Taking it slow or not interested?

EmmieQ

I met a guy on dating site, who replied my one sentence questions in forms of novels - like more than hundreds of words per message. We chatted back and forth for about 3 weeks on a daily basis, but he never brought up meeting somewhere offline. I eventually stopped contacting him nor even bother to ask him to meet. I was not looking for a pen pal after all. And I am still a true believer that if a guy is interested in you, he will at least work on his nerves to ask you out.

Update: this guy just created a new facebook-profile (with his real name, but different spelling) to contact me and ask me whether we could talk, asking me why I deleted and blocked him from facebook...

So, delete that 'identity' and block it.

..and walk away from social media for a while--it's a big world out there, go play in it.

I figured that if he tried contacting me in this way, I owned him at least at explanation, so I did. But I don't regret what happened and I am not changing my mind...

That's fair enough. It might help you to give him an explanation and/or to get things off your chest. I'm glad you're standing your ground though. Incidentally, did he have an explanation for his lack of "actions"?

Yes, he did. He told me his grandmother died and that he had been 'off planet' for about a week.

He was never connected on fb (which is true, I saw he read my message, but he was never the 3 days before I deleted him).

He apologized more than once, told me he understood my actions and respected them, but that he had felt very bad when he saw I had deleted and blocked his profile. Not sure what to think of it...

Yes, he did. He told me his grandmother died and that he had been 'off planet' for about a week.

He was never connected on fb (which is true, I saw he read my message, but he was never the 3 days before I deleted him).

He apologized more than once, told me he understood my actions and respected them, but that he had felt very bad when he saw I had deleted and blocked his profile. Not sure what to think of it...

That his ego has taken a minor blow and he doesn't want to lose the potential for some good making out and sex.

Well, he still hasn't made ANY plans to see you. More than any other time NOW would have been the time to prove himself but he didn't so I would continue with the NEW path you have chosen otherwise you will be sucked back in again.

So he felt bad for the fact that you had deleted and blocked him, not that he hadn't got around to seeing you. That speaks volumes as to what this is all.about for him.

Archived