The Ugly Truth - what both sexes hate about each other!

Ashley1640

Ever wonder what bothers the opposite sex so much that they blow up on you for the smallest thing? And then tell you, "You just don't get it, you don't understand!! It's a woman/man thing!" The point of this thread is to list your pet peeves that your loved one does! I think we'll get some good laughs out of this, and probably some eye-openers for the readers.

-- I hate seeing clothes on the floor. They either go in the dirty clothes or folded/hung up!

-- Wet/Dirty diapers should be put in the trash, not left where you changed the baby!

-- Dirty dishes go in the sink or dishwasher. Clean dishes go in the cabinets.

-- Shoes do not go under the coffee table, put them in the closet!

Now that you've vented what irritates you, tell us what you do(if anything), to calm yourself down so you don't blow up on your significant other! Or if you just let them have it. Can you think of anything that you could do, or change(you can't change your significant other), so that way you could be happy? And that way your significant other could be happy without getting the silent treatment or screamed at?

-- Walk out of the room.

-- Count to 10.

-- Psh, pick it up anyway.. done it so many times i'm numb at the moment.

I've personally found that communication is the key to relationships. Maybe this thread will be a door-opener to some relationships, so that people will say, "Ok, let's talk compromise - what can I do, or not do, to make you happy?"

-- I hate seeing clothes on the floor. They either go in the dirty clothes or folded/hung up!

-- Wet/Dirty diapers should be put in the trash, not left where you changed the baby!

-- Dirty dishes go in the sink or dishwasher. Clean dishes go in the cabinets.

-- Shoes do not go under the coffee table, put them in the closet!

It's not just women that do these things - some men do them too.

He will go on and on about his career and his day at work. It's important to him and I understand that and listen without interrupting him. BUT, when it's my turn to vent or brag about something that happened to me at work, he either doesn't pay attention or changes the subject right in the middle of my sentence. He will say things like, "Can we talk about something else, now?"

He starts projects around the house and never finishes them. I have a half finished kitchen floor and family room. Been the way for over a year. And MAYBE this year the Xmas lights will actually go up!

I go out with friends and vent to them about this. They say their husband/bf is just like this and we can't expect men to change. We then flirt with the cutest waiter in the place for revenge. If he smiles back and talks, I come home in a great mood and his messes or lack of attention are things I can deal with again. I'd never cheat, outside of these two things, he's a great guy and I'm not looking to replace him. I just wish that men considered women's careers as important as theirs.

Ultimatums------ they don't work

I hate when women change the rules to fit their agenda---

Don't try and turn things around on me--- Own your shyte and I'll own mine

Say what you mean and mean what you say

I cannot read your mind, if you haven't noticed I barely comprehend your perfect

english!!

Allow me the time to miss you...

Sex is not your gift to me, it's a mutual expression of our love and desires, AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS LEVERAGE!!

I'd rather do time with outlaws than in-laws

women who:

-complain about all the drama caused by gossip and yet do it themselves.

-leave that ring of hair in the shower around the drain till it builds up and looks like Chewbacca has been showering at your house and it gets all covered in scum and stuff...gross

-dirty tampons in my trashcan that are hardly wrapped up in toilet paper or something and just left on the top of the trash.. come on girls...

-listen to horrible music when they drive and then expect me to listen to the same crap in my truck when we are driving somewhere.

-complain about ALWAYS being cold

-order something off the menu thats diet food and obviously sucks, then pick and steal bites from me off whatever delicious thing I got.

-eat all the damn icecream down to like 1 bite left then put the carton back in the freezer...like I'm not gonna know who did it the next time I got get me some...

-throw out milk that is on its expiration date

Didn't there used to be a rule about generalising?

Or maybe I dreamt it.

If this is generalizing, I apologize.

These are personal things that irritate us.. and this is a thread where you can vent as to what those things are.

I wanted this thread to be a go-to-see what/how the opposite sex thinks. Kinda like the book, Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, or whatever the heck the book is called. I wanted to see what irritated men, and I'm sure men want to know what irritates women.. so... hence the thread.

When I want sympathy/empathy or a few kind words when I'm stressed or peed off, he doesn't give it to me! He gives me a straight-forward solution - that sounds very much like an order - when that is not always what I want! I've decided I'm going to give up on getting this from him, will just get it from my girlfriends in future.

Why on earth are people talking about generalizing on this thread. It is a great thread, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am a woman and to be honest, everything written by men here is what we do - and vice versa! lol

Can't believe people take offence at things like this.... its a thread about what peeves YOU have about YOUR partner, be them a woman or a man

Why on earth are people talking about generalizing on this thread. It is a great thread, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am a woman and to be honest, everything written by men here is what we do - and vice versa! lol

Can't believe people take offence at things like this.... its a thread about what peeves YOU have about YOUR partner, be them a woman or a man

lol you'd be surprised at the people who play the oh-no-you-didnt card.

but yeah, one of the guys in this thread listed just about everything i do on a daily basis. or had done.. i found it hilarious! it's just nice to know what gets on people's nerves!

Leave wet towels all over the place--I ended up collecting 8 different wet towels left all over the house...grrrrrrr

Cook and not wipe the crumbs and crap off of the cabinets

when I set the trash by the door to be taken out, dont step over it on your way out, TAKE IT WITH YOU!!!

I really don't know because my bf's a neat freak like me lol. So, I honestly can't think of anything about the opposite sex that really bothers me. I can think of a ton of annoying things done by some members of my own sex though. For example, my roommate who leaves pads in the trash can that are barely wrapped, doesn't wash her hands, leaves hair all over the sink, doesn't know how to properly wash dishes or counters, leaves makeup all over the bathroom sink and etc. I have lived with quite a few young women since undergrad and I'm convinced that we are slipping when it comes to general cleanliness. My guy friends maintain better apartments and dorms.

• 4 weeks later...

-It bothers me when guys force me to listen to a 10 minute story about the most boring thing that happened to them, like their bad parking job or forgetting a backpack or spilling milk. My bf will literally go into a play by play of what happened, mentioning details that don't even have anything to do with the issue he's describing. It drives me nuts but I'm not gonna be the one to tell him his stories are boring.

-I hate it when I'm talking and he starts walking aways from me and expects me to follow him and continue my story.

-As far as cleanliness goes, my boyfriend is much cleaner than I am, I'd never have problems with things like clothes on the floor and shoes in the wrong place because I do all those things and more lol.

Archived