Women...men in their 40's, never engaged, married, no kids, etc.

shygal2008

I am in my 40's and never married and I don't have a fear of commitment. It's just hard to meet people after a certain age, I don't judge them for never having found what they are looking for. As long as they don't want kids - that ship has sailed for me, lol!

thats nice to hear because I am a over 40 male who has never married etc.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No worries Jonny ... it's a good question/response. I think that's the number one reason a woman would worry about being with a guy with no experience if she is interested in marriage

That's true. But most men aren't gonna be looking for marriage for their first relashionship.

I'm sure not.

It's even worse if you don't want a single mom.

I myself would want someone without a kids, but as it I get older, that is harder, but I still want ti that way.

Call me selfish, but I don't want to be fighting for time with the person i'm with over their kid. Which means I won't be #1 to them at all.

That's true. But most men aren't gonna be looking for marriage for their first relashionship.

I'm sure not.

It's even worse if you don't want a single mom.

I myself would want someone without a kids, but as it I get older, that is harder, but I still want ti that way.

Call me selfish, but I don't want to be fighting for time with the person i'm with over their kid. Which means I won't be #1 to them at all.

A man in his 40s with no prior relationship experience is not one of "most men." In fact, he's the opposite. Therefore, your observation does not apply. I bet, depending on his reason for remaining solo, a man in this situation would actually be quite interested in marriage.

A man in his 40s with no prior relationship experience is not one of "most men." In fact, he's the opposite. Therefore, your observation does not apply.

No, it does apply.

I bet, depending on his reason for remaining solo, a man in this situation would actually be quite interested in marriage.

If he's a religious fanatic, then yes, he would probably be totally into being married to the first one. But most wouldn't.

I'm 11 years away from 40, but I doubt i'd want marriage with the first one at 45, just like i'm not looking for it at 29.

If a man has never had a relashionship by that age, he's probably not in that situation because he's looking for the one. He's most likely in it because there isn't a single "one" that has been interested in him.

Infact, it's probably a bad idea for a guy in that situation to be looking for marriage right off the bat with the first women that likes him, because he probably won't be thinking right since he isn't use to the dating thing and might put himself in a bad situation due to desperation.

Very interesting. I connect with a lot of peeps on this thread, though I am little unique. I am 36, single, never married, longest and only real relationship for me was not even 6 months in college. I have had other priorities & struggles (health concerns & business) in my life than being in a relationship. I have had few girlfriends and a few opportunities to date and go further, though dating for me just has just not been a priority. Now that I am older, more mature and happy with my health & my business, I am ready to start dating. I feel able to move my full time focus over to a long term relationship.

I admit & know it is going to be very tough for me to ever find someone at my age I can really connect with. Sadly, with my expectations, most women will be eliminated right off the bat as I don't live the normal 9-5 M-F lifestyle and also don't want anyone with kids. The plan in the works is essentially do what Bataya did by moving to a big city(which I want to do anyways for my business) where the sea will be bigger.

I hope what makes me attractive is that I will be very upfront about my past (which is not perfect in any fashion). I am a very open and honest person, probably too open for most women, though that is fine as it will be easy to find out quickly!! I want a women who is willing to put up with whatever growing pains there may be due to my minimal LTR experience. If they are not, so be it. Just let me know right up front so we don't waste any precious time we have left in this world.

There might not be any growing pains...in fact, don't be surprised if you are much better at the relationship thing than women with tons of experience. Having relationship experience doesn't necessarily mean the person is relationship savvy. Many people in relationships are real duds and just repeat their relationship-destructive behaviours in each successive relationship.

It depends on the guy, but I'd rather not date anyone with kids. Don't care if they've every been married or not.

It wouldn't be fair for me to dismiss them because I don't have kids, have only lived with someone briefly, never been married or engaged (not for lack of trying on my ex's part, however).

It depends. The last guy I dated was 39 when we met - JUST moved out of his parents house. We broke up when he turned 41. I did see it as a red flag - but mainly because two women walked out on him after an inability to commit. No kids, never married, 41, just moved out of moms house, and can't handle a single thought on his own without her input. SO. I would say - yes it would be a red flag for me, BUT. I would enter with caution until I had time to further investigate and determine whether or not this is a true red flag.

Archived