Can't stand this summer heat!

I can't stand this summer heat!! It sucks! I can't do anything outside and inside is not so comfortable due to lack of AC. Sleeping during the night is hard and I don't get a good night rest. It is terrible driving with no AC to an interview and my shirt being soaked in sweat. I can't wait till summer is over!

I don't have AC, well I do but I refuse to run it as it costs about 300 a month more on my electric bill so at night when I have a hard time sleeping, I get a bed sheet or towel and wash it in the washing machine but i don't dry it. I use it to cover my body and then I have the fan going so I am able to stay cool when i sleep.

With this heat wave, I consider air con a necessity not a luxury. A few hundred dollars for a small unit is a small price to pay for relief. Besides, a person can get downright sick.

I really thought ahead this time and got TWO units now. In winter when there were deals, I picked up a little beauty. It was pretty predictable after this last winter that it will be a hot n' dry one here.

If the interview is really important, I splurge on a cab. Let someone else do the driving while I prep and air conditioning is a guarantee.

But I agreee......hot hot hot is not what I am made for. I slather on the sunscreen and I'm still tan...I hate tans. I hate burning.

But the lake is awesome and some days are nice! There is always something to b about weather wise, right. ha.

Hope you get some relief soon!!! If all else fails, go grocery shopping and out to air conned places a lot.

Any water parks near you? I have been waiting to go to Splish Splash water park here but my friends are always working on weekends there's the beach but I don't really like going in the water. and my house doesnt really have much a/c except for the bedroom.

But I would rather have this than 3 feet of snow!!!

Oh I feel you. Summers kill me. I get sick, when I stand up I often get dizzy and have only partial vision as the rest blackens. I've lost entire sight and hearing more than once. I have 2 ceiling fans running, two more big ones in the house and an a/c unit and we have been dying still. My house has remained 96 degrees if not more at all times. And boy you can feel it. Living in cold showers. My poor cats have been sick and I finally was able to buy a new second a/c today that my boy's going into install so hopefully it helps.

I'm not a summer or warm weather person at all! I hate it. And this heat wave is killing me. I've been sick so dang much ot's not even funny. I keep wishing for a freak accident of snow.

Wear a T-shirt whilst driving to interviews and then change into your shirt when you get there.

agreed......

agreed with getting AC as well! hang out at the mall or any other air conditioned area when you can. and yes, get a fan, that will help if you don't have AC. even a $20 fan will do the trick.

I am in Illinois too OP (Chicagoland) and it has been utterly brutal here I am lucky to have home AC (knocks on wood) and no power outages (yet...knocks on wood) and car AC (knocks on wood) but today on my way home, in parking-lot-sitting-rush-hour-traffic.....at 102 degrees Air Temp with a Heat Index of 108...my AC went out

I was able to get it fixed (luckily, took hours though) but I was DRENCHED when I got to my ex's car shop! I've had wetter showers! I do feel your pain, most miserable ride ever. Someone posted a great tip to wear a t-shirt to the interview and just change when you get there. . .. but in this heat. . . it will take about 20, 30 minutes once inside in the cool. . . to STOP sweating!

Not having car AC is nearly worse than not having home AC. . . . because normally when you're in the car it's daylight (sun makes it worse) and when you're sitting there is no breeze coming in. Any major urban areas in Illinois definitely have traffic

I'll be SO GLAD when this heat wave is over. Thanks for the thread OP......thanks for letting me vent! o.O

My area was in a blackout last week while I was on vacation. It sucked hardcore and the area was experiencing record high temperatures. My fiance and I ended up evacuating to my parents house. Everyone was packing their bags and moving North... it was like a serious mass Exodus movement for air conditioning. Vacation was a hot mess this year because of the blackout.

Yesterday it was 110 degrees. I don't even live in a desert region and it got THAT hot.

When it's super hot I stay inside and read a book, watch some Netflix and do some DVD workouts or wait until it's 8 pm to do some running outside when the temp is low.

Archived