Is He Being a Good Friend or Attempting to Seduce Me?

Naomi99

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'm sorry I encouraged you. I will say that I think it's just as mean to not tell him about it as it is to talk about it behind his back. Let him know, kindly.

Sister, please. You didn't encourage me!! I take full responsibility, as much as it stinks!

Or use your good sense of humour to point it out kindly.

Show up on Friday wearing nose plugs???

You know what I think it is? I think he leaves his clothes in the washer and then dries them five days later when they're damp and mildewy. It's that sort of smell….You know what I mean? I hate that smell.

Naomi,

Is your Avatar a picture of you? Or is it a picture of an extraordinarily beautiful woman from some movie that I haven't seen?

If that is a picture of you, he is trying to seduce you. Case closed. We're on page 44 already, sheesh.

It's Monica Bellucci, first actress to play a Bond woman over 50 years old.

I would say I'm about three notches uglier than she is. Maybe four.

Here is the update. On Tues PM, he texted after work, yet again, asking me to meet him at the restaurant. I said I'd like to stay home tonight and he said okay, rest up.

I texted him yesterday asking how new restaurant was, and he said fantastic, and will I go with him next week. I said not sure of my schedule, will let him know.

So that means he went without me. That is a GOOD thing!!

I'm going to keep it at once-a-week outings. I think he is getting the hint.

Here is the update. On Tues PM, he texted after work, yet again, asking me to meet him at the restaurant. I said I'd like to stay home tonight and he said okay, rest up.

I texted him yesterday asking how new restaurant was, and he said fantastic, and will I go with him next week. I said not sure of my schedule, will let him know.

So that means he went without me. That is a GOOD thing!!

I'm going to keep it at once-a-week outings. I think he is getting the hint.

Do you ever mention any of the men you are dating?

Might not be a bad idea.

Hi Naomi.

I am attracted to a guy so is he. But as a result lot of confusions & complications, things have not settled between us for past one year.

We both of tried at our level but lack of communication & so many other limitations, our relation has not been officially established.

Anyhow few months back, after trying for 8-9 months with this guy, I thought of calling it off. I discussed this with a friend (who I knew was interested in me since long).

I shared with him that after months, I find myself nowhere with this guy. This friend of mine is no doubt very handsome, good looking & successful and one who is genuinely interested in me.

He loves me from the core, I knew it & felt also. He straightaway asked me If at all I am looking to enter into a relationship why not him? Does he fail in any of my set criteria? Why I am wasting my time on someone who is not that into me.

For me at that moment it was food for thought- I was running after a guy who was not into me and there was another guy who had secretly been interested in me from years. He was the guy who always cared for my feelings, always there when needed, very genuine, very dependable with good looks, athletic built, always in his finest attire. This friend had dropped hints many a times in the past and I was aware that he liked me but I never had those feelings for him so never responded, rather I knowingly ignored.

So this food for thought made me to think over his proposal & I thought of giving it a try. He asked me out for dining one night. It was a date. He was before time, opening door for me, pulling chair, asking me to order as per my choice, paid the bills.. in short every possible gesture a gentleman could have made. I was floored. We kissed & said goodnight after spending a real good time. Back home that night,I had not even changed & received a thanks message from him.( I compared both the guys and For a moment I felt how foolish i was to ignore all this and running for a guy who did nothing for me on our first dinner date. Infact I was depressed after the date.)

On our second dinner, my friend proposed me and we started dating officially . Going out on weekends, texting throughout the day, instant replies from him, picking me from my bus stop in the evening after my office just to spend an hour or so with me without asking, grabing quick dinner, chocolates, flowers, anything a lady could xpect from a genleman

she is dating and that too without saying. OMG- It was a fairytale but a shortlived ones.

As his passion & love for me started mounting up, I felt mine going down. Deep down I was not able to forget the guy I liked. Infact he was always there at the back of my mind even when I was dating my friend. I felt I was chaeting on my friend who wanted to take our realtionship to next level of marriage for sure. We dated for 2-3 months, kissing, cuddling & hugging no more physical intimacy.

Finally I broke my silence as could not cheat on my friend anymore with my feeling for the other guy. I expressed openly that I still think of the other guy & forcefully will not be able to put myself into any relationship with you. ofcourse he was badly shattered & hurt. But I felt hurting him once was better than cheeting him forever with feelings for another guy. He also never forced me for anything as he wanted the relationship as soulmates not platonic. It was true love from his side... we still talk at times but the friend thing is missing..

I called it quits after 3 months of dating. And here I am longing for a guy who doesn't even understands me...Forget about the rest of the feelings. But after more than a year, I feel my feelings are genuine for this guy but I have no expectations from him as even after one year it has not led us anywhere. Its more of a one sided, i feel.

So speaking from experience, I can only say go for it if you are over Doc1. Idoubt you are over doc1. And go for it if you feel the chemistry. Reading your posts makes me feel you are not that into him. I regret my decision of dating my friend as I am left with nothing in my hands, I lost a good friend. I should have discouraged his advances & should have continued as a friend with him. Atleast I didn't get the guy I loved but I had the bestest friend by myside.

Some people will call me foolish for leaving diamonds while busy collecting stones but as you say love is blind.

Archived