My boyfriend told me on Christmas Day that he has nothing to give me (i.e. to the relationship) because his son has cancer. I feel empathy and I want to talk to him but I hesitate to call him because often times he doesn't answer my calls and later admits that he didn't want to talk to me. He never calls me. I don't know how he feels about me if he has nothing to give. I will wait and see if he calls me but failing that how long would you wait before you move on? I need to mourn this relationship if it has come to an end and stop believing in false hope if it's over.

My boyfriend told me on Christmas Day that he has nothing to give me (i.e. to the relationship) because his son has cancer. I feel empathy and I want to talk to him but I hesitate to call him because often times he doesn't answer my calls and later admits that he didn't want to talk to me. He never calls me. I don't know how he feels about me if he has nothing to give. I will wait and see if he calls me but failing that how long would you wait before you move on? I need to mourn this relationship if it has come to an end and stop believing in false hope if it's over.

It sounds to me like the relationship is already over and he's made it pretty clear he's no longer interested (imo). He ignores your calls, never calls you and has now told you upfront that he had nothing more to give you. That means it's OVER. I would suggest you stop calling him and move on.

It sounds to me like the relationship is already over and he's made it pretty clear he's no longer interested (imo). He ignores your calls, never calls you and has now told you upfront that he had nothing more to give you. That means it's OVER. I would suggest you stop calling him and move on.

So you wouldn't wait a few days or a week or longer to be sure? I've been thinking of not calling him to see what he does, if anything. And then I'd know for sure. Calling him to ask if it's over, I know, is pointless. Actions speak louder than words.

He's not giving you much. And you want to know how long you should wait till you can catch him at a weak moment when he'll want you back?

What's so bad about you that you have to throw yourself at someone reluctant? When you were young, is this really what you fantasised a relationship would be like?

Stop throwing away your self-esteem and accept his decision, and go find yourself a man who will treat you well.

Archived