For ENA brides and brides to be!!

I really love Arwen's thread "For ENA moms and moms to be" and how everyone on there can go to each other for support and questions and basic pregnancy and parenting and baby stuff. Just reading the support on that thread makes me happy to be a part of this site, even if I've never contributed to that thread.

So in that tradition, I'm starting a thread for ENA brides and brides to be. Feel free to post here for all wedding related things or marriage related things, or anything you need to regarding your big day and what follows it

I'm newly engaged (just got engaged yesterday!) and I'm so incredibly happy. I just can't stand it (in a good way haha). I'm giddy.

So my first question about my engagement...

what the H is he now? A fiance or fiancee? What's the right word for me to write about him???

Ok that's all for now!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are colors still up in the air, depending on season? Fall orange and spring..?

I think I really want to stick with orange, brown, and white. I think those woudl work for spring and fall both, depending on if we go with March 2011 or October 2011.

I think I really want to stick with orange, brown, and white. I think those woudl work for spring and fall both, depending on if we go with March 2011 or October 2011.

I call brown dress! Orange looks hideous on me.

Opps, just missed it! We are thinking between Sept and November 2011 as well, I love fall weddings!

i do too. those are the prettiest for me. i woudl love this october (b/c next one is too far!) b/c that'd be our first anniversary but it's just not doable!

i do too. those are the prettiest for me. i woudl love this october (b/c next one is too far!) b/c that'd be our first anniversary but it's just not doable!

Yeah, trust me... you need at LEAST a year to plan... There are SO many tiny little details.

Jenn, let us get a budget together first, set a date, pick out where. After that, I'll start working on the details. I want to do as much stuff as myself as possible, especially with food. I know it could get overwhelming, but I think it's manageable, especially b/c I know a lot of people who will help. I don't want a caterer if I can help it.

Jenn, let us get a budget together first, set a date, pick out where. After that, I'll start working on the details. I want to do as much stuff as myself as possible, especially with food. I know it could get overwhelming, but I think it's manageable, especially b/c I know a lot of people who will help. I don't want a caterer if I can help it.

Yeah, definitely. You know I'll cook everything for you!!! Except cake, I can't make wedding cakes. Apps, main courses, sides.. I can do all that though.

Granted it wasn't upscale or anything but we planned my best friend's wedding in a month (yay.. it's doable but I don't advise it for anyone lol).

Are you going to have a theme Hers?

Not really. I just know I want those colors. Jared and I have made a promise to each other that any details we pick out or want, we run them by each other before we decide on something. even my dress...he wont see it but he does want a say in what I wear b/c I'm going to have a say in what he wears (tux or no tux, for example). like he wants to get an idea of what I like and he'll tell me what he woudl like to see me in best, if that makes sense. he doesn't want all of my tattoos showing, that's the one thing he cares about. i'm fine with that, but that'll take some careful manuevering!

I think that's the way it should be. Civilservant (bless his heart) is from the school of the groom just shows up and says I do, everything else is about the bride lol. And while I love that in him (and will use it to it's full potential like you said, some things like the dress and the grooms tux def has to have a run by each other because at the end of the day, it is the groom's day too.

love the idea of this thread you dont really need a year to plan a wedding, depending on the size you are trying to have, if youre looking to have a grandiose big budget style wedding then i could see a year of planning for that.

we're having a small intimate wedding with under 20 ppl attending Jan 2011. so far most of the details have been planned. seven months to go! getting a little anxious.

love the idea of this thread you dont really need a year to plan a wedding, depending on the size you are trying to have, if youre looking to have a grandiose big budget style wedding then i could see a year of planning for that.

we're having a small intimate wedding with under 20 ppl attending Jan 2011. so far most of the details have been planned. seven months to go! getting a little anxious.

i want to hear details!!

Archived