What helped you feel better today?

I had plans with a friend to go enjoy a hobby we both are passionate about. After that I went hiking by myself and then met some friends (who live 45 mins away near the mountains) for lunch and then we walked around town with some ice cream. Came home and painted, then I did some gardening. I wrote a letter to my ex that I probably won't send and I cried a little. I also have a date planned for tomorrow.

It's been about 3 months since the breakup and it's taken me that entire time to actually get to this point. To dig myself out of the trenches, from death, to feeling like doing things.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay day!!

I need to have a quiet few months and save money for this summer's Iceland trip. Thinking ahead to that always makes me feel happy

Also, while it was a busy first day of the week at school, the kids are just soooo cute and you can't help but smile at some of the things they do!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What has helped me is remembering why we didn't work. I never want to talk badly about my most recent person as I love her and she is a really good person. But I realized that as I spoke to a friend today about the situation, I remember how we are so different and how we just didn't match up. Do I still miss her, yes. How could I not? Do I think that even though I miss her that I made the right decision? I do... And yes, it was my decision and no, it didn't make it ANY easier. It was incredibly difficult.

We work in same organisation. Friday during an event he was ignored to fullest, rather I would say he didn't even exist for me.

Could see the restlessness setting in him.

Had a great weekend after along time.

Spoke and chatted with lots of school time friends. Planning a reunion sooon. Sunday went for shopping. Enjoyed!

Monday morning I realised that I didn't miss him as I used in the past during the weekends.

Archived