RubyWoo

It's just that I feel if I was different he would have stayed. If you think someone is amazing, smart, fun and hot you wouldn't say "I love you but I'd rather risk losing you than stay", right? Obviously whatever he's got going on (whether it's another girl or the fun single life with his mates) seems more attractive and a better deal than me.

Hi Ruby. So sorry for what you're going through right now.

Just felt like replying as I know how you feel, with regards to your ex. I've felt the same way. As he was leaving me I even pathetically said I felt like if I was thinner, prettier... anything, he'd have stuck around. He told me I was perfect the way I was, was beautiful, couldn't be any better. Didn't make me feel any better because he still left. 7 years & pooft gone.

I still have those rubbishy, if I was any one but me, if I was so good, he'd have stayed moments. But that's just cos my self esteem is shot right now. I am me, me is pretty damn good (not in a big headed way), if he doesn't want to be with me, so be it. I could've been the hottest woman on the planet & I doubt it would've have made any difference. This is about him & there's nothing I can do but let go.

Sorry, not got any words of wisdom or any thing to ease the pain. Just thought it helps to know others are feeling like you are.

Keep posting on here. It helps to get it all out. I used to use this site a lot years ago, just registered again today.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Haa... I just wonder whether these feelings will ever go away. I kept picturing him with another girl and I get sick. I guess you're right, my self esteem is completely destroyed.

He really seems to be absolutely fine and happy without me in his life and NC. It stings.

If you think someone is amazing, smart, fun and hot you wouldn't say "I love you but I'd rather risk losing you than stay", right?

The thing about this is I don't think he thinks he is risking losing you....He ovbiously knows that you're crazy about him, and that he has in his head ''ah sure i'll have my cake now and eat it and when i get bored i'll just land at her house and say I'm sorry take me back and bam I'll have her again just like that''

I cannot, wait I think I have to say this again, CANNOT believe that this * * * * e house has left you when your father has just died, what a fuuicked up piece of crap.... I swear to God, I would say to him, wait no i wouldn't say to him he wouldn't deserve to see me face to face, I'd bloody text him and tell him exactly how I feel about him and what he's done and how insensitive he is about all of this, and I'd tell him he's biggest stupid ass fecker I have ever met to do all this knowing that your father has died, tell him that you thought about everything and you can now say ''well at least I can leave this relationship knowing that I've loved you with all I had and that i really tried'', I came to the conclusion that you are sooooo not worth a single god damn tear, get out of my life, I'm over you''' .......

When me and my b.f broke up my granny died and my granny loved him like, did he come to the wake? No, did he come to the funeral? ehh NO... I felt crushed, it all happened within the same week, I was sitting with my whole family + extended family at the meal after the funeral and there was a seat empty beside me where he should have been.... it's been 3 months and seriously the more I thought about it, the more better i felt, I really REALLY loved him and tried in the relationship, he didn't ..... although now I have more bullcrap to deal with at the mo, I know that i will get tru this too, even know I don't feel it at the moment...

Screw the people that do this to us, we're God damn superstars, the more I hurt about things the more it P isses me off, so now i do anything in my power that when i feel like crap i do something that'll make me feel good again.... oh and just listen to beyonce haha,''what goes around comes back around''

Tonight I'm gonna watch sex and the city because it's fecking fabulous ....

You'll be grand girl, we'll all be grand.... xx

You have to know that this have nothing to do with your attractiveness. Guys don't say they need to find themselves because their gf's aren't as hot anymore. Guys being guys can get unexcited about even the prettiest girl over time. There's an old joke about "Show me the hottest girl in the world, and I'll show you a guy whose tired of ______ing her." Its a curse.

Take care.

I guess so, but I know he has probably found someone else he is more attracted to sexually. Sex was always amazing but lately he didn't seem that into me, I'd buy a new dress or do myself up and I never got a compliment or a "god you're hot!" My self esteem is pretty much gone after this.

Voodooo, I guess you're right... but surely he must see that I haven't tried to contact him even once? Doesn't that bother him at all?

He really seems to be absolutely fine and happy without me in his life and NC. It stings.

Mine seems fine too, going out, drinking etc, but who knows what they're feeling inside. From the outside is one thing, you can project you're having a fab time when in fact you might be falling to pieces inside. I know my ex will just put on a happy, 'I'm OK' front for his mates even if he's miserable as hell because that's just him.

After being with someone for years you can't just exit the relationship & just be fine, well, not IMO...

... but surely he must see that I haven't tried to contact him even once? Doesn't that bother him at all?

Have you had any contact from him?

He wrote "Why can't I get you out of my head? All this rain reminds me of those rainy days in our first flat"

I thought about saying something like "I miss those rainy days too" which expresses how good our relationship was but doesn't come accross as needy and begging?

Did he stop texting or did you? It's just so hard to know whether to reply or not... Speaking of which, I just got a text an hour ago. 3 AM.

He stopped.

After a week of nothing, thought I'd send a casual text tonight. Did I get a reply? Course I didn't. I'd have more luck winning the lottery.

Have you heard from yours since?

I guess that's a way of saying I'm here to talk but not sounding desperate. I'm scared about speaking with him on the phone though, it's going to make me miss him more and in the end he'll just hang up and continue doing his own thing and flirting with all his new female friends.

I just saw on his Facebook one of them asked "Have you found the flat yet? x"

So I guess he was still living with the mate whose flat he went to while he was going to find something else. That FB post has pissed me off though, she knows he doesnt really use FB so it's like she posted it for me to see. I do NOT like that girl at all (2 weeks into her "friendship" with my ex she started explaining how her man didn't satisfy her sexually) REALLY?

Haven't texted back yet. I'm mad right now.

Archived