Found out he was married with a baby.

skyblue1

Hi guys,

Not sure if you have read my previous thread. I was dating a guy for 3 months, he said he didn't want to see me for a month due to studying. I created a new profile of someone else on Facebook and added him in as a friend. He accpted and it showed he was married with a 4month of baby in a different country. I feel very down at the moment. He was a right idiot for cheating on his family. How can people be so awful?

what a scumbag. well, now you know why he 'disappeared.' i feel awful for his wife.

and you know what? same thing happened to me. i was dating a man who had a wife and daughter in another country. he told me they were divorced, but a few months later, his friend told me they were still married (we had already broken up by then for another reason).

That's terrible!

I'm so glad that you found out that he was a philanderer sooner rather than later though. I feel bad for his wife and child- who probably will be the last to know.

He added a complete stranger on FB as a friend?

That seems odd too.

what a scumbag. well, now you know why he 'disappeared.' i feel awful for his wife.

and you know what? same thing happened to me. i was dating a man who had a wife and daughter in another country. he told me they were divorced, but a few months later, his friend told me they were still married (we had already broken up by then for another reason).

I'm really sorry to hear that. It is awful. Don't understand how people can have the heart to do that sort of thing.

• 9 months later...

I am sorry this happened to you but you cannot take everyone at face value. When you are meeting them online and begin to date, the burden is on them to prove they are all that they said they were. 3 months and you did not have a clue? You must have had some suspicions right? That is why you made the fake profile...

Did he ever invite you over to his house? Did he ever spend the weekend with you? Did you know where he worked? Could you call him at any hour of the day? If he is just taking you out on short dates followed by sex at your place, that is a big red flag. These cheaters only operate this way because no one bothers to check them out.

I am sorry this happened to you but you cannot take everyone at face value. When you are meeting them online and begin to date, the burden is on them to prove they are all that they said they were. 3 months and you did not have a clue? You must have had some suspicions right? That is why you made the fake profile...

Did he ever invite you over to his house? Did he ever spend the weekend with you? Did you know where he worked? Could you call him at any hour of the day? If he is just taking you out on short dates followed by sex at your place, that is a big red flag. These cheaters only operate this way because no one bothers to check them out.

I agree with this. There usually are signs, especially by 2 or 3 months (this is the guy that was always cancelling on you, right?).

Archived