Living with a Chronic, incurable condition.

Also, call your local hospitals and see if there is a support group. This helped my mom some. Although one that we went to, wasnt alot of help, but then we found another one that was great. I actually got my mom doing tai chi as one of the members in the group taught a tai chi class specifically for those with fibromyalgia.

See if there is any kind of support group. Even if it's just for general chronic illness. If IC is rare, you may not find one specifically for that, but the group do help and they may introduce you to other opportunities to meet people and feel social, like a real person again. this is what my mom says...she likes to feel like a real person again.

I will ask my Dr. when I see him on Monday. I am going for an Interstim Trial. It's where they put a temporary pace maker in your back to see if it will help control the overactiveness of the bladder. If it is successful, I will have surgery and have a permenent one installed. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No she doesn't but the treatments she gets are amazing. Depending on the treatment she gets both acupuncture and sometimes cupping for negative pressure massage.

Our acupuncturist has treated number of patients the last 20 years including animals. She once saved a dying horse that was about to be put down but knowing that the anatomy of a horse was similar to humans she tried acupuncture on her and to this day after 15 years the horse is alive and well

very encouraging.....THANK YOU!

I did some on line reading, and the suicide rate for woman with this condition is somewhere around 50%. That scared the **** out of me. Don't ever do it TOV...I know I won't...even on my worst day, I still have to have Faith.

Yes, it's up there. It's soul-eating, life blackening...people just don't realize how high that number is, and have no idea about it at all...research is not fond of disorders that mainly affect women's quality of life but have little to offer in the way of meds, and it's not considered "life threatening."

HA -- this IS life-threatening. Just in a different sense of the word.

But I have made a vow not to do it.

I waver sometimes in my head, on my worst days...but then I remind myself why I don't, and why I can't. It's very hard.

I still have faith, too. I'm so glad you won't either...it brings you very close to the edge, but I'm so happy to hear you say that, especially after your suicide thread recently (which I saw later)

We are going to keep hanging in there. It's about transcending all this to see what life is, besides this. And there is a lot to that. Outside of pain....life is full of beauty and meaning. I can't let this take everything from me, and neither can you.

Yes....some ass hole Medical Director who sits behind a desk and has NEVER examine me determined that it was "medically unnecessary"...

So peeing up 50 times a day is okay in his eyes?

Total horsepoo......

Don't give up. If you have to bombard those bastards with endless paperwork and claims you keep doing it until some stuffy suit guy decides that it might actually be a good idea.

Oh next thought......Have you researched to see if there are any clinical trials in your area that you might be able to participate in?

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear you have IC.

i also am dealing with it, and it is crippling. the frequency is a complete nightmare and my doctors are at a loss with what to do with me. I've turned into a shadow of my former self and i'm sure my friends and family are sick of hearing about it.

I am on daily medication at the moment, i dread to think what would happen without it.

my thoughts are with you

x

Have you looked into acupuncture? There are a lot of people who have IC that acupuncture has reduced the symptoms tremendously. Like with anything the results will differ but something I highly encourage.

Im very sorry tio hear about your illness. I secong the idea of accupuncture. My whole family has had great results concerning other troubles.

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear you have IC.

i also am dealing with it, and it is crippling. the frequency is a complete nightmare and my doctors are at a loss with what to do with me. I've turned into a shadow of my former self and i'm sure my friends and family are sick of hearing about it.

I am on daily medication at the moment, i dread to think what would happen without it.

my thoughts are with you

x

Thank you for responding...what type of treatment are you on? I am so sorry you also suffer from this......

So peeing up 50 times a day is okay in his eyes?

Total horsepoo......

Don't give up. If you have to bombard those bastards with endless paperwork and claims you keep doing it until some stuffy suit guy decides that it might actually be a good idea.

Oh next thought......Have you researched to see if there are any clinical trials in your area that you might be able to participate in?

There are no trials in my area....I have filed an appeal that will take up to 30 days...I was supposed to have the procedure done this Monday.

Wish it was under better circumstances, but it's so nice to see you back. I'm so sorry you've been diagnosed with a chronic illness. I've been diagnosed with three, I understand how incapacitating they can be, how all you want to do is just stay in bed all day. I think the acupuncture is a fantastic idea and something I should look into myself.

I hope the meds start to offer you some sort of relief soon.

Wish it was under better circumstances, but it's so nice to see you back. I'm so sorry you've been diagnosed with a chronic illness. I've been diagnosed with three, I understand how incapacitating they can be, how all you want to do is just stay in bed all day. I think the acupuncture is a fantastic idea and something I should look into myself.

I hope the meds start to offer you some sort of relief soon.

Oh Jenny....I am so sorry hon....I didn't know you had chronic illnesses. And you always seem so upbeat. It's so hard for me to get out of bed these days...if I didn't have to pee, I would just remain there.

Archived