For ENA brides and brides to be!!

So he doesn't want a destinatuion wedding at all? Can you maybe compromise?

he wants to use the mexico trip as a honeymoon and have the ceremony here in our town instead. we're supposed to talk about it more after he gets outta work.. but im hoping we can compromise. so much for smooth sailing

all im seeing right now is more money to spend if we do it his way, it would be different if our budget wasnt so tight, gonna have to cut a few corners someway if we do change our plans.. wish me luck

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When we disagree on something, I usually try to get him to see my point of view by asking "if it was the other way around, wouldn't you feel weird losing your name" but it never works. He said that if it was the cultural norm for males to change their name he would probably have no problem doing it. And I suppose he would.

I just don't see it as being about devotion at all. It's about my identity.

My last name is 5 letters, 1 syllable. His is 2 syallables, so it wouldn't be too long putting them together.

Lol, I doubt he would hyphenate his last name to include mine! I heard of people doing that but that even seems kind of weird to me!

Will said it's more traditional to do that in England. In the US, I had NEVER heard of it, it seems really odd for the guy to hyphenate. He kept saying he wanted to hyphenate with my last name... but I think it'd look funny.

My last name is 5 letters, 2 syllables... his is 10 letters and 4 syllables

Xxxxx-XxXxxxxxx... yeah, too longggg.

he wants to use the mexico trip as a honeymoon and have the ceremony here in our town instead. we're supposed to talk about it more after he gets outta work.. but im hoping we can compromise. so much for smooth sailing

all im seeing right now is more money to spend if we do it his way, it would be different if our budget wasnt so tight, gonna have to cut a few corners someway if we do change our plans.. wish me luck

Girl I'm about to do the cheapest wedding possible. We can bounce ideas off each other. Come here for ideas...that's what it's for!! No worries...you can do it!

Girl I'm about to do the cheapest wedding possible. We can bounce ideas off each other. Come here for ideas...that's what it's for!! No worries...you can do it!

lol thanks, startin to doubt if i can adapt to his new "revelation of changes" that would be cool though, if we could come up with DIY ways of cutting costs here, could help eachother out.. def gonna need it!

did you ever check up on that venue your boss mentioned? i think thats one thing im gonna have to start looking for if we really are going to have the ceremony here. 1 big check to get off the list.

Ah! Best thread ever!

I tried on my wedding dress again yesterday for the first time in... six months, I think. Glad to report that I love it just as much now as I did when I bought it. Can this thread please be my motivation to actually plan my wedding? I just want it to happen magically!

I hear you on that!

My guy and I are like..."So..a wedding...Hmmm.." and then time passes, he works his butt off..and all I've managed to do is a guest list and decide on colours/theme.

We were originally thinking of trying to pull it off for October, but I think it'll be too chaotic with his work schedule to get anything done. [More time for me to slack too!!]

I wanted a destination wedding until the actual proposal happened and seeing the excitment of family changed my mind [since most wouldn't attend if it was a destination..] Ah well.

Are you thinking of changing colors? My thought it orange is perfect for fall but doesn't necessarily scream spring.

im thinking orange and green? looking up orange and green stuff right now as a combination.

im thinking orange and green? looking up orange and green stuff right now as a combination.

Hmmm... One would have to be significantly lighter than the other... otherwise it'd end up looking like peas and carrots. If you did bright green and light, cantaloupe orange, or deep orange with a light green it could work.

I liked the whole same bridesmaids color dress but with a splash of color in the sash. That's how I was orignially going to do mine but change my mind to just have the maid of honor in yellow and the rest of my bridesmaids in dark blue.

I think those colors would look great Hers.

i think that sounds pretty! I love bright colors...i think that's why I'm so set on orange.

i think that sounds pretty! I love bright colors...i think that's why I'm so set on orange.

Me too. I hate dark colors, it's why I want to be married in the spring. My favorite color is blue and yellow goes so well with dark blue, viola, I have my wedding colors.

I'd do the groomsmen in the same context too. The best man would have a yellow tie and the other groomsmen would have dark blue ties (or a yellow shirt and blue shirts, depending on the formality).

And of course the flower girls would alternate a yellow sash around one, a dark blue sash around the other. I'm usually not this color coordinated. lol

that's not a cake i'd pick... we both loathe fondant so we'd go for much simpler.

i'm just trying to find orange and green as a combo. coming up kind of short!

going with mainly green and orange accents would be better instead of the other way around. more fruit to choose from too. limes, pears, etc.

Archived