Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Rose21

So I've always been an animal lover, and I love dogs dearly. I've always had dogs growing up, and I currently have a blue healer mix named Panda that is a family joy. I plan on moving in with my boyfriend next year, and although he loves dogs he is very allergic to pet dander, basically anything with fur, so a dog/cat, anything like that is a no-no for us. My FAVORITE dogs are a Siberian Husky, if I could pick one it would be that. I've settled on getting a parrot when I move in with him because I love parrots/birds and if I could choose one animal to own, it'd be that.

But the animal lover I am, I've never been shy around animals. Even big animals. I went to my friend's house yesterday and they have 2 dogs. One is an 11 year old Siberian Husky, who is a doll. I love this dog. The other is their newest additon, Buddah, a 8 month old Tibetain Mastiff. This dog was 8 months old and weighed 100 lbs, not even full grown. When she told me that I had to wait til a parent was home to see her because their dog is so aggressive, I was skeptical.

When I saw him, I couldn't believe the size but that didn't get me down. I've never been shy, and I knew that itd be fine. He barked alot at first, than he was fine. I let him smell me, he licked me, and he was generally fine. They said he liked girls better.

Well, this dog and their other dog grew up together but just recently they have to have him on a leash in their own house because Buddah is VERY aggressive to Titain (The Husky) And threatens to kill him, they get into fights and Titain has already fully submitted to him and this still continues. My friend is weary to have friends over at the house because even sudden movements, like getting off the couch etc starts this dog off, even if you stare at it, he takes it as a challenge.

So they had it on the leash, and it was just lying on the ground by her dad's feet at the table, and I casually walked by to the bathroom and this dog LUNGED at me, jumped up and hacked/barked and grabbed my leg. Bit my leg. It didn't get me hard, but part of it was because I jerked away so fast (I literly flew up in the air) And he was on the leash. I yelped in surprise, and it felt like a shot that I actually felt.

It's not very big, it's obvious that one tooth got it. But seriously, for one tooth it makes me worried. It's magenta red, with blood vessels/bruises gathering around it and it almost got an artery. I could of used a stitch. And it just gets worse by the day.

My mom is very worried, even though they put the dog down. (I wasn't the first person it bit, and the family was very concerned with it's behavior as was the vet)

And I'll prob end up going to the Doctor tomorrow to get it checked out.

The only other time I got bit by a dog was when I was 10 and it wasn't even near as bad as this, and it scared! It was also on my leg, but not on my upper thigh like this one, on my caph.

Here are some pictures. If any of you know anything about dog bites please let me know!! I may be over-reacting, but I'd like to get a 2nd opinion about going to the doctor tomorrow. I know nothing about the bites, but I don't really want to chance it.

This was the dog...

link removed

And this is the bite. Worse today, than yesterday.

link removed

link removed

Personally, I think I got lucky. It was just one tooth that grazed me and it could of been ALOT worse, I've seen horrible, awful things when it concerns dog bites...

The bad part is, I'm kind of weary about dogs I don't know now, I've NEVER been like this

Yes you need a doc and antibiotics. I do cat rescue and I had a cat bite. It was in the middle of my arm between wrist and elbow. He actually bit into my vein. The whole area from my elbow to wrist was bruised and within 4 hours I had phlebitis, the vein was infected. Doc said ANY bite should be treated with antibiotics and at least looked at. he said if I had waited much longer it could have lead to sepsis and a hospital stay. Do not take bites lightly.

why was the dog on a leash inside the house?

good thing this dog was put to sleep though. may have done alot more damage later down the line. its sad that people either breed or treat dogs in a way that makes them like this, but the price we pay for fashion breeding or ignorance is usually comes in the form of a euthanasia fee or a hospital bill.

Oh they loved this dog and they didn't want to do that to him, the dog was great with them would even lick them on their faces. But the dog was very aggressive, he had something wrong with him. They noticed it when he was just 8 weeks old!

They had him on the leash so it wouldn't hurt the other dog, or me which it happened anyways. But if he hadn't been on that leash, it could of been ALOT worse.

They were just fed up with how it was acting, and it had already bitten 3 people. So it had it's rabies shots etc.

I called my doctor today and they said that there were no available times for me to come by and get looked at, although the manager of the place said that they could have me in Monday, but I shouldn't wait that long. Because it's a dog bite I need to go to the ER to get checked out.

My mom does want me to get it checked out, but she'd rather wait til monday where I can get an apt vs. the emergency room cuz our insurance doesn't cover it anymore.

Is it really that important I go soon, like this weekend soon? Is it the law that you have to get checked out when you get an animal bite that breaks skin? I heard something like that.

Archived