Is he just not into me?

feelfreefloat

Been seeing this guy for a week. We have hung out a lot recently, haven't don't anything, but have a good time.

we tried to hang out last night but decided on tonight.

I was going to go over to his house and he seemed excited to hang. But then he sent me a text like twenty minutes after the first one saying he forgot he told his roommate he would to go a party with him tonight and I was welcome to come along but if not we could hang out tomorrow.

I told him I would be interested maybe and he said he would text me when there were more solid plans.

Advice?

Well he ended up saying that he thinks we should hang out tomorrow because we don't know anyone at the party. My roommates think he's probably just trying to get with someone else at the party and then hit me up tomorrow. They want me to wait until tomorrow to respond which is totally playing games but they think that's what he's doing (they're all friends with him).

eh, i mean, don't play games. but i'm less than thrilled that you were originally supposed to go over there, and then he invited you, and then uninvited you to a party. that's pretty lame. i'm guessing you guys are young, so maybe he's just not very good with knowing what is appropriate in dating. i don't know about tomorrow, because i would feel kind of jerked around myself.

I get the distinct impression that she feels this way because the plans for them being at his house (possibly alone) were put to the side for a more social scene. Maybe she wanted to go to his place instead and was disappointed that it didn't happen?? Maybe she thought he was making excuses to not let her come over for whatever reason?? Just speculating.

i personally think he's into you being that he invited you to the party. If he blew you off completely then you'd have your answer.

That's what I thought, annie! He's playing in a concert a bunch of my friends are in so he knows I'm going to be there (which is why he suggested hanging out tomorrow so we could "just hang out and relax" instead of being at a party.

It's not like he let me know early on. It was like 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet up. I think he is SLIGHTLY interested but not enough so that I don't feel like I'm potentially just going to be a booty call.

I guess I'm just curious what you would do. I haven't responded yet (it's been two hours).

It sounds like he offered the party invite as an alternative thinking that you would say no (and still being able to gain credit for asking you anyway). Since you didn't, he took back that invitation and ran with it.

Sounds like he wants to keep you behind closed doors for sex, and scout for girls at parties without them thinking he has a girlfriend.

Whatever his motive, I wouldn't accept that sort of behaviour and walk anyway.

Well perhaps this is stupid but I ended up going to the party with my roommates around 1:00 am because they were all going. Then he found me and stayed with me the entire time. We left together and he invited me to eat at his house. Then we ended up in his bed. All we did was make out and then snuggle. I told him I was leaving at 7:00 am and I did.

I probably did something stupid but i don't have any regrets...yet haha. I will see him tonight at the concert and we did think about seeing each other again afterwards. Should I not text him until then? Or should I text him later and ask if he still wants to hang?

Well perhaps this is stupid but I ended up going to the party with my roommates around 1:00 am because they were all going. Then he found me and stayed with me the entire time. We left together and he invited me to eat at his house. Then we ended up in his bed. All we did was make out and then snuggle. I told him I was leaving at 7:00 am and I did.

I probably did something stupid but i don't have any regrets...yet haha. I will see him tonight at the concert and we did think about seeing each other again afterwards. Should I not text him until then? Or should I text him later and ask if he still wants to hang?

Why not let him contact you?

You did everything that just about everyone told you that they wouldn't do so why don't you just keep going on that note, do what you're going to do and figure it out through experience?

You've just set yourself up to be booty. It may not turn out that way but the chances are high that you're going to end up doing most of the pursuing with this one since you've now set the pace for just that.

Good luck, I hope it works out the way you anticipate (whatever that may be).

Archived