Tagging your date on social media?

GirlontheLam

I went on a first date this weekend with someone I have been flirting with for a few weeks. The date was literally one of the best ones I have ever been on.

We haven't known each other long enough to be good friends, but get along like we have known each other for ever. So we were quick to connect on social media. We also have mutual acquaintances.

One thing threw me for a loop. We took a few selfies together (his idea). For background, he is tagged in pictures often but doesn't post many on his own. He posted our pic and tagged us - asking permission first.

I haven't ever posted a pic with anyone I don't have a defined relationship with yet to avoid uncomfortable questions. And we are not yet defined. Friends or more.

Most guys I know generally only post pics of their serious partners. And when they are single rarely post with pics with only one woman. They will post pics with several. Or of course at a special event.

What do you think? Positive sign?

I would be a little concerned with who he might want to be showing off to. Most guys I know are as you say. I can't imagine tagging someone I just dated, I usually don't even want to mention to anyone that I dated somebody for the first few times.

But I am pretty slow to connect on social media as well, and as notalady says, everyone treats it differently.

Look I'm as loose as the next guy is when it comes to adding people who are pretty much strangers as facebook friends, but someone I've been on all but one date with? Gotta reach back to the 90s for this one but...

"GET REAL"

Lol. Well I have known him about a year via work. I friended him essentially when we started to get to know each other personally (after a few months of personal convos).

So it wasn't like online dating but still not like there were other outings ever.

I didn't add the guy I was seeing onto my social media til about a month after dating him and we were exclusive. We've been seeing each other for 3 months and haven't made it "facebook official" yet. It doesn't really seem to matter to us. I agree with NAL - means different things to different people.

Do you think it's a good sign?

I agree with notalady social media means different things to different people.

Not everyone uses it so formally/seriously.

Maybe he had a really fun time with you, it was a bold move on his part so maybe he really does like you.

I guess I wonder how it reads more broadly. Bold is a good word for it.

I am sort of private so it is amazing I even told a few friends I had a crush.

Then boom it is out in public we were out together which opens up more questions that I don't quite have an answer for.

But if you know both of us personally it would just make sense for us to hang out.

I guess I would say it is positive. He definitely likes me some kinda way.

To each their own. Everybody has a different take on social media.

I'm big on photography, so naturally I'm huge on posting (really cool and quality) pictures of everyone/everything.

However I won't post pictures of just the two us (IE selfies, the two of us, or anything that indicates we're dating) until at least a month or two in and/or we've declared exclusivity.

I guess I wonder how it reads more broadly. Bold is a good word for it.

I am sort of private so it is amazing I even told a few friends I had a crush.

Then boom it is out in public we were out together which opens up more questions that I don't quite have an answer for.

But if you know both of us personally it would just make sense for us to hang out.

I guess I would say it is positive. He definitely likes me some kinda way.

I know what you mean I am a private person too, but sometimes you just got to live and not worry about what others think.

If people do happen to ask you about the picture you can just say he is a friend which he is.

Archived