Reasons for a woman to wear a ring on her right ring finger?

Juniper jump

Is there any reason behind a woman to wear a diamond ring on her right ring finger, if she is not engaged or married? Also what does it mean if a woman wears a ring on her right ring finger on the day of marriage, and when she gets married she takes it off?

Is there any reason behind a ring on the right ring finger, is there such a ring to symbolise she is dating someone?

1. Because she likes the ring.

2. Because it fits that finger.

3. Because it is a family heirloom.

4. Because she wants to.

I wear a large antique diamond dinner ring on my right ring finger. It was left to me by my grandmother, and my mother wore it until her death.

It reminds me of my mother every time I look at my hand.

If she is Jewish, especially Orthodox or Conservative, a wedding ring is worn on the right. Women also wear fashion rings on the right all the time.

Also, on the day of marriage, a woman typically wears her engagement ring on her right hand or another finger so her new husband can place her wedding band on her left hand without having to remove the engagement ring.

Women also sometimes remove the diamond off their left hand if it no longer fits that hand. maybe they are pregnant, are retaining water or maybe they have jammed their finger.

It could mean that she is widowed and wants to show that she is unmarried, but is not quite ready to look for someone or doesn't see a reason why she shouldn't wear it, as she was not divorced. Or sometimes someone will wear their mother's ring.

And their are diamond cocktail rings.

If you are wondering what it means on a particular woman ASK HER ABOUT IT.

Archived