my old mattress to a guy who needs it for his son to sleep on. People told me I should just throw i out. It's 20 years old. Who's going to want a 20 year old mattress? Well, it was still comfortable even if it was old. And as someone who has been in a situation where I had to sleep on the floor in the past, I would rather sleep on a 20 ear old mattress than on the floor.

I miss him so much... I didn't want to wake up from the dream.

What helped me today actually was talking to her on the phone (we have 3 kids so we have to maintain parental contact) my dad isn't doing well and too add to all the stress with my family breaking up, I have to go through my father's health which is worrying me. Anyway she tells me on a phone call that she has been having alot of pain, and stress with everything, kids negative reaction to separation, and she said that since it was her idea to want to leave me, and with all she was going through that I must have been going through even more pain, and that I should go to counselling because she is, and that she wanted me to know that she will always respect me. What the fa was that. Isn't it nice for someone to be so totally in control of her life that she wants the best for me in my misery. Unreal I just told her to please keep it about the kids. Unreal. What helped me though to gain some closure is that being sad about a woman who does not want me, and how really wants to move on is not worth hurting over. It's done, my boys need me now more than ever. So that's what worked for me today

Travel. On my spring break so been to Yakushima and now in Kagoshima. It has been a year since the break up and I have done some amazing trips during that time that wouldnt have been possible if I was still in a relationship.

Take advantage of your newfound independence as you never know when it might end. It might still hurt but doing things that you love, in my case travelling, gives you such a boost!

Archived