So around last night at 8:00 I started to get horrible pains on my left side. Debilitating, even. Now, I had already had two internal ultrasounds and saw my baby and hb, so I knew it was not etopic. Of course this happened the only night that my fiance happens to have a night class after work.

I figured it would go away and took Tylenol and got into a bath. The pain got worse and worse and I called my fiance who had just happened to be out of class early and was on his way home. I began to vomit all over the place (TMI) because the pain was so bad. When he got there and found me he called 911. The ambulance came and took me and I was still in extreme pain and vomiting continued on the way to the hospital.

They took me to the 'baby hospital' and I was immediately seen. Dr. asked if my pregnancy had been confirmed by ultrasound and I said that it had. Dr. immediately gave me an external ultrasound and located the heartbeat. He took one look at me and said "you have a kidney stone". I have never had that before.

They sent me to internal ultrasound and they found my baby, who had seriously grown in 4 days! The baby was now floating freely and the hb had gone from 117 to 144 in just 4.5 days. No problems with the bean.

They gave me the renial (sp) ultrasound and sure enough there was a stone in my kidney. They gave me a shot, some pain medication and a sifter to pee in (TMI!) and I've already begun passing it. I still feel yucky, but like a 100% better than yesterday. It was very scary, but it's good to know that not every pain is on account of the baby, and that the baby was not even affected by this pain! The doctor said this can happen in pregnant women, though sometimes it is unknown why.

So that was my wonderful evening last night!

Im so sorry you had to go threw this, how scarey it must have been. Happy to hear the baby is doing fine, and yes they grow so fast, before you know it your going to have a little person under your feet calling you mommy.

Plus what woman do you know that doesnt have a pregnancy story, thats another thing you will have to talk about. For some reason us woman like to compare pregnancies experiences.

Eek, sorry to hear about this. My father has had quite a few kidney stones, and he says the pain is TERRIBLE (and this is coming from a very stoic man). I'm so glad to hear that the baby is doing well though! The plus side of all of this is that you've already gotten to see your baby three times, and you're only just under 7 weeks (I think)!

I hope you recover and start to feel better soon.

Thanks ladies. It was definitely scary. The doctor said that there's not reason to think I'll get another one, but if I do, not to be shocked either. It is HORRIBLE pain, omg! I'm still in a little bit, but no where near as much as I was!

It was amazing though, the doctor knew immediately that it was a kidney stone, just by looking at me. They were decent sized stones because I actually saw them on the scan. It was very comforting because it is the hospital I will be delivering in, and they were extremely helpful and efficient.

I am so relieved that there is nothing wrong with the little bean, and it was a plus to be able to see him again and my god, in 4 days the little bean sure had grown!! I was dying in pain on the ultrasound table and all I kept asking was "where's my baby? what's their heart rate?!?" That's how I know I am already a mom!

I'm drinking lots of water and trying to pass this thing quickly!

I know, right? Like I had noooo clue something like that could/would happen! It was very strange, because even when the pain was so awful I did not think I was miscarrying. I didn't know what the problem was, but I didn't think that was it.

Had I not seen the baby I would have thought it was etopic, because of the pain and vomiting. But, I knew that was not possible, so I had no clue what the problem was!

Archived