She broke it off with me?

Jeffbobo

Jeff,

Whether you think she is worth any more effort and time on your part is up to you. If you want some answers and possible clarification tell her to meet you for a drink so you can talk face to face. Texting is a terrible way to communicate about relationship stuff. Far to many text something they would never say in person or don't realize how their text could be misconstrued.

Who knows what the heck she is thinking but it might be good research to ask.

Keep us posted

Lost

I appreciate everybody's responses and insite. I'm pondering what I should do at this point... I think I will take the advice of "lost", get together with her and ask for clarification.

A couple updates...

1. I didn't get a chance to see "lost's" suggestion last night. At that point, I had a "screw this crap" attitude in my head so I pulled the trigger on meeting someone else this week.

2. The "new woman" in question texted me this morning and asked if I would like to go away with her this weekend. Ok...

Why do I continually find myself in these situations. Ugh... Lol.

To be clear ---- new woman = coffee date = go away for the weekend???

Yowser.

Sorry for the confusion.

1. Coffee date = woman I *just* connected with last night.

2. Go away for weekend woman = woman we've been talking about. The "You're not emotionally available 24/7" gal.

Still yikes. She just told you to stay lost until you were emotionally available 24/7. And then texted about plans down the road.

And assuming you hadn't texted her back yet....now wants to go away for the weekend.

If you do so, bring your GPS. Because she doesn't have a compass.

Ok. Another update. After taking "lost's" advice and discussing things with her, she apologized for the way she acted. She said her best friend of 20 years is going through divorce, and announced to her that she is moving to the east coast. She was having a hard time dealing with that news that day. She said she wanted me to be there to talk/listen and that she treated me unfairly. I told her I understand.

After we got through that, conversation turned to the type of underwear I wear and what I swim in (I'm an avid swimmer). So I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

Ok. Another update. After taking "lost's" advice and discussing things with her, she apologized for the way she acted. She said her best friend of 20 years is going through divorce, and announced to her that she is moving to the east coast. She was having a hard time dealing with that news that day. She said she wanted me to be there to talk/listen and that she treated me unfairly. I told her I understand.

After we got through that, conversation turned to the type of underwear I wear and what I swim in (I'm an avid swimmer). So I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

Come on...inquiring minds want to know? Brief/boxer? Speedo/jams??

It is fairly obvious where it goes from here...ehh hmmm.

this is what i was trying to say in my previous post but u said it so much better. esp the part about being clear from the start. which from what i read he has been. i also think it's going to be an interesting task finding a woman in your age group that's ok with just dating around. (in response to mhowe's comment)---i would quote it too but dont know how. but theyre out there im sure. i guess it's just a narrowing down thing

2. The "new woman" in question texted me this morning and asked if I would like to go away with her this weekend. Ok...

Why do I continually find myself in these situations. Ugh... Lol.

Easy answer: you continually engage them.

When you change nothing, nothing changes. Have you noticed?

Archived