so, my ex boyfriend decided to end our relationship of 4 years on september after coming back from a trip to Mexico (which i though was amazing). It was unexpected, so obviously i was devastated. I ended up losing my home, moving back with my parents and the guy i thought i was going to marry. Right now i am in therapy, trying to make myself better. I go once every week. What sucks is he blamed me for everything. When we fought, we fought badly. He had his bad things, which i accepted and i had my bad things which i though he accepted. I was so good to him, one thing i do regret was acting like a wife when we weren't even married. By the way i am 24 and he is going to turn 23. Everyone tells me he is going to come back and regret it (it has happened to them and trust me, it happened to them, a bunch of my friends, my brother). My boss, my sister, my coworker I mean everyone tells me this (i dont go around and tell everyone my business, i wanted to keep this private but by accident my coworker told my boss and he was so nice to me and gave me advice since he was young before and went thru this a lot with his wife). My boss said that he is young and right now he wants to experience the single life and mess around (yes my boss told me that) and whats crazy is when my boss told me he just wants to mess around, it didnt really hurt because after the breakup he was already going out to bars and adding his ex and putting a pic of her on social media with a heart on it and captioning it to new beginnings (that hurt trust me) after that i decided to deactivate all my social media and block his number. I am so ashamed to say this but sometimes i hope he comes back and other times i get so angry and think you deserve so much better and someone who actually wants to be with you because i think about all the stuff i did for him and for him to just leave like that. What sucks is we took out a loan and once a month i have to get the money from his part. But let me tell you this, it has been two months that we broke up, a couple of days of no contact only when i have to talk to him about the rent for our apartment or our loan and honestly i feel a lot better from when he broke it off. I catch myself smiling more, feel more energy to go to work, feel less anxious (trust me, i would wake up at 3 am and get anxious and wouldnt be able to go back to sleep everyday), i dont really have nightmares as much as i did and cry as much as much like in the first 2 weeks of the break up. But i do feel sad here and there, i still get anxious but not as much and cry sometimes. Trust me, if you have just broken up please dont lose hope. I was at your place and i know its only 2 months since my break up and i know i have a lot of getting better to do, but i just want to tell anybody, you will get better. You will find someone who deserves to be with you, not some jerk who has a big ego (trust me my ex has that big ego cuz of all the times i made him feel good about himself) and thinks he can get you back or mess with you anytime he wants too. I AM GOING TO GET BETTER AND SO WILL YOU

PS: One thing my mom told me was: " LISTEN TO ME, YOU WILL GET OVER THIS. I AM YOUR MOTHER SO TRUST ME. i dont know why, but it made me feel better because when she said it, she said it with such confidence and i believed her.

Archived