Withdrawal bleed = Not pregnant?

SuperDuper

Hello,

this may be a dumb question but, the girl I'm seeing is on the (combined pill) and this week is her placebo week. She started her withdrawal bleed on Tuesday and we didn't have sex tonight (Thurs) because of it. She said it was a normal flow....

So, am I safe to say that she is not pregnant? I only ask because I've read that spotting MAY occur if you're pregnant (aka implantation bleeding). But if my girlfriend has a regular flow, is she definitely not pregnant?

Thank so much.

If you have any doubt that her pills are not being effective or that she may have ulterior motives and be trying to get pregnant while lying about being on birth control, then double up your methods and use condoms as well as pills. The only sure way to prevent pregnancy is to be very diligent about using birth control, and to double up on methods to prevent it. the fact that you are worried about this means that something has gone awry, either you aren't practicing it diligently, you don't trust that she's diligent, or you are so afraid of the pregnancy potential that you probably shouldn't go without using condoms every time.

• 4 weeks later...
If you have any doubt that her pills are not being effective or that she may have ulterior motives and be trying to get pregnant while lying about being on birth control, then double up your methods and use condoms as well as pills. The only sure way to prevent pregnancy is to be very diligent about using birth control, and to double up on methods to prevent it. the fact that you are worried about this means that something has gone awry, either you aren't practicing it diligently, you don't trust that she's diligent, or you are so afraid of the pregnancy potential that you probably shouldn't go without using condoms every time.

This is what I'm thinking. If you are super worried, I'd wear condoms in addition.

Archived