HE WON'T GO DOWN ON ME!!

I find it interesting that this guy will not give oral because so many have been there before, but he will take where your mouth has been on just as many. I think that is a weak and kind of insulting excuse. If he just does not like it or is insecure that is ok, but he should not use that excuse.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your boyfriend is being an a**. I don't see how a relationship will work between you if that bothers him so much, because it's something you can't change. He'll either have to get over it or it's not going to work. Some guys just don't like giving oral, but his reason is bogus...

Empty.

I haven't gone through all the responses on your thread. But.. I do believe he is imature if he's going to point out your sexual past. Its ok for him?? but not for you to have a past??? double standard.

Or.. he is NOt comfortable with Oral Sex. There's a book on the market called..."She comes first" you may want to buy a copy for him. It may help him with technique and confidence.

OR.. Just might not like giving oral. And if thats the case he should say so... and allow you to decide how important it is to you and move on.

If he expects oral sex from you, why shouldn't you expect the same thing?

if he really can't go down on you, find other things he can do to satisfy you, or if its way important to you then find someone else.

sex should be mutually satisfying, not just him or me thing.

Yeah, that's a pretty weak reason from him. You've tested clean, so all he can claim anymore is the mental aspect of it. But c'mon. Other men's penises have been in your mouth (I assume) and he's still willing to kiss you right? He needs to grow up. Being in love means making sacrifices. And if he just did it, I'm sure he would get over this irrational fear he's got going on. Maybe you start denying him oral until he comes around.

i see the original post is more than two years old, and hopefully in that time either your bf has seen the error of his ways, or perhaps you have moved onto greener pastures..

moot point.. the number of previous partners is irrelevant (as you noted).. in fact this has the whiff of a smoke screen.. whatever the basis of his resistance, just sounds like he's dumping as an avoidance tactic

did you bring to his attention that old addage "you've gotta give good head to get good head!" ??

sounds like you're doing your bit, and *ahem* bf needs to get busy developing his jaw muscles and learning to breathe through his ears

• 2 years later...

Not all people like all sex acts.

I think his line about you having had a lot of partners is probably a screen for a lack of interest in going down on you generally. If it's important to you, then I guess I would either try to convince him to expand his sexual repertoire or find someone else. There are many men who enjoy this, and there are some who do not. You should find one who does.

he doesn't have a point. you should stop giving him oral sex and see how he likes it. sex isn't everything in a relationship, but you can't expect to have a healthy one if he isn't willing to compromise on this. i don't see what having many sexual partners has to do with him giving you oral sex. it's not like you haven't showered. i think you need to sit down and have a serious talk with him. if he's not willing to compromise, then maybe you should consider finding someone who is more sexually compatible.

Well, I'm 36 years old and have been with several women. But the first time I went down was when I was 35 years old. Up to that point I hadn't met anyone I thought I could trust with it, but the primary reason was I was ignorant. I previously thought it was gross to go there. But, mmmmmm. Now I'm addicted to it. ANd it took the girl of my dreams leaving me for other reasons before I was compelled or understood the need for it.

We broke up after living together for one year and she came back a few months later and that was her welcome home present...to both of us. So, it may be that like trying new food, he has to warm up to the idea.

Oh, and it may be a chemical thing/hygeine thing. I havedated women that noway would I go there. And another girl who came so heavily I woulda drowned. So, you should just be open and talk with him. Ireally wish my girl woulda talked to me about her interest level in that area before I wasted a year of not doing it.

that's my two cents. and I'm new here too.

this is kinda weird to me. He wont go down on your but he will have sex? (atleast im assuming yall have sex). It just sounds like a cop out. Whether you have 1 partner or 100 you are still at risk of having an STD. I would really sit down with this boy and find out whats really going on. If he is going to make up stories to justify why he wont do something, you probably need to let that go. Also, if he wants to receive he needs to do a lil giving as well... which is part of a relationship. Next time he asks tell him you dont like giving head knowing other girls have been down there... seems fair to me....

this is kinda weird to me. He wont go down on your but he will have sex? (atleast im assuming yall have sex). It just sounds like a cop out. Whether you have 1 partner or 100 you are still at risk of having an STD. I would really sit down with this boy and find out whats really going on. If he is going to make up stories to justify why he wont do something, you probably need to let that go. Also, if he wants to receive he needs to do a lil giving as well... which is part of a relationship. Next time he asks tell him you dont like giving head knowing other girls have been down there... seems fair to me....

i would NOT go down on every girl i have had sex with. only special girls have gotten oral from me.