What helped you feel better today?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been really doing some inner work. Reading, watching videoes and trying to stop looking for external fixes. Sure I can buy new clothes or shoes or change my hair .....but the inside will still be broken. It's time for me to stop the patterns and get healthy. So that's what I am doing. I already feel a small shift. Very small....but it's progress.

Been really doing some inner work. Reading, watching videoes and trying to stop looking for external fixes. Sure I can buy new clothes or shoes or change my hair .....but the inside will still be broken. It's time for me to stop the patterns and get healthy. So that's what I am doing. I already feel a small shift. Very small....but it's progress.

I watched actualized.org how to get over a breakup. He outlined steps to do the inner work. I'm following one step a week (reading/YouTube etc.) learning lots. Plus kills time when I don't feel like being out with friends, online dating etc.

I watched actualized.org how to get over a breakup. He outlined steps to do the inner work. I'm following one step a week (reading/YouTube etc.) learning lots. Plus kills time when I don't feel like being out with friends, online dating etc.

I love Leo Gura. He is awesome. I love his very detailed explanations. He is believable and he doesn't talk about material things.

So many things...it was a great day!

- Back to school which felt good. New teachers, new atmosphere, fresh.

- Gorgeous sunny day and the blossom is approaching full bloom.

- Went to visit what I consider to be Japan's most beautiful castle in the evening, and it was just stunning with all the blossom.

- I did the same visit 12 months ago just after the break up and remember picking up a pile of blossom from the floor and scattering it, just like when someone has died, trying anything to bring closure to the abrupt nature of the break up. I also felt upset seeing all the couples enjoying the castle and the blossom. Today, I just had a smile on my face the whole time! What a journey the last 12 months have been, but I felt proud to have got through it, and in a way now that one year has passed, I feel kind of liberated. I have felt amazing today, and long may that continue

- Oh and my best friend is visiting Japan next week for 3 weeks, so cannot wait to see her and do trips together. Meeting her in Tokyo, she is visiting my 'hometown' and then spending time in Kyoto together. Good times ahead!

So many things...it was a great day!

- Back to school which felt good. New teachers, new atmosphere, fresh.

- Gorgeous sunny day and the blossom is approaching full bloom.

- Went to visit what I consider to be Japan's most beautiful castle in the evening, and it was just stunning with all the blossom.

- I did the same visit 12 months ago just after the break up and remember picking up a pile of blossom from the floor and scattering it, just like when someone has died, trying anything to bring closure to the abrupt nature of the break up. I also felt upset seeing all the couples enjoying the castle and the blossom. Today, I just had a smile on my face the whole time! What a journey the last 12 months have been, but I felt proud to have got through it, and in a way now that one year has passed, I feel kind of liberated. I have felt amazing today, and long may that continue

- Oh and my best friend is visiting Japan next week for 3 weeks, so cannot wait to see her and do trips together. Meeting her in Tokyo, she is visiting my 'hometown' and then spending time in Kyoto together. Good times ahead!

Happy for you!!! Time does heal.....but it's what you do with that time

So far today (and it's still early) just watched more videos on mindfulness...am planning my trip at the end of the month, and going to do my workout in a bit. Also, my 2 year old bassett hound is snuggled on my lap snoring....lol. How can that NOT be a good day??

and going to do my workout in a bit.

Me too. 9pm here so I better get a move on............

am planning my trip at the end of the month

Where are you heading? I know that travel is my medicine, and I think that has been the most important thing I have done in the last year. Always come back so refreshed, whether it be big trips, weekends away, or even just evenings like the one I have just had.

I'm in the US, so going to North Carolina for a long weekend to visit family. Looking forward to the diversion. Then hopefully I'll have another trip in September/October... that's the plan.

Tomorrow I'm going to the beach for the day. Even that helps

As is usually the case, a euphoric day was followed by one that ended up pretty stressful. Been torrential rain all day too which didn't help!

However, as this thread is about feeling better, I did feel great when I got back to my apartment! It is like my safe haven! I also wrote down the situation that caused me stress, and how I would have liked to have handled it better, and that has helped a lot.

Also, giving the teachers at work some cookies from Yakushima felt nice, as did visiting one of my other schools in the afternoon and getting a lovely reaction from the teachers who I haven't seen for a while.

Going to do my workout now which will also help, followed by a long hot bath, and then draw a line under today.

Played basketball with the kids at school during morning break time, and again after lunch...lots of fun!

Also had my hair cut after work. The barber is a funny guy and his mother is a lovely old Japanese lady. Always enjoy chatting to them in broken English/Japanese. I gave them some cookies from my recent travels as well which they appreciated.

Weekend!

The man who sexually abused me was arrested tonight.

And I wanted so bad to text my ex and tell him, but I didn't break NC.

Also, one of my mentors in driving 70 miles on Sunday to have coffee with me. I haven't met her in person yet. I am pretty excited and nervous about that.

Worked through some of the activities in The Chimp Paradox book. Also did my workout and watched some amazing wildlife documentaries. Good to have a quiet weekend as I will be travelling with my best friend for the next three!

Listened to the first few chapters of The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (audiobook). First attempt was unsuccessful as I fell asleep due to Eckhart's relaxing voice! Going to really try and think about the 'now' but got to keep listening to reinforce the point. Found myself nodding agreement and smiling at a lot of what I heard.

Then spoke to my friend in the UK...cannot wait for her to arrive in Japan next weekend!!

I had such a great weekend... Saturday night my house was full of friends, some of whom stayed pretty much all day Sunday.

I finished a painting today.

Tonight I ran my route and only had to stop once. Now I am sitting here drinking a glass of white wine and listening to some hippie jam music.

[video=youtube;Lz0BGyq8Utw] ]

I have the day off. ..it's already a good day it's also very nice out.

Been meditating and watching some videos to help me sort through some things. Ultimately I know only time does the trick. Im realizing a lot of my patterns and ways of relating have been holding me back and seriously impairing me.

Also visualizing my future gives me hope and motivates me. So that definetely makes me feel better!!

Archived