For ENA brides and brides to be!!

Going to look at wedding dresses tomorrow!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Can't buy yet of course but I'm just so excited to get started on something, anything!! So I figured this one will be fun to start with.

Asked my mom to go, which I was unsure about at first b/c of my issues with her, but I knew it'd mean a lot to her to go so I asked. My best friend from kindegarten is going to come as well, so I'll have a good friend there too.

I can't wait!!

Tinkerbell, your FI sounds so cute and sweet!! You make his excitement come out in your posts!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to look at wedding dresses tomorrow!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Can't buy yet of course but I'm just so excited to get started on something, anything!! So I figured this one will be fun to start with.

Asked my mom to go, which I was unsure about at first b/c of my issues with her, but I knew it'd mean a lot to her to go so I asked. My best friend from kindegarten is going to come as well, so I'll have a good friend there too.

I can't wait!!

Tinkerbell, your FI sounds so cute and sweet!! You make his excitement come out in your posts!

I'm so excited for you!!! Are you going to David's Bridal? Or other places? Ooooooooh! Send me pics so I can pretend to be there!

PS-which dresses did he like?

Sigh, Jenn, he hasn't looked at the dresses!! He said he just doesn't want tea-length on me and he wants most of my tattoos covered (aye yai yai!) but otherwise he wants me to pick what I want.

I will for sure text you pics! I'll be there about 11am tomorrow!

Tinkerbell, this is my ideal dress, but Jared is not too happy with tea length:

link removed

I can understand why he may not want it b/c I have calf and feet tattoos, and I also have the front of my shoulders by my arms/on chest/whatever done. I need to cover what I can.

Sigh, Jenn, he hasn't looked at the dresses!! He said he just doesn't want tea-length on me and he wants most of my tattoos covered (aye yai yai!) but otherwise he wants me to pick what I want.

I will for sure text you pics! I'll be there about 11am tomorrow!

Tinkerbell, this is my ideal dress, but Jared is not too happy with tea length:

link removed

I can understand why he may not want it b/c I have calf and feet tattoos, and I also have the front of my shoulders by my arms/on chest/whatever done. I need to cover what I can.

Ohhh, blahhhhh. haha

It's going to be tough to cover them but they're YOU... I don't know... I really loved that one dark ivory (or whatever color that was) one...

Gorgeous dress! I can see how he wouldn't like the tea length though as much as full length. But wow love the lace! Here's a pic of mine.. I cannot WAIT til she comes in!! link removed

really pretty dress. i think tea length is great, what my dress is.. i wanted somethin non traditional.

does anyone have a theknot page? still working on my wedding website. i wish we could post count down siggies on ENA.

link removed

I think that is adorable! Didn't you say you were doing a brunch wedding? Because that's really the perfect dress for a brunch wedding, imo!

i think so too! it's perfect!! It's too pricey for me but I love it so much...I want to try to find a cheaper one like it.

I think he doesn't like tea-length b/c it's not "wedding-y" to him. I think he wants me to look a little more formal.

i think so too! it's perfect!! It's too pricey for me but I love it so much...I want to try to find a cheaper one like it.

I think he doesn't like tea-length b/c it's not "wedding-y" to him. I think he wants me to look a little more formal.

Look on eBay... Lacey got a $2500 dress for $250, no exaggeration.

i'm weary of buying ones from offline though...i want to be able to try it on...

wouldnt recommend buying online either, might not like what you see once you get it. best to try them on 1st. i seen my dress online but was able to try it at the bridal salon once they had it in stock.

My dress is Essence of Australia. LOVE it. It's actually the only dress that I actually liked at all!

I'm trying to decide if I want to wear a veil. Before I was thinking yes. No I'm leaning toward no. Seeing pictures of some friends' weddings, I don't know, it seems like the veil kind of hides the brides face. Yeah, imagine that But really, even when it's just on their hair, it seems like it takes away from the brides face.

i dont want a veil. i just want some cute flowers in my hair (yes, I said it...not something gawdy like a bouquet...just somehthing decorative).

alli, post a pic of your dress!

I would but I have difficulty posting pics from my computer. Whenever I try to attach it to the post the attachment fails. I guess the file size is too big. Kind of ridiculous that the maximum file size you can attach is way smaller than the size of any picture I have!

I did try on dresses today!! Fell in love with 2 of them, to the point of tears on one of them. But it's $700! That's like a quarter of what I want to pay for the whole wedding too so I can't do that. I'm gonna have to say goodbye to that dress, sadly. The other one is $400 (the one I posted a link to recently) and I love it but it's still too expensive. I went to dillards and tried on a a couple white prom dresses and likes them. Gonna take a friedn with me tomorrow to look at those, as I was by myself by then and didn't have anyone but the dillards lady giving me her opinion.

I did try on dresses today!! Fell in love with 2 of them, to the point of tears on one of them. But it's $700! That's like a quarter of what I want to pay for the whole wedding too so I can't do that. I'm gonna have to say goodbye to that dress, sadly. The other one is $400 (the one I posted a link to recently) and I love it but it's still too expensive. I went to dillards and tried on a a couple white prom dresses and likes them. Gonna take a friedn with me tomorrow to look at those, as I was by myself by then and didn't have anyone but the dillards lady giving me her opinion.

Dresses are so expensive!! I wanted to go frugal in the beginning but it definitely didn't work out that way! I ended up apending $600 on my dress & like $150 in alterations. Raked over the coals on that one. You could look at destination dresses. They are less "poofy" because the idea is you'd be on a beach or something. They look nice & are way cheaper, probably in the $200 range. You can try one of David's Bridal $100 dress sale or whatever it is, but usually there's only a few dresses at that price so you're hard pressed to actually get that deal, I've heard.

Jared just asked if we could change the colors from orange and brown to orange and a light blue. i literally gasped....it's starting.

Orange and light blue? eww? I can't imagine that going well together! I changed our wedding colors like 3 times before finally sticking with blue & yellow. Pretty happy with that decision I think. Fiance is pretty uninvolved in the decision-making. He doesn't care about the colors, he's actually had to ask me because he forgets what colors we are having! Lol.

well like a brighter orange and lighter blue, like this:

image removed

i'm not a fan of it at all...i'd go for maybe orange and like a light purple (and then i could use lilacs!) but i'm not sure about all of that.

something like this?

image removed

i don't ahve an eye for that stuff at all, so i put my sister in charge of it. she has a great eye for colors...all the shades look the same to me. so she's gonna work on that for me so we can "finalize"

Archived