Ex put a gun to his head

I had an ex threaten to commit suicide if I didn't take him back. I made arrangements to see him and then drove him straight to a counselor, even paid for it, then went NC.

Your ex sounds like a master of manipulation. Guynextdoor is right. Cut this guy out of your life. His mistakes aren't your problem.

And next time please call the police. He doesn't sound emotionally stable at ALL that can threaten your life. I just wouldn't take any chances.

This too. Let's say for a moment that he's serious...calling the police may save him. Let's say that he's not...calling the cops will show that you arent willing to play his game.

And as Sideshop says, he could very well be a risk to you.

[...] Let's say for a moment that he's serious...calling the police may save him. Let's say that he's not...calling the cops will show that you arent willing to play his game. [...]

Yep, you've got zero to lose and everything to gain by phoning the police. He'll be taught by people trained to handle him that his threats--and his gun--are too serious to use.

Because he says "life isn't worth living without me." But I wasn't the one who slept with 3 other chicks...so now what? I suggested him getting help, but I had to promise to give him another chance.

I imagine I'd promise anything if someone had a gun making threats. If he would shoot himself, why do you think he wouldn't shoot someone else? He doesn't value life, his nor yours. Report this to the police. Tell them you feared for your life and had to promise to see him again. They understand that sort of thing.

Archived