For ENA brides and brides to be!!

I bought my first bride magazine today and I was like dancing up to the counter, haha! I'm thinking of having both of my parents walk me down, but I don't know for sure.

We're going back and forth about whether or not to get married in the church or not, I am leaning more towards no, because I would love to walk down the aisle to George Strait "What do you Say to that" because he loves it and sings it to me in the car and not have him know until I walk down, but I definitely would not be able to do that in the Church.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought my first bride magazine today and I was like dancing up to the counter, haha!

i have yet to buy any bridal magazines but im definitely hitting up the bridal expo coming to town in july, cant wait i tune it to just about anything wedding related nowadays, expecially the reality shows, say yes to the dress is one of my faves.. so is four weddings!

I am obsessed with all wedding shows, esp. Say Yes to the Dress! That is my absolute favorite show! I have seriously considered flying out to NY just to go to Klienfields!

haha i did too! noticed alot of out -of -state brides flew in to dress shop at klienfelds. but i ended up finding my dress so im content. have u looked into gowns yet?

OMG Say Yes to the Dress is the best show.. and so is Four Weddings!! Where four brides attend each other's weddings and then judge them! I LOVE that show and you can always get original ideas from it!

My Dad is walking me down the aisle. I'm lucky, my parents are paying for my wedding, I just have to pay for limo and dresses and makeup and invitations and things. I am thinking of actually getting my mom AND my dad to walk with me, but I don't think my mom would be into it. Unfortunately I have to get married at a church because of my fiance being greek. If I had my way, I would totally go destination wedding or elope to Vegas and skip the entire planning process of a 175 person wedding. But, alas I cannot, gotta make some sacrifices to marry the man of my dreams!

A little bit, and since I cannot afford Pnina Torni, I really like Maggie Sottero! Since this is still a secret from my family (because we are waiting until the 10th when we fly to see them) I haven't made any big plans, but once we tell them, I'll be trying on dresses!

I've been waiting my whole life for this!

Maggies are gorgeous! I ended up with an Anjolique gown, but my runner up was a Maggie. But if I could afford it, I would SO go with Pnina Torni. Holy cow the most gorgeous gowns ever! Have you been to the Maggie web site? Alot of the gowns also have pictures of real brides wearing them which is really cool, you can get more of an idea of how it will look on a real girl instead of a model!

Many of the Catholic church won't let you choose your own music. Well, let me re phrase that, they give you the traditional choices, and you can pick one from there. This has been what other brides have told me that have been married in the Catholic church, but I might be wrong, I hope that I am.

I am so glad to see this thread taking off with people other than me! makes me even more excited!

My manager at work told me tonight that he and his wife got married at this place down the street from where Jared and I just moved. He said they paid $25 to use the outside area of a banquet hall, no extra charges, and the $25 goes to the charity of your choice. Sounds too good to be true so I'm gonna get full details when I can from him...he told me in haste tonight. But I know where he's talking about. It's very pretty with a gazebo and nice green grass, whihc is what I want (a garden type of wedding). So excited to get full details on it and check it out!

I am so glad to see this thread taking off with people other than me! makes me even more excited!

My manager at work told me tonight that he and his wife got married at this place down the street from where Jared and I just moved. He said they paid $25 to use the outside area of a banquet hall, no extra charges, and the $25 goes to the charity of your choice. Sounds too good to be true so I'm gonna get full details when I can from him...he told me in haste tonight. But I know where he's talking about. It's very pretty with a gazebo and nice green grass, whihc is what I want (a garden type of wedding). So excited to get full details on it and check it out!

That sounds great!!!!

Okay, and I know you're not big on flowers but if you're going for a garden-esque theme... and the gazebo area doesn't have many... you could always go to a greenhouse and get a couple of hanging baskets (I've seen a few with really pretty orange osteospermum in them!) for some extra color.

image removed

Since some people brought up songs, let's hear what songs you want to do! First dance, mother/son, father/daughter, bridal party dance, bride entrance, vows, etc...

I'm not having a mother/son/father/daughter dance. Neither one of us is too crazy about our parents (with the exception of my fiance's relationship wtih his dad) and we'd rather save ourselves the annoyance. I want our first dance to be something by Barry White. That's a definite. And I will for sure be dancing to a RENT song with my old roommate (we'll probably choreograph that one). And I will walk down the aisle to the first 40 seconds of "Seasons of Love" from the RENT movie soundtrack (b/c the play soundtrack doesn't have the 40-second song intro).

What are you guys using?

the bride entrance music will be pretty traditional , nixing the father/daughter dance. me and my fiancee are really bad dancers so im kindof dreading this part of the wedding lol.

i brought up going to a dance class or two so we can atleast do a first dance together so we wont look like total idiots on the floor. the 1st dance song is sade- by your side

Jenn, sent you an email.

Also, LOVE those flowers. I like bright and non-mainstream like that.

I thought you might. You tend to like the daisy-style flowers like I do.

I responded I looooove the vintage-y ones!!!

Wow you commented on all of them! That was a list I sent to Jared (you were bccd for ease) b/c he wabts to have a say in my dress and wants to see what styles I like most. But I figured I'd send it to you too!!

Wow you commented on all of them! That was a list I sent to Jared (you were bccd for ease) b/c he wabts to have a say in my dress and wants to see what styles I like most. But I figured I'd send it to you too!!

Yes, I was excited looking at all of them! Which are your favorites?

I don't have the numbers in front of me...on my phone now. I like ones with little sleeve covers. The first one is my ideal one!

I REALLY did like the first one!!! It was one of my favorites! I think it would look really good on you, fit your body type well.

As I said before I reallly want to walk down to George Strait, but if not, it'll probably be Canon D or something, my dad I'd like to do "I loved her First" by Heartland, and as for us my pick is Brad Paisley "Then" (as you can see I love country haha) but I think he'd rather something from Frank Sinatra, but we may be able to compromise on something by Michael Buble, such as "Everything" which is a little more upbeat, which might be kind of fun... we def need to take lessons, though!

I was in the mall tonight to get my sister a bday gift and I walked by a bridal shop and the lady was so sweet and let me try on a cathedral length veil on and I almost cried, oh god I can't even image trying on dresses, I'm going to be a mess! Hahah!

Aww, that's so cute!!! I can't wait till I get engaged *sigh*

I'm definitely excited, but I'll be more excited when we can tell my family! They still don't know because my fiance could not wait to propose so he did it early! But him and my dad planned a special night in Boston, so we don't want to ruin it for him, because apparently he's very excited. So, it's hard, but it's still fun because I still don't know what this 'special night' entails, so I get two proposals! I just can't wait to see the look on my mom's face!

Archived