Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life as a Mommy

tinkerbellkj

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

I haven't updated this in forever, seems the death of my laptop became the death of my journal. Maybe this tap talk app will help me stay updated, maybe ;-).

Anyway, my babies are both now toddlers, though according to Mark he is a big boy and Payton is still a baby. Payton doesn't seem to mind it though and calls herself a baby especially when breaking the rules LOL. For example the other when she climbed on the table and when she was told to get down she started to dance and said, "oh baby dance!" They both certainly keep my days busy!

Mark is now 2.5, goes to school 1 day a week for 4 hours and is partly potty trained! He recently moved from crib to a bed which has definitely been a transition. He is a funny and sweet little boy who is maturing every day from 'baby' to 'big boy'.

Payton is now 1.5 and is full of sass! She is funny, smart as a whip and ever so dramatic (think tantrums on the floor with a hand over her forehead). She is very, very verbally advanced and speaks more like a 2 year old and is a little monkey climbing on everything and anything available!

I have started a little business selling hair bows, tutus, and dresses/outfits (finally learned how to sew!) and have my products out in a local boutique so I'm really excited about that! I'm working on getting the online storefront open within the next few weeks.

Celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in October and things are going really well. We think we are probably done with having any more babies which is bittersweet, but you never know.

I do stalk y'all journals from time to time to see what you've been up to, I'm sorry I haven't updated this in far too long it's just been a whirlwind! Here are some recent pictures of my littles.image removedimage removedimage removed

Sent from my iPad using link removed

Thanks, Vic!! I hope that you are doing well!

OG I ask myself the same thing all the time, she is SO still a little newborn baby in my eyes and she so knows it. Congrats on L's move btw, so happy for you guys!!

Thanks!

And it really doesn't feel like three years since you got married! I remember when all of us were planning our weddings... Feels like another lifetime sometimes!

Trying so hard to keep up with this! I finally last night launched my little business online (etsy and Facebook) and I'm so overwhelmed. I really love to sew and design and I'm really hoping to make a small income off of it so I can continue to do it! Payton only needs so many dresses and isn't a fan of bows, though I do try LOL!

It's been gloomy here so we've been kind of cooped up and since Mark won't nap anymore I have moments where I want to pull my hair out ha. Payton man that girl is all sass, at Hobby LObby (where we are far too regular customers) someone hi to her and touched her arm and she said "no, I no like that!" Thank goodness it was an older person who didn't understand her, LOL. I was half completely embarrassed and half dying laughing. What can I say, the girl knows what she likes!

She got her first hair cut on Sat at Disney world and did great, I was really waiting for her to hit someone with a brush Lol. Some pictures are attached!image removedimage removedimage removed

• 4 months later...

Worst journal writer ever! I think about this all the time but rarely find the time to write and when I do I've already forgotten about it ;-)

Well, to start my babies are no longer BABIES anymore. Mark is 3 and Payton is 2, can you believe it? Because I certainly can't. Mark just finished his first year of preschool (only once a week for 4 hours, but still preschool, nonetheless!) and sleeps in a big boy bunk bed and is completely potty trained. He is a sweet, energetic little boy who just keeps amazing me every day.

Payton is now 2 and full of sweet sass. She definitely thinks she's older and is developmentally advanced (far more than Mark was at her age) knows ALL her colors, numbers, shapes (even the difference between a hexagon and an octagon, I SWEAR!) and can say her ABC's. She is Miss. Independent and can hold her own with the big kids. She can get out of her crib like its nothing, so next week she will be going into a big girl bed, which I am totally dreading.

My business has been booming and I have been surprisingly successful in sewing kids clothing, I've had over 100 sales online since Feb 1 and then I've also been (well, am currently in one) in 2 retail stores and have a few more opportunities out there. It's a lot of work, but I really do enjoy it.

Other than that hubby is good, loves his job, we moved into a bigger, nicer house in March (so over moving, though) and are really happy. Well, here are my "babies", because I can't NOT share them ;-) and little miss is wearing a mommy made outfit in both pics!

• 4 months later...

It's been 4 months since my last update, I am soo bad at this!! My littles are currently at preschool and I should be sewing or cleaning or something but I'm not lol. They both go to a little church school 4 hours on Monday and Tuesday, they are really thriving and enjoy it a lot.

My little Mark is such a big boy now very sensitive and mature, my heart swells with pride for that boy. Payton lol is as crazy as ever! She is so quirky and funny, I never know what she's going to do next. Kind of like Halloween I spent hours and hours designing and sewing her a Little Red Riding hood costume and she told me last night she will not wear it and she would like to be... Wait for it... Mr potato head instead! A "gurl mr potato head" more specifically lol!

Going to see Gone Girl tonight, loved the book though it's been a while since I read it. Then tomorrow is my 4th wedding anniversary, man time flies! We aren't doing anything though, but we are taking the kiddos to Disney on Saturday and having dinner in belles castle, I hope they like it!

I'm still at home with my kids running my little sewing business which is doing well hit 1,150 "likes" on facebook last night whoop whoop lol the little things! I also took a job as a recruiter for a marketing company and my orientation is tomorrow night. My home office is in Tampa but it's a complete work from home job and you make your own schedule and hours which is great. My friend has been doing this for a while because she's got 2 small kids and likes it, so it will be nice to have some more income. I.m just worried about balancing it all, but I'm sure I'll make it work somehow lol.

Archived