For ENA brides and brides to be!!

Have you guys tried David's Bridal for your dresses?

I found one that will be my wedding dress one day (saw it, fell in love with it) and it's only $100. They have some AWESOME sales.

Hobby Lobby is another great store for little wedding stuff. I'm not sure if it's just in SC. My best friend got the flowers for her throwing bouquet (she didn't want to throw the one she walked down the asile with) so she used fake flowers and it looked gorgeous. And the best thing about it is it will never die.

Hers---you date is the day after my birthday! Congrats on picking a date!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you guys tried David's Bridal for your dresses?

I found one that will be my wedding dress one day (saw it, fell in love with it) and it's only $100. They have some AWESOME sales.

Hobby Lobby is another great store for little wedding stuff. I'm not sure if it's just in SC. My best friend got the flowers for her throwing bouquet (she didn't want to throw the one she walked down the asile with) so she used fake flowers and it looked gorgeous. And the best thing about it is it will never die.

Hers---you date is the day after my birthday! Congrats on picking a date!

Yeah Hobby Lobby is great. Sign up for email newsletters and get 30% off coupons. I use them constantly!!!!

Yeah Hobby Lobby is great. Sign up for email newsletters and get 30% off coupons. I use them constantly!!!!

Oh I know, I LOVE that store, lol.

They also have the 40% coupon in the Sunday newspaper (here at least they do) and always an ad for whats on sale that week. I scrapbook so Hobby Lobby is my home. I can never walk in there just for scrapbooking, I always end up buying something else as well!

I went to davids bridal yesterday. The dresses I wanted were $700 and $450 (those were the sale prices!). I have to wait a while to get mine I can't afford that. Need to look for something cheaper.

Have you tried looking on there online store? They sometimes carry stuff that can be sent to the store that isn't in the store, or you could order it online in enough time to try it on and have alterations done.

Definitely don't overlook the smaller bridal shops in your area. When I got my dress I looked online, fell in love with a few, checked the bridal shops close to me and even a few vintage clothing places as I've always loved the vintage stuff. Then on a trip to see my best friend about an hour to an hour and a half away, I just happened to notice a bridal shop there and I popped in to take a look. I found my dress right there, on the rack. Tried it on and knew it was the one. It was regularly $1149.00 and I got it for $449.00. I just thought that the smaller bridal shops would be pricier, boy was I wrong!

I think vintage is more my style. Old lacey antique tablecloth look. I love it.

OT: I just saw a poster called "optimisticgal" and she posted about her boyfriend being best friends with his ex...and I got a little nervous. Damn the similar ENA names!

Ah! Best thread ever!

I tried on my wedding dress again yesterday for the first time in... six months, I think. Glad to report that I love it just as much now as I did when I bought it. Can this thread please be my motivation to actually plan my wedding? I just want it to happen magically!

I think vintage is more my style. Old lacey antique tablecloth look. I love it.

OT: I just saw a poster called "optimisticgal" and she posted about her boyfriend being best friends with his ex...and I got a little nervous. Damn the similar ENA names!

Lol, that's funny. I always get quirky and quirkygirl mixed up.

Hey Hers, found these links to some vintage dresses and was really suprized at the prices (they are lower than I thought). I know everyone has said they wouldn't buy online without trying it on first, but maybe this will give you some "out of the norm" ideas of what you are looking for. Have you considered finding someone that could make your dress for you? If you found a style you liked, it might be cheaper to have it made, even better if you know someone (friends or family) that sews and could make it for you. Maybe as a wedding gift? You could really have a "one of a kind" gown then! Here's the links:

link removed

link removed

link removed

Also this link to link removed has quite a few links to other options for dresses too (I Luuuuuurve the dress inthis post, it's gorgeous!)

link removed

Take a look at this wedding too, vintagey 1940's style, and a feather bouquet with just a couple flowers for color:

link removed

This couple actually got married in a cemetery! LOL But I do love this dress, it is tea-length, but I think it looks very wedding-y:

link removed

hehe I even found a fall pumpkin wedding right here in VT!! I love this bride's dress, proof that the dress doesn't have to be white and lacey to be gorgeous:

link removed

Ok, I better quit while I'm ahead! LOL I could post wedding links all day! Hmmmm, maybe Longpants and I need to have a vow renewal so I can do it all again!

This is the conversation Jared and I just had through text:

Him: "I'm going grocery shopping after work. Do you need anything?"

Me: "Pantyliners. Really. I hate to do that to you but I really need them."

Him: "If you want me to I can, it's not a big deal, I jsut don't want to buy the wrong ones."

Me: "I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

Him: "I'll be fine. I am the type of guy who had no problem buying condoms."

Me: "yea but this is women products!"

Him: "Condoms meant I was getting sex one time. Pantyliners mean I'm getting it on the regular."

God he's great...and I just sent him a picture of the panty liners to buy. No lie. We're totally there.

This is the conversation Jared and I just had through text:

Him: "I'm going grocery shopping after work. Do you need anything?"

Me: "Pantyliners. Really. I hate to do that to you but I really need them."

Him: "If you want me to I can, it's not a big deal, I jsut don't want to buy the wrong ones."

Me: "I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

Him: "I'll be fine. I am the type of guy who had no problem buying condoms."

Me: "yea but this is women products!"

Him: "Condoms meant I was getting sex one time. Pantyliners mean I'm getting it on the regular."

God he's great...and I just sent him a picture of the panty liners to buy. No lie. We're totally there.

hahahahaha, that's great.

Uh oh, what does he want to change?

just about everything but the date. he wants a local ceremony now, different colors, wants to invite relatives from europe to come. sigh, just a headache, more expense..

having to start from scratch all over again. luckily i bought insurance incase anything happened with the mexico plans. now i have to rethink if i can keep this dress, wearing a tea length dress here in january is a no go.

hope we can compromise somehow, at this point id rather just elope to be continued.

On a slightly different topic, I'm considering hyphenating my last name with his when we get married, as opposed to completely dropping my name & taking his. He isn't thrilled about it. He thinks it shows less "devotion" or something. For some reason he thinks that it's a sign that the person isn't totally into the marriage. But it's not like that at all. I just like my last name, my roots & what it represents. It's not like I'm not taking his, I'm just not abandoning mine.

Do you think most guys feel this way? I think me losing my name is a bigger deal than him dealing with me keeping it. In ADDITION to his, nonetheless. Do most guys really dislike the woman keeping her name? It kind of pisses me off that he thinks it's about him. It's MY freaking name.

It's that some guys have a more traditional view of marriage. I'd counter argue with "if it's about devotion, take mine." He'll shoot it down, watch, b/c my boyfriend did the same.

I knw a few couples who hyphenated the names and both adopted the hyphenated names. So it was "matthew smith-jones and edna smith-jones". I like that idea. It's devotion on both sides.

I however won't be doing that b/c that would make my name so long. I'd be mrs Mehgan 9letters-4letters. Too long. His is 4 letters and it's sooo much shorter and easierr to spell. I'm still torn on the name thing. I don't know what I want. It's an argument I'm feeling stubborn about mostly, rather than what it represents. I feel like rebelling is all.

just about everything but the date. he wants a local ceremony now, different colors, wants to invite relatives from europe to come. sigh, just a headache, more expense..

having to start from scratch all over again. luckily i bought insurance incase anything happened with the mexico plans. now i have to rethink if i can keep this dress, wearing a tea length dress here in january is a no go.

hope we can compromise somehow, at this point id rather just elope to be continued.

So he doesn't want a destinatuion wedding at all? Can you maybe compromise?

It's that some guys have a more traditional view of marriage. I'd counter argue with "if it's about devotion, take mine." He'll shoot it down, watch, b/c my boyfriend did the same.

I knw a few couples who hyphenated the names and both adopted the hyphenated names. So it was "matthew smith-jones and edna smith-jones". I like that idea. It's devotion on both sides.

I however won't be doing that b/c that would make my name so long. I'd be mrs Mehgan 9letters-4letters. Too long. His is 4 letters and it's sooo much shorter and easierr to spell. I'm still torn on the name thing. I don't know what I want. It's an argument I'm feeling stubborn about mostly, rather than what it represents. I feel like rebelling is all.

When we disagree on something, I usually try to get him to see my point of view by asking "if it was the other way around, wouldn't you feel weird losing your name" but it never works. He said that if it was the cultural norm for males to change their name he would probably have no problem doing it. And I suppose he would.

I just don't see it as being about devotion at all. It's about my identity.

My last name is 5 letters, 1 syllable. His is 2 syallables, so it wouldn't be too long putting them together.

Lol, I doubt he would hyphenate his last name to include mine! I heard of people doing that but that even seems kind of weird to me!

Archived