Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life of Mama Metro (metrogirl)

metrogirl

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate when that happens. They never post the good job openings at my job until they are taken by someone else within the hospital. Favoritism.

They could never get away with that here, we are union. If union got wind of something like that happening, holy moly there would be hell to pay. LOL

Right now there are a few positions open but none that I want. Usually when that happens and a day shift slot opens up, someone will start moving around which will open up other spots.

I worked 70 hours this week, I am exhausted and desperately want a day to myself. I was considering making today that day but then I remembered I have an appointment scheduled to donate blood this afternoon. Tomorrow will be my day. I'm thinking about heading out to the beach. There are some stores down there that I like and I would really enjoy just sitting on the pier watching the waves crash in.

Metro you work so much, and you really deserve a day off. Hope you have a good day at the beach, bring a book if you want and take an hour to just relax on the sand whilst reading - believe me it's so relaxing.

Good luck with the blood donation - I regularly donate blood too - every bit helps.

Metro you work so much, and you really deserve a day off. Hope you have a good day at the beach, bring a book if you want and take an hour to just relax on the sand whilst reading - believe me it's so relaxing.

Good luck with the blood donation - I regularly donate blood too - every bit helps.

I tried donating a coouple of months ago and my hemoglobin was 12.4, Red Cross won't let you donate unless you are 12.5 or greater. I was disappointed to say the least but all was not lost, I took two of my sons to donate. It was Jaime's first time and he did well. Nick is a regular donor so he was gung ho from the start. I think they are both going with me today to donate again.

Reading a book on the sand sounds terrific. I just ordered some books from ebay too, maybe I will get lucky and my package will come today.

I worked 70 hours this week, I am exhausted and desperately want a day to myself. I was considering making today that day but then I remembered I have an appointment scheduled to donate blood this afternoon. Tomorrow will be my day. I'm thinking about heading out to the beach. There are some stores down there that I like and I would really enjoy just sitting on the pier watching the waves crash in.

OOOOOHHH...can I go with you? I live about a half hour, forty minutes from the beach and I never get the time to go. I do have the third Sunday in September booked to go to San Clemente for the day. There is nothing more relaxing or peaceful than eating lunch on the pier.

OOOOOHHH...can I go with you? I live about a half hour, forty minutes from the beach and I never get the time to go. I do have the third Sunday in September booked to go to San Clemente for the day. There is nothing more relaxing or peaceful than eating lunch on the pier.

Darn it, if I would have seen this message before I headed out, I would have pm'd you with an invite. It would have been nice to have company. I know I know that defeats the purpose of a me day but let me explain. I am so accustomed to never being alone, I felt so akward going out by myself today. I would go to say something and realize I was by myself. I passed by this really neat store on the 3rd St. Promenade and instantly wished my grandsons were there because they love that store. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my day. Would you guys like to hear about it? Sure you would!

Got off to a bit of a late start, that is a whole other story, I will save that for later. I started my journey by going to Santa Monica. I walked the 3rd St promenade and was trying to decide what to have for lunch. I finally decided on Chipotle since everyone I know swears by it and I had never had it. I was glad I went, the food is good and I love the cilantro lime rice. Headed to Barnes and Noble afterwards for a book to read. I exercised but not intentionally, I had to walk about 5 or 6 blocks to the beach including walking down a bunch of stairs and a bridge over PCH to get to the sand. My God, I forgot how hard it is to walk on sand or maybe it's just difficult when you are heavy. LOL Made it to the shore and walked along the shore and enjoyed the cool water on my feet. I headed up to the pier and bought an iced coffee and then walked down to the end of the pier where the fishermen hang out. I sat there on a bench and read my book for a while. Finally I left, made it back to my car and was trying to figure out what I wanted to do next. I drove to my old stomping grounds and got a pedi from this salon that I used to frequent years ago. I still wasn't ready to go back home, so I went and got a massage.

Overall a good day, probably won't do something like that for a while. I like company, what can I say? LOL Oh and I am sunburned. Booooooo

Too much sun makes you feel like poo. I really feel beat up today, not to mention I woke up with a whopper of a migraine. I didn't realize how burned I was until I got into the shower this morning, I was like 'holy moly'. Thankfully it's just my chest and shoulders but still.

I really didn't feel like coming into work today. I would have preferred to stay home in bed but I was needed here in the office and no one would have been able to cover anyway.

and u did not invite me ether i thought we where friends metro girl . lol jk im glad you had a good day. and about the sun it i know how u feel. i whent out to the lake and comng into a cooler place my house i have a mix of been hot and been cold if that makes sense lol

and u did not invite me ether i thought we where friends metro girl . lol jk im glad you had a good day. and about the sun it i know how u feel. i whent out to the lake and comng into a cooler place my house i have a mix of been hot and been cold if that makes sense lol

Your not in Cali are you Ferni? Yeah I totally understand the hot/cold thing. It's not a good feeling, I usually end up with a sore throat after soemthing like that.

I'm sorry you are having a crappy day Mama Met. Did your head ever get better?

Yeah kinda. My neck is sore, not sure if that was from the massage I had yesterday or if I am just old and decomposing. LOL

Just feeling really tired. I think I over did it with the extra OT.

Archived