Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

" In a box not a bottle" Asperger's revealed

Seraphim

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Seraphim said:

You want to hear something friggin sad? The life expectancy of an Autistic person is 54 years due to society’s neglect . 

This is awful Seraphim! Why is this? Suicide? Poor living conditions? Health problems? I have never heard this.

x

3 hours ago, mylolita said:

This is awful Seraphim! Why is this? Suicide? Poor living conditions? Health problems? I have never heard this.

x

Basically all of it and denial of healthcare because the patient is “ difficult “. Abandonment by family etc . Inability to work and poverty, homelessness etc . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

There is also talk that you can’t have two neurotypical parents and have a neurodiverse child. Well, my husband is neurodiverse 100%. 

Very interesting! You also mentioned you think you are also autistic Seraphim?

One of my friends sisters has just been diagnosed, and she was telling me she suspects her mum is too (who is 65 now and an ex French teacher), but they dare not suggest anything to her! I know their mum quite well and I get on with her great! She’s straight to the point and blunt but I always admire and appreciate that quality in others, it doesn’t offend me! My husband is the same way, but not autistic, just like a bull in a China shop sometimes socially! 

x

14 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Very interesting! You also mentioned you think you are also autistic Seraphim?

One of my friends sisters has just been diagnosed, and she was telling me she suspects her mum is too (who is 65 now and an ex French teacher), but they dare not suggest anything to her! I know their mum quite well and I get on with her great! She’s straight to the point and blunt but I always admire and appreciate that quality in others, it doesn’t offend me! My husband is the same way, but not autistic, just like a bull in a China shop sometimes socially! 

x

I greatly suspect I am and identify as such in some circles but never to my mom or brother as that would never be accepted . My mom doesn’t recognize Autistic people who don’t need massive supports, but we do exist. 

I fight the urge to speak my mind constantly but that is masking forced by society. 

12 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I greatly suspect I am and identify as such in some circles but never to my mom or brother as that would never be accepted . My mom doesn’t recognize Autistic people who don’t need massive supports, but we do exist. 

I fight the urge to speak my mind constantly but that is masking forced by society. 

It’s such an interesting thing Seraphim as I believe women often find it easier(?) to mask in public than men? Am I wrong there?

This might be my friends Mum’s case but it makes no difference to me because, I just like her; and find the upfront forward ness massively refreshing! And we have a little fan club about each going because she was of the first people I met moving here, and we created the reading group together, and she feels like a second Mum to me!! 

And I’m sorry your Mum and Brother don’t understand. It’s quite confusing to wrap my head round actually but when you function socially you don’t think any differently about it. Well, I say function socially, when I’m not ranting and raving, hyperactive or on the verge of break down yes I do okay LOL! 

Hope your son is doing well x

1 hour ago, mylolita said:

It’s such an interesting thing Seraphim as I believe women often find it easier(?) to mask in public than men? Am I wrong there?

This might be my friends Mum’s case but it makes no difference to me because, I just like her; and find the upfront forward ness massively refreshing! And we have a little fan club about each going because she was of the first people I met moving here, and we created the reading group together, and she feels like a second Mum to me!! 

And I’m sorry your Mum and Brother don’t understand. It’s quite confusing to wrap my head round actually but when you function socially you don’t think any differently about it. Well, I say function socially, when I’m not ranting and raving, hyperactive or on the verge of break down yes I do okay LOL! 

Hope your son is doing well x

Women will mask more unfortunately. It causes a lot of psychological issues. 

Yeah , my family feels I am “ too competent “ to be Autistic. Uh what? There are totally “competent “ ( whatever competent is “Autistic people and those who require more support and accommodations. 

Did you know that Sir Anthony Hopkins is Autistic? I have a funny story about him . Apparently he was in Cape Cod as the same time as my aunt and uncle were. He spied my aunt and she was an absolutely gorgeous gorgeous woman, platinum blonde hair and brilliant unbelievable blue eyes, just gorgeous. Well, he strolled up and asked her if she wanted to go to Hollywood with him as she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. My uncle says ,” that’s my wife!” Hopkins says , “ I guess that is no” and he wandered away . 😂 

My son is good. I think he is still sleep he is a massive night owl. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Women will mask more unfortunately. It causes a lot of psychological issues. 

Yeah , my family feels I am “ too competent “ to be Autistic. Uh what? There are totally “competent “ ( whatever competent is “Autistic people and those who require more support and accommodations. 

Did you know that Sir Anthony Hopkins is Autistic? I have a funny story about him . Apparently he was in Cape Cod as the same time as my aunt and uncle were. He spied my aunt and she was an absolutely gorgeous gorgeous woman, platinum blonde hair and brilliant unbelievable blue eyes, just gorgeous. Well, he strolled up and asked her if she wanted to go to Hollywood with him as she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. My uncle says ,” that’s my wife!” Hopkins says , “ I guess that is no” and he wandered away . 😂 

My son is good. I think he is still sleep he is a massive night owl. 

What an AWESOME story!!!!!

And I have seen the gorgeous eyes in your family - truly out of this world. 

x

• Like 1

And, I never knew that about Anthony Hopkins! What an actor! Now you mention it though… it makes sense. He has that slower, pondering way of speaking, as if he thinks and processes the information to on before it comes out.

Observation - autistic people never seem to be fast talkers? Or is that just wrong of me? 

x

10 minutes ago, mylolita said:

And, I never knew that about Anthony Hopkins! What an actor! Now you mention it though… it makes sense. He has that slower, pondering way of speaking, as if he thinks and processes the information to on before it comes out.

Observation - autistic people never seem to be fast talkers? Or is that just wrong of me? 

x

Hahahaha I will send you the link to my son’s YouTube . He can be a fast talker . I am pretty fast. 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have seen a huge amount of maturing in my son this year. It happens in spurts like it happens with everyone . He is much happier with his dad’s mental health doing a lot better and his new outlook on life. It has made it a lot easier for our son to process. He came down to talk yesterday and it for quite a bit with me. He was saying how much he loved summer holidays. That it was a great time and he’s glad we went.

He talks about the new house. I know he will still have some challenges and outbursts about that but he does talk about it with some happiness.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...