Another straw on the "To Formula of Not" debate...

Lonewing

I have always wondered what the problem is with people seeing breasts. When I lived in another country, women breastfed in public and no one cared if they could see their breasts. A breastfeeding mother just wasn't a sexual thing to people.

Same here. Seeing a mom breastfeed her child is not sexual to me AT ALL.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lostnscared you are right, but when breast feeding gets banned in public because the physcos who are agaqunst it have the ammunition that women don't cover up, there really is no one else to blame. A covered women has a f8ghting right, an uncovered woman has no leg to stand on. The.xovered mother can say she took the precautions, what can the uncovered mother say?

Nothing.

Hey, that's the law. If you feel the need to expose yourself in public then perhaps going somewhere else is a good choice for you.

Like I said before, it's all about respecting others. Sad we need laws so that people aren't dropping their pants everywhere but hey, it is what it is.

I believe it was said that people ought to just "look away" when it bugs them.

Once I remind her of the law, trust me, she'll cover them up. If she won't stop out of courtesy, she'll do it out of necessity because of the law.

If she reacts with "I'M BEING PROSECUTED *cry*" then I'll know she's an attention seeker.

Yeah it's not the act of breastfeeding that bothers so much, but the fact that there are exposed breasts.

My little brother finds breasts (even young, "perky" ones) to be gross and he thinks that they should all be covered up. I don't know why he feels this way but he just does. Considering that breasts are considered a private part, I thought that he would not have to exposed to them in the general public. Apparently not.

He's 18 by the way.

Just because I'm a woman does not mean that I have to support what other women do if I feel that it's disrespectful to others.

No one is talking to anyone on here, only saying in general people need to be respectful and considerate of others by covering up. I rarely have seen a direct comment to another ena poster. Common courtesy would be to cover up, if only just some people don't like it. It's not like they have to change their lifestyle or something dramatic, it's a tiny blanket that a woman can drape accross her chest. Can it get any more simple?

People have said to "look away" if we don't like it, which is what she is referring to. But really, no one should have to look away. There is no reason why a woman can not cover herself up. It would be considerate of her to cover herself since not everyone wants to see her breasts. It is the respectful thing to do.

I was always raised to respect others and be considerate. And if more people would do that, there would be less problems..

Archived