Post here instead of contacting your ex!

dear ex

i hope that 10 years from now, you are single and come to me again.

It would be great to introduce you to my wonderful wife, three great kids and my two pet dogs, one which i affectionately named after you.

T$

that is gold!!

Goddamnit M,

Im so worried about you. I care so much about you. I know I wasnt all that great, but you've let me in your life. You've told me things you've never even told your best friends about. I thought I was special to you. You were special to me. I still dont understand why things have to end this way.

I havent thought about you for the longest since the break up. I was happy again for a bit, but then I had a dream about you, and I everything came back to haunt me again.

I tried to avoid going to that dark place. I did. I meant every word I said when I said it to you the other day. But a few hours after that beautiful conversation, all that remained were pain, outrage, and revulsion. Yes, betrayal is the right word: to think of you spreading your legs for him of all people—the man who tried to come between us for all of those years, who you remained in contact with throughout—it makes me ill. Right now I hate you and doubt I can ever come back from it to anything but numbness where you’re concerned. My heart is broken.

I want to scream today. Really scream so hard that my throat should ache. Only thing is if I scream like that my neighbors will call police. I am frustrated, angry at myself. I was doing great and then this hurricane had to happen. And then I made a call to my ex. Initially I was feeling ok. Now I am feeling horrible. I need a hug. I need to go to a place where I can scream and cry.

Dear B,

I feel very sorry for you and for myself. Remember those matching best friend t-shirts we bought? It's been a long time since I had a real best friend. I will miss you even though you often annoyed the heck out of me. You were one of the first people to get me to laugh on a regular basis. Thanks for that. You once told me you'd do just about anything to make me smile. I bet you didn't know you would be responsible for making me cry as we talked to our church pastor about your sex addiction. Wow.

You said you still loved me and yet you went out with another woman while I was on the church trip. That probably hurts me more than your sex addicition. And yes, we are broken up so you can do what you want, but you were doing so well. You cleaned yourself up, were eating healthy and getting medical attention, studying communication skills, exercising, getting more involved in the church and becoming a role model to one of the boys, S, especially. 2 weeks ago you told me you were never going to give up on me nor would you give up on your student, S. Now you are leaving your ministry.

I am really heart-broken more than I expected. You asked me how it went meeting with my ex fiance and almost sounded like you hope we reconciled. That surprised me. I know I originally didn't want to get involved with you, but ended up getting attached. That kinda stuff happens with me. Well when you spent a lot of time with someone talking, laughing, bowling, pool, parties, biking, hiking, picnics, church fundraisers, camping and the like, what should I expect right? I remember you taking me in your arms and slow dancing with me to Elvis. You were the quite the romantic. I hadn't had that before. Thanks, though you now say you might be a sociopath, I really felt I meant something to you at those moments.

I remember we were hanging out one day and you took my hand and looked into my eyes and started crying. You said you were so blessed just to have me as a friend and that you wish we could stay in that moment forever. We held each other and it was so warm and innocent and I felt love. You started out as a rebound--some cute guy who smelled bad and needed a good shower. You ended up cleaning up and losing weight and now you're a hottie (why does that always happen).

Nevertheless, I was there for you and you were there for me. You helped me take life more lightly and I helped you take it more seriously. You told me last night that you won't forget me. That made me feel sad like you are going away. Where are you going? Don't leave the church. If you don't love me, fine. But don't leave God. Get help with your sex addiciton! Don't talk to that girl. She is crazy. Do you really want to get sucked back into that when your life was going so well? You even thought it was going well. Why do you want to go backwards instead of forwards? The kids love you and they are going to be hurt. The other people at church will have compassion for you.

I know I am a codependent to an addict, but love does strange things. Yes, love. I can't be in a relationship with you, but I do care. Even if you are emotionless (you said you aren't completely emotionless but you seem not to have the same emotions as others). You said that it was true that you did love me though, in some way or another. I wish I could believe that.

I've realized why I may be able to get on with my life faster than you:

a) You've gained a lot of weight (30 - 40 lbs!) since I met you and aren't doing anything to get healthy again. I think you're cute with your chub, but the impossible girls you aim for won't find it cute. I haven't fluctuated much in weight and I know I'm attractive -- that pharmacist at Kaiser said, "Oh, you're so pretty!" while I was with you, remember? How many girls have you dated/will date will bring out a random comment like that from a complete stranger? I'm the only one who did and ever will.

b) You're losing your job as of August 1st. I doubt you've found anything or that you'll find something that paid you as well as this one did. You'll be out of your apartment and living, most likely, with your dad, his girlfriend, and her two kids. Your savings aren't great and you don't have many skills like I do. Coupled with your weight gain, how will you even afford to take a girl out on a date? You won't. A lot of girls like it if a guy pays for the first date. You won't be able to. That's not attractive. I, on the other hand, still have my job, make okay money, and though I can't move out on my own yet, I'm able to handle all of my bills while managing to save and have some to spend.

c) Your "holier than thou" attitude that seems to have stemmed from your Objectivist philosophy is going to be a turn off, even for other Objectivists.

d) You'll never find another woman who will care for you, love you, and be patient with you like I was. I put up with your inane anger, your moods, your laziness and still loved the hell out of you. Your "standards" are near impossible -- the only way you'll find someone better than me is if you keep sleeping and keep dreaming.

I know you'll realize what you've let go soon.

I miss you...........but I'm determined to come out of this okay and better then ever.

I hope you think of me as often as I think of you........even if it is less and less each passing day. Id like to think that after almost 4 years together through hell and back, that I friggin meant something to you.

I hope you arent rebounding - even if that is your way of dealing with things.

I could go on and on but Ill stop now.

I miss you. But im still pissed

A-

I had a down day today, even had tears welling up while I was sitting in class. I doubt you have cried since the day you broke up with me. I have never cried so much in my life either. I'm doing things to move on, but I'm not. I'm still just going through the motions, but I don't really believe I want to do any of it, I can't even get excited about going to Alaska. I just want to be with you. You thought of me at least the other day, enough to send me an email. I didn't really tell you anything when I replied because I don't want you to feel sorry for me. But I wanted to tell you how much I miss you. I still think of a time when we can be together again, talk about everything, and figure out a future. Sweet dreams.

I really miss you. I don't know why though. I think the only thing you brought to the table were your looks.... But without makeup on, you were not that pretty. But I still love you, I just dont know why to be honest... Maybe I just don't want to be alone, maybe it's the way other men were envious of me when you were on my arm... I realize now there is more to a relationship then just looks.... but it still so hard to let go..

I realize the mistakes I've made, I pay for them every single day. I still cry everyday because I miss you so much...

I know I can't do any better then you.. Because you're amazing. No one can love me the way you loved me.

I miss you G I miss you so much

come back.. Please. I would email you first but I can't handle the rejection, my self esteem is at an all time low. I have so much to share with you. Do you miss me?

I see you have not deleted me on msn why is that? Is it because you still want to contact me one day? Please G just follow your heart, do what your heart tells you.

Love always, H

i woke up this morning so tired...mentally

i wanted to finnish it with you.

its been 3 weeks since i have seen you and 2 weeks since youve called the break, and nothing has been said to try sort our things out. you never want to discuss it, you jus leave it for days and days, which have now turned into weeks

thats not really on.

now youve created a thread on the forum we go on about how amazing we all are and how life is amazing. its all very love and light....and youre getting responses about how amazing you are. I left a response, yeah was abit mysterious, i didnt want a big show down in public, i got class you see, but i did want you to know i dont buy your BS and that I know you different to what the others on there think they know of you. funny how you said i was the most amazing woman you met, and you spend hours and hours and hours on there in chat and talking to others. But you said you dont wanna talk to me on the phone to talk about us and discussing sorting it out. You jus stonewall me at every spat. Yeah thats a real love and light way to deal with someone.

I said you were worth fighting for when you called this split, but now that fight has left me. im reconsidering it. seriously.

but, you kna what...im gunna stick with nc, as my feelings might just be a mood swing, or whatever, and im not gunna be rash. i said id give you a month and then if you havent got in touch id call it a day. i wanna see if you do contact me to really talk about us, and not just keeping in contact to keep me hooked in. you got just over two weeks

see theres this guy, who IS listening to me when i talk about you, he gets me, doesnt ignore me, he goes through with me OUR problems - when that should be YOU, not him. we are getting closer, we talk so easily.

where were you? ah yes talking elsewhere, to everyone but me.

i dont even think you realise youre loosing me.

Well, your last day at work is only a few days. It is very bittersweet for me being that I know that more than likely I will never see you again, but will aid in my healing tremendously. That's how it goes I guess. Take care of yourself and your daughter. Even if I shouldn't, I still love you even if I'm never going to be part of your life.

My wish for you is to gain some independence and think for yourself. Don't always do what you sisters want you to do.

I dreamt you. You were tellin me that you love your new girl... It was just a dream and i woke up feeling hurt. I don't know what do you love about her? After 4 years. I wish you still loved me, even though deep down I know it would never work and deep down I know you will hurt me again. I don't want you back. Not because i know it impossible thats why im saying it, but because i cant go tru it again......All this and I know you don't remember me.. Or even think about me. I just wanted to say it...

I'm trying to let you go. And I feel weird about it. Yeah, that annoying tinge thing.

It's weird ... only about two weeks since our 2nd break-up and I'm feeling better, little by little. No hysterical crying fits like before. No panic attacks.

Perhaps it's because I know only two outcomes will happen. (a) You'll come back or (b) You won't. Either way, I know I'll be fine.