Not sure where I stand...

Daligal83

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well our last conversation we said that we'd see each other the third weekend in October, which is when I'll be in his city for the wedding. There isn't an opportunity before that. And he also said that he'd definitely come visit me in October. So I'm assuming that still stands? The craziness of our schedules is not helping the situation at all.

hm. i don't know.... i guess, wait and see. and definitely go out on those blind dates and do consider a dating site.

i've been in the situation before where, like i said, where it seemed like the guy was interested, but wasn't making a move. and then i pounced on him, then we dated for a few months, but then things fell apart for no real reason. that guy was actually the reason i came to ENA 5 years ago!

in hindsight, did i do the right thing? i don't know. he seemed interested in me, asking me to hang out and stuff, but didn't seem to make the next move until i did. i think he was hesitant for some reason, i don't know why. and then like i said, we dated and things fell apart just like that. odd. i really liked him too. would i have been better off if i just sat back and did nothing and waited for him? maybe. i don't know - maybe he would have eventually made a move on his own time, maybe not. maybe he had some good reason why he didn't think we were compatible long run which led to our breakup? we communicated very differently, that's for sure. he's not a bad guy, just somewhat cold, and i think our mutual friends would agree.

anyways.... hm. i don't know if any of that helps, lol!

So I texted him today to say happy new year and he didn't respond!! So frustrating. I know he's with his family and all but there's no way he didn't have time to say it back.

But I'm not even upset about it anymore because I went out tonight and had a GREAT night. First I talked to this one guy who isn't from here, but he's coming back and was asking if I'd be around and if I go to where he lives ever. Then this other really really hot guy was obviously checking me out and ended up standing next to me at the bar, so we started talking. He's young...but whatever. He asked for my number Then I went over to where my friend went and was talking to a guy she likes, and I started talking to his friend who was really hot. We totally hit it off. We went to another bar with them and the second guy was there too. His friends were leaving as we got there and he was like, I don't want to be rude, but they are leaving. But then he texted me saying he didn't mean to be rude and he had fun hanging out with me. The third guy...this drunk girl starting hitting on him and he was talking to her. So I don't know. He was still talking to her when we left...but I might have my number passed along to him anyway.

I'm just in shock because this never ever ever happens to me.

Yay - glad you had such a fun/great night! Definitely a self confidence boost if you needed one.

As far as the other guy, of course I always wonder if maybe the text got lost or something. But I agree it would be rude for him not to reply.

Keep us posted - soon you'll have to start a new thread because your title won't be relevant!

Haha well I doubt any of these will go anywhere, but it's still fun! I haven't heard from G (the main guy of this thread lol) since I called him on Wednesday. I'm just getting over it. I'm not going to even call again and confront the issue if I don't hear from him. I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my time a bit. I know it's the holidays, but if you really want to talk to someone you find the time.

I really liked that guy who ended up talking to the drunk girl. So even though that was a turnoff, if the guy my friend likes contacts her, I'm definitely going to have her pass along my number. It can't hurt! If he doesn't call, oh well.

Oh and the blind date guy called yesterday. I didn't have time to call him so I texted and said I'd call today.

So I texted him today to say happy new year and he didn't respond!! So frustrating. I know he's with his family and all but there's no way he didn't have time to say it back.

He's perplexing to say the least. I wouldn't totally write him off--he might step up and show you a side of him you haven't seen yet. Not being able to see each other very often probably also makes things even more difficult than they would ordinarily be. I think it is a good idea to date around and see what else is out there. If things with the original guy fade into the background, so be it, but it may just be something that takes off in the future.

Yea I think you are right. My mom thinks he's just not ready since he brings up the ex. I'm getting a little bored of the situation, but we really do click so I won't totally give up. He ended up calling Sunday night, but we were both exhausted so it wasn't the best conversation. And I can't really expect anything to happen since we can't see each other. So it stays with the status quo. It really is just a shame though because we click SO well.

I haven't heard from that guy from the bar, but I think I'm going to text him tonight. I've got nothing to lose. Plus I'm going with the philosophy that if he's interested, he won't be annoyed by hearing from me. And if he's put off by a text days after meeting, then he's not my type.

I've got that blind date on Thursday though. We'll see how that goes!

Archived