I'm a little pissed to be honest!

konstantine

I got a job today. I was excited because it is a great job for the summer. The first thing I thought was, "Oh good, I have the weekends off to spend with my boyfriend and my friends!" So excited, I texted him to tell him.

All I got back was "Aw boo I want that". Not even a congrats, good job, that's awesome, nothing.

I was expecting him to be happy for me and instead he's just sitting there feeling bad for himself. It makes me feel crappy. And he's not even glad that we both have weekends to spend time together. I know he's feeling a bit down that he doesn't have a "big boy" job since he just finished college, but really? This just feels like he's being selfish.

What the hell? I am not going to make a big deal out of it but am I at least allowed to feel kind of annoyed by this?

talk to him. he may not have meant it in the way you are taking it

Maybe he didn't mean to offend me, yes, but he said nothing in the way of being glad for me. I don't think it's too much to ask for your SO to show some support and not just be a pouty baby.

Maybe he didn't mean to offend me, yes, but he said nothing in the way of being glad for me. I don't think it's too much to ask for your SO to show some support and not just be a pouty baby.

we all have our moments. if you keep holding him to a standard everytime you expect him to react a certain way towards you then you are bound to be severely unhappy. as you would if you did that with anyone, family, friends, etc.

we all have our moments. if you keep holding him to a standard everytime you expect him to react a certain way towards you then you are bound to be severely unhappy. as you would if you did that with anyone, family, friends, etc.

Well said.

We all are entitled to bad days, but it stinks he was not excited for you. Maybe he is feeling less manly because you got a job before him.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I didn't make a big thing out of it because I get where he is coming from, but I just told him Ya know, I'm a bit irritated that you couldn't at least be a little happy for me. He told me to chill. (? rude) So I just left him alone and a little bit later he said "Sorry about that" and started asking me some questions about it. So whatever. I guess I'll just let it be.

Archived