"I'll call you" - what does it mean?

Rihanna

I think that you've reached out and showed him you're interested. I personally would let him handle it from here forward. It very well could be that he's busy or it could be that he's lost interest for whatever reason or it could be something else. Maybe send him a happy holidays text close to xmas or something but other than that id let him contact from here. If he's interested , I don't care how busy work is, unless he's sick, it doesn't take anything to send a quick "catch up" or hello text. one can do that while going to the bathroom. ive always believed that ppl make time for what they want to make time for (except in certain circumstances)

Ok Everyone, you all seem right about this guy, I think 'he's not that into me' and I'm ok with that. I think it was just hurting my ego especially after he's introduced me to his family and has asked and come over to meet mine. I think he's weird nevertheless, it's over! He sounds interested over text and on the phone. He calls me 'sweetheart' and ends his texts with kisses which he didn't do from the beginning. Also, he's always been laid back a bit too much but I agree if a guy is interested he would make a call or text every single day and this guy hasn't. He called me on Sunday multiple times and he genuinely seemed very busy and told me that this is the worse time of year workwise. But I invited him while on the phone to meet up for ice cream and he said to call him when I get there. I texted him when I got there around 9 pm and texted back: "Would love to sweet but I have to be up at 6 and I'm not far from bed. I catch up with you sometime this week good night x" ... He answers every text I send, he's intitiated very few. He calls back every time. My family even senses that 'he's not interested in me' which makes me feel bit embarrassed and rejected. But that's life! When I talked to him about xmas plans and New years he didn't seem to involve me perhaps it's too soon or he's not that interested (again!)... But I feel like he sends me mixed messages example, why would he insist that he WILL call me and then doesn't? Why would he say we will catch up and then he doesn't? is there anything I've done wrong or said? Why the mixed messages, I would like him to man up and say it... Any more advice on this. thank you all

why would he insist that he WILL call me and then doesn't? Why would he say we will catch up and then he doesn't? is there anything I've done wrong or said? Why the mixed messages, I would like him to man up and say it... Any more advice on this. thank you all

You need to understand either a) someone else is in the picture and he's trying to keep you in reserve for when he can get away and/or pass the time with and b) standing you up after agreeing to meet you is a giant honking red flag. He didn't even use the "something came up" excuse, did you not notice that? He used an excuse about something he should have known from the beginning would be a problem and not made the date in the first place.

Regardless of his reasons which can range from the "I want to pretend I have a relationship without doing any of the work" to "Dang woman keeps asking me where I'm going and hasn't left town yet to go to her mother's while i'm working my game here with this one" the only fact that matters is this one--his words, which are cheap and easy to use, do not match is actions. Faking interest is one of the easiest things on the planet to do. Throw in a few text kisses, insist you're interested over and over, keep that fish on the line even if you never meet, can't meet, won't meet.

To some people it's a game. And yeah, he's gaming you ruthlessly. It isn't mixed messages at all, you're just falling for the talk and no action. And it's action that backs up what someone is saying.

Take a moment and pretend something for me. Pretend you have absolutely no texts, no phone calls, no communications from him except that of when you two were face-to-face. And against that plot all the time you've known him. Does that sound like someone interested and/or available to you? It sure doesn't to me. I said it before I'll say it again, you're getting conned. And not able to see you during the holidays means he's spending it with someone else. I'm sorry, either this guy is together with someone, together with a whole bunch of someones or simply enjoys a psuedo-relationship at arm's length which signals all sorts of mental/emotional problems you do not want to deal with.

I know you keep hoping what you're seeing isn't real, but it is. You have a guy faking interest with a few texts--they're cheap, easy, keep you in the wings waiting for when he can get around to you if he ever does, and mean he doesn't have to do anything .Truthfully when he stood you up at the ice cream shop with a lame excuse you should have gone home and deleted everything after sending one text, "Never call me again." You didn't though so now he knows he can just keep playing you secure in the knowledge you will never walk away until he's good and ready or the wife /girlfriend finds his texts.

The only thing you've done is let some flattery get the better of your judgment. To that end you need to get a whole lot less vulnerable, becaues there are people out there who really prey on people like you for far darker reasons than a bit of amusement. Dump him.

Archived