Please help me i am completely broken hearted

Hi Foz,

It's horrible when they are moving forward and you feel stuck in the same place.

I know exactly how you feel. I am 34 and spent much of my twenties having fun and not wanting to settle even a long term relationship I had from 25 to 31 was quite casual really with no talk of marriage or engagement or children etc. When I met Tom we were both 32 and I felt so blessed to have found him. Neither of us had lived with other people, neither had been married and no children, we seemed to be in the same place wanting the same things...or so I thought.

When I moved in with him it was such a big commitment but within a year it is all over. He is moving on and I am the one who is stuck! It seems the things he thought he wanted are not really what he wants and just like that I am history. The problem is I was so sure of him that I gave up my home to live with him and now I am (temporarily) living with my parents! So I have gone from being 32, confident, free spirited, happy, independent, self-reliant, with a great group of friends and my own home to nearly 35, heart-broken, exhausted, in therapy, afraid of living alone and depressed! Meanwhile he is busy remodelling his home and hanging out with his friends (no girl in the picture yet).

The last of my single friends has just met somebody all the rest are married with children. My Mum gave me the deposit on my new flat last night, she said that she had put the money away for Tom and I because she felt sure that perhaps a proposal was iminent!

I wish you lived closer, believe me we could go out and have fun...still if you are ever in Manchester x

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic