I never thought I would post here

Hoagy

When crap hits the fan in life, there are 2 choices:

Choice #1 - dwell, curl up int he corner, be sad, cry.......and be depressed and allow the event to consume you and swallow you whole

OR

Choice #2 - get over it, be positive and optimistic, let it make you stronger and better person and do SOMETHING with it.

Weak people take #1, Strong people take #2.

Which one are you OP?

We believe that we do not longer care, but we care. We are here writing because we care, because we want to find that perfect equation that will save us from our negative emotions and feelings.

I have been there, I know it is hard, even more hard if we are alone, or if we do not have a job, or friends or any place where to go. But see, this is a great forum, with great people. Every time I have felt depress, alone or desperate, with that idea "want to die", I have write here, and I have found support.

I believe also there is not tomorrow, there is now. We can feel bad today, but tomorrow could be different, we just have to wait and keep trying.

Please look for help, go an visit a psychologist. I have been there and they have helped me a lot.

Take care.

Hi,

I went through the same very recently. I thought I had no other way out but then I asked for help from a family member and I am so glad I did. It saved my life.

I went to my doctor and was prescribed antidepressant medication - this isnt for everyone so I'm not saying you should take it, your doctor would discuss that with you! - I have also been referred for counselling. Walking out of that doctors office I knew that a plan was in place and I felt instantly a little bit better.

These things take time and a lot of hard work but you can get through it. Believe me I thought I had made up my mind and it couldnt be changed.

Please reach out to a family, friend or doctor and be honest about you feel. It may hard to say those thoughts out loud but you will receive help.

Stay strong

Life is a rollercoaster, full of up and downs. Please don't assume OP has depression or should even see a doctor based on a dip/down on the rollercoaster.

We all go through it, if it's for extended period of time and person does everything they can (diet, exercise/physical activity) and months later nothing is helping, then it's time to see a doc.

Life is a rollercoaster, full of up and downs. Please don't assume OP has depression or should even see a doctor based on a dip/down on the rollercoaster.

We all go through it, if it's for extended period of time and person does everything they can (diet, exercise/physical activity) and months later nothing is helping, then it's time to see a doc.

Yeah, posting on a suicide forum about dying inside is "just a dip" and we should wait months before suggesting this person see a doctor.

Alrighty then..

Yeah, posting on a suicide forum about dying inside is "just a dip" and we should wait months before suggesting this person see a doctor.

Alrighty then..

Sorry if was to superficial my recommendation. I mentioned the doctor, because for me was good to see one. I do not know to much about or how long a person should wait to see one. But anyone struggling emotionally and writing here is because is dealing with some big conflicts or issues. I smile to people everyday or almost everyday, I go outside and I treat others well and I have almost kill myself. Dying inside is a good definition for me. And without professional help, most probably I would not be here today.

Hope you are doing better Hoagy.

Oh my god. I hope no one listens to this.

Look, when you want to die and let the earth swallow you up whole, you absolutely should NOT eat bananas and run on a treadmill for 2 months, "wait it out". Please, DoF, whatever your issue is with big pharma is yours. Discouraging suicidal people from seeking medical help because it might mean a pill is terribly irresponsible advice. Allow me to remind you there is a difference between a fragile state of mind and 'weakness'.

Hoagy, I know you have been on a downward spiral and you are dealing with a lot in regards to your career and pride. Please understand that these feelings you have don't make you weak, and there is no option 1 and option 2 in that respect. We all have thresholds, and if things keep piling up whether they be external issues, feelings or a combination - You're going to run out of gas. What you need is some highway rescue patrol. The guys that come fill your tank up with a gallon so you can get to the nearest gas station and fill up - You need to find that one gallon to carry you over to the place where you can fill up. I don't know what that means for you, because it means something different for all of us.

Come talk to us or PM me if you would like.

I think dont think that this just sounds like a 'dip in the rollercoaster'.

I have been suicidal and was suggesting to OP that they need to speak to a doctor or medical professional as they sometimes are the best people to help. Once you reach a certain low its difficult to bring yourself out of that.

Everyone is different but it worked for me so obviously I would advise this to someone.

Archived