Who else hates Valentines Day?

I think I've been single for every Valentine's Day during my lifetime. I'm horrible with dates in general, though, so I tend to forget all about it. ("V-Day, tomorrow. Ugh." "No, that was yesterday." "Oh.") If not for commercials, I'd have no idea.

It annoys me more than anything else. I was terrified of it as a kid, though. I'd pretend to be sick so I wouldn't have to go to school and get valentines.

ME. I HATE VALENTINES DAY.

I wish it would go up it's arse somehow.

Me and my friend are going out tomorrow night though, I think she wants to take her mind off it by having a nice night out. I hope it works! I would have thought hiding in my room might have been better for me but...hey...I'll give it a go.

Last year me and my ex were eating nice food, as we used to do...which fed me up and since he treated me like garbage I have lost that weight and more and have problems with eating even months since the end...so you know thanks **** head.

To be honest, if you're genuinely depressed about being single on valentines day, I can guarantee you that a relationship is not what you need. Valentines day is essentially capitalism and consumerism at their finest. We are tricked by products and ourselves into thinking that this day is important, that this is the day of true love, but it's all a lie spun to sell merchandise. There are 364 other days in the year where you deserve to feel loved. Don't let the one day where love is most likely not to be genuine get you down.

I'm sad that tomorrow is Valentine's day. I hate it when people ask me what Im going to do (I broke up with my boyfriend over a month ago) and they brag about what theyre doing with their gfs/bfs.

But yknow whats the best part about Valentine's day???

THE VALENTINE CHOCOLATE SALES AFTER VALENTINES DAY IS OVER.

I bought myself some fancy chocolate and watched a movie called Kissing Jessica Stein which I liked. I've been seeing someone on/off and when I got home he had sent me a V card so I called him and thanked him. But then we got into talking about us and it took up quite a bit of the time I wanted to have by myself. I stayed up later so I can watch the movie and it was still ok.

OHHHHHH ugh. I remember THAT valentine's day! Almost forgot. My ex bf had got me an engagement ring in Oct. Had it sized in Nov. and got the phone call that it was 'in' on Dec. 24. I was with him and was so excited. He then acted like he wasn't going to pic it up!! WHAT? I showed my whole family my ring...even tho he hadn't officially proposed. I just wore it over Christmas. Then put it back in the box. Thought for sure he'd propose on Valentine's day. I hinted. He didn't 'hint' back. Valentines Day....morning...i was crying and having a meltdown in bed. (we lived together) because he was suggesting he wasn't ready to propose....HUH? We had been almost seeing each other for 3 years...and we were in our 50's!

So as Valentine's Day wore on...i was trying to get over it. We went to a restaurant and had a good meal. Suddenly we say someone in the booth ahead of us, and they had a video camera going. I thought they were maybe taking pictures of their baby.I asked the waitress. She said, "no, he's proposing"

Let me tell you....my heart plummeted....again.

Worst Valentine's day of my life. Crap. i almost forgot about it.

He then proposed July 3 as we were on a vacation. Unfortunately he met someone the week before.

Broke up. Got back together. Spent another valentine's day together. We bought each other the same darn card!!! lol

He dumped me for good 6 weeks later.

3 years later...i still txted him Happy vd. He txted me back...thinking of you today also.

Yeah.

Here's how I look at it...

Not celebrating Valentine's day, when you have a valentine, is like not putting the tree up for the kids when it's Christmas or not getting the kids presents and a cake on their birthdays. Sure, you can take the moral high road and decry the holiday as just another commercial excuse to buy things, but at the end of the day, all your kids are going to remember is that you were too cheap to even make an effort to celebrate the holiday.

So take that moral high road at your own expense!! Had I a valentine, today would have been flowers, dinner and a weekend spa, not because it's a commercial holiday but because it's the right thing to do!

Archived