Can you compare my company's sales spiel to what ive created?

Hello Guys I hope i can get some opinion here, Ive recently got in a company that is selling Microsoft Software. The company itself is good, but i think their sales spiel isnt working very well. a few hundreds of calles every day for the past 3 months and no new business opened yet.

I made my own spiel based upon the wolf of wall street Jordan Belfort's seminar " the straight line persuasion program".

I want some 3rd party opinion so that i can check myself and that its not just me that thinks its awesome. I haven't used it because of the fear of going outside of my comfort zone, But im here in this job because I want to get out of my shell, and i have a unquenchable thirst for success.

Thanks in advance.

1. my sales spiel derived from Straight line persuasion by Jordan Belfort.

hi john this is mike from PCM out here at California.

how are you doing today?

Great!

well the reason for my call, is that Ive been calling and doing business with some of your local establishments on how to optimist their business using tech. and I got to say I would want to do be an asset to you and your company in the same way. how can we make that happen?

No.

I understand youve got an IT firm as you said, but look keep us as a second opinion, i dont being such a thing. But when the day comes that you need a second look on whatever you are doing with your IT firm, give us a shot and i promise you. the only problem you will have is that I didn't find you months ago sound fair enough?

no

well john what if I told you that I can give a competitive drive to your economy and at the same time take good care of it, wouldnt that be the best decision

vs.

2. The company's recommended sales spiel"

hi john this is mike calling in behalf of microsoft how are you doing to day?

Good.

Great!

Im just checking on your server if its updated to 2012? since we are ending the support for server 2003 this coming july 14.

yes were updated.

ok any other microsoft product you have that your planing to upgrade in the next 2-3 months?

no.

ok why dont you keep my contact information and just in case you need to get things up to date with any thing microsoft, i can give you the most competitive price in the market. can i have your email?

no

End the call.

I have kind of a hard time deciphering what it is exactly that you are trying to say. Basically I can tell you are trying to sell them something to "optimize their business using technology" but there is no hint as to what that technology is. I think it's too many words and all people will hear is "salesman" and many will hang up before you finish. You can try it though anyway, it wouldn't hurt. Maybe try out different ways of saying things until you find something that works more often.

Personally I think using the company's recommended lines would work the best. Bust instead of asking if they have any other upgrades planned in the next few months, you could tell them about some new product available that would benefit them if there is a way you could word it concisely.

Alli Thank you so much for the feed back, Yeah I see what you mean about what ive created, Honestly im quite a Novice at this. The problem with the company is that it doesnt offer anything new. it just offers cheaper price for tech that already exist mostly from Microsoft. and the Campaign just started 3 months ago and about 300 employees making 100 calls every day and is using that line and no sale has been made ever since, I just took it to myself that there might be something wrong with what we are saying.

Yes its in North America inside the USA. cold calling is not that great. what would you recommend? im thinking of starting a blog soon.

Blog is a great idea, make sure you put in user tips etc so that it's not just advertising. There also contests, and games etc. Facebook, twitter, etc. Use social media - it's the way it works now - cold calling is quite old fashioned.

Good luck - at least you are selling a quality product - you have that going for you as well.

Blog is a great idea, make sure you put in user tips etc so that it's not just advertising. There also contests, and games etc. Facebook, twitter, etc. Use social media - it's the way it works now - cold calling is quite old fashioned.

Good luck - at least you are selling a quality product - you have that going for you as well.

Cheers mate I shall look into this, Im sure social media has a lot of things to offer.

Never call a business and make it like they need to want to help you. "i've been calling other businesses to try and..." Nope. Say "Mr Bigshot, I recently started working with your friend Mr.Littleshot. We replaced his servers last month and he mentioned that you were in the market and having trouble with..." Get names. Find people that you have done work for, and network those referrals. You are not selling girl scout cookies.

Archived