i heard from her today

sunnyv

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can relate, its like they dont understand the magnitude or effect a simple tone of voice or spontaneous comment can bring on the recieving end. Because my last convo was so chill and relaxed it gave me hopes of her calling again. I suppose if she let me know how great her life is without her it would have had the opposite effect. Regardless I dont think they mean to rub it in or lead you on but we are paying much more attention to the words they are using and how they are being said than vice versa I guess.

thanks friend-good advice. i don't see how her life can be so awesome, she lost her job. i think she is trying to make me jealous or upset or something.

amanda how you doing today? any better? i hope today is better for you. keep your head and stay strong

thanks friend-good advice. i don't see how her life can be so awesome, she lost her job. i think she is trying to make me jealous or upset or something.

amanda how you doing today? any better? i hope today is better for you. keep your head and stay strong

She lost her job AND she doesn't have you. It had to be all an act : )

Amanda - I hope you are doing ok, too. Let us know.

I think I am taking the mans role here. I am left confused and hurt. He is the one who put the thought into it. I know he had been thinking about this for a while but he made no effort to save it. I would have done anything to save this. I never thought about cheating on him. I dont know if there is someone else, I cant confirm that. I was the one willing to work on it and try to save it while he is the one who gave up. I hope this answers your question. Its almost been a full month since he did it and since we have spoken and I am so confused on why someone can leave something that we could have worked on.

Thanks guys for asking. Things are alright. Getting out of bed is alright but I have yet to cry today. Everytime I do think about the fun times we had and all the fun stuff I had planned this summer with him I get upset. The sad thing is though, I was the one making all the plans. He wasnt making any plans. I live in Vegas so I just wanted to swim, bbq, go to six flags (one of our fav spots) and the lake, perhaps even Salt Lake City for his b-day but he really wasnt feeling it. I was just thinking about Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, when they broke up. Nicole got a way hotter husband and looks much happier. She was even able to have a child. I hope that I have that much luck, even though I dont look like Nicole. How is everyone else?

hi amanda,

i am doing pretty good today. slowly getting stronger. i still have my moments where i would love to call her and still going to bed is pretty rough. waking up seems to be a little better but that is because i go straight to the gym when i wake up. it still hurts though but not as bad as it was months ago. i just keep thinking of how she is not reaching out to me asking me how i am doing and that fuels me to say why the heck should i be upset over her? why should i care about someone who is making no effort to reach out to me? it pains me to think - my gosh we were in each others daily lifes for 1.5 years and knew each other as best friends for 6, how do you just go stone cold on someone like that??? that makes no sense to me at all. maybe its easier for her to move on this way or maybe there is someone else. regardless i have to stay positive. she will never find someone else like me. so i am like you, here is to moving on and finding someone even better who appreciates us.

sunnyv- I have those times when I think like that as well. We were best friends for 8 years and together for 6. How can someone just cut them out of their lives. I dont understant it and it hurts me. This saturday will be 1 month since he broke up with me and since we have spoken. One month w/out my best friend and my companion. How can someone cut you out so cold like that. Im with you on that one. I always wonder if he misses me or if his new friends from law school make that up. Im just the old. I hate feeling like this, everyday is a struggle. I look around my work and I see tons of single women, pretty women. Why are they single?! They are beautiful and they have yet to find someone. I want to get married and have a partner. I still see myself walking down the isle with him there. Sad huh

I think in my case, he hasnt reached out because he doesnt know what to say. What do you say to someone with whom you just broke their heart. He probably wants to distance himself and try to forget the pain as well. He probably figures that if he distances himself it would help the both of us out. Thats what i would like to think, for all i know he doesnt give a crap about me and what happened. He has a new life now, w/out me.

went to the gym again tonight.it does make a difference rather than sitting in and stewing. came home and made a vegetable stir fry, put my washing on and washed the dishes and now watching a film. I feel ok at the moment. afternoons at work are hard because your mind starts to wander. driving to my sisters at the weekend and they have a dog. i love dogs as they are always happy to see you so that will cheer me up. its definitely about filling your time and doing things that make you feel more positive and healthy in mind and body.

last night went to a pub near me with a few people, i found that hard as i kept thinking i wish the ex was here and have a few drinks with her and chill out.

The hard part is having access to the internet, even at work. When i was younger if you split up then all you had was a landline number and an address to post a letter to. These days you can have access to anyone at a click of a mouse. Just be careful of facebook. she is still on my friends list but not much is happening on her profile. not at the point where i have to take her off but want to be over her so if she gets a b/f i wont suddenly panic and unfriend her.

hi adamt.

nice job today! thats what you have to do, exactly what you have to do. stay busy by doing the little things, watching a movie, working out is the best thing you can do. yes the afternoons at work just suck. your mind wonders and wonders to the worst things possible. but just keep getting through it. come on here on ena if you have to.

i do the same thing, i actually go visit my family and hang out with my sisters dog as well so thats funny you mentioned that. dogs and pets have a way of making the pain go away for a bit and making everything see alright. but then when you are not with them the pain comes back so you just have to hang out with your sisters dog more.

good luck. thanks for sharing with us. it helps us all

hi adamt.

nice job today! thats what you have to do, exactly what you have to do. stay busy by doing the little things, watching a movie, working out is the best thing you can do. yes the afternoons at work just suck. your mind wonders and wonders to the worst things possible. but just keep getting through it. come on here on ena if you have to.

i do the same thing, i actually go visit my family and hang out with my sisters dog as well so thats funny you mentioned that. dogs and pets have a way of making the pain go away for a bit and making everything see alright. but then when you are not with them the pain comes back so you just have to hang out with your sisters dog more.

good luck. thanks for sharing with us. it helps us all

yea working out is the best possible thing to do, but I am a smoker so it kinda hurts me...lol, nah really great though, just having trouble doing it these days, been working alot, but for the first couple of months was working out like a mainiac, I think I fell in love with my own body more than any ex or something cause I kept going, yea just now get bored with it sometimes cause I have so much ging on it distracts me. but my arms are def bigger and more toned

so if any ena members want to arm-wrestle me on the board bring it on!

if I win I get half of your user reputation points if you win Ill get your ex gil/boyfriend back for you

alright youve heard the wager, now bring the pain dumpees, I am waitin!

Did anybody have a hard time hitting the 1 month mark? Its been a month for me and I have not spoken to him since. I began NC the day he broke up w/ me and neither one has made contact. I feel like absolute crap Why does this seem more permanant today?! Everything is down, hopes and faith are not here today. I just dont understant how someone can cut somebody else completely out of their life. Really struggling today and my mom is coming to down. I have to try to put in a happy face for her. I feel like a wet blanket on this site sometimes. I have rare times of actually feeling ok, most the time I feel like crap. Sorry, just venting.

Hey guys hope all are well and you guys are hanging in there. I am doing ok in Chicago right now. Still have thoughts of the ex but i am not as upset anymore as I would be from finding out some stuff I found out yesterday. Actually when I found out I laughed really loud and hard.

hi amanda

hang in there girl. things will get better. yes the 1 month part is hard because you feel like by now they should have contact you. but hang in there. you are getting stronger without feeling it. this is part of healing; feeling down on yourself. only time will heal you. enjoy hanging out with your mom this weekend, you deserve it. go get ice cream or do something fun. go see a movie, etc.

you will get through this. we are here for you

pdoog-

awesome to hear. good for you! glad you are having fun! i'm doing pretty good. staying strong, as strong as i can and just trying to enjoy a little sunshine. did you eat your pizza?? lol

cant wait to hear all the stuff you found out. great job and keep staying strong. enjoy your vacation

sunnyv-thats exactly how I feel. For some reason 1 month seems to be the time that they should have contacted you. Its not something that someone has told me its just something that is in my head. I mean, if there was any regrets and forgiveness it would have been in that 1 month period?! Well thats just my interpretation. This is my first big breakup so Im not sure how these things work, all i know is it hurts like hell. Side note: I love Chicago style pizza. My ex took me to Chicago for a surprise trip for my b-day a year ago and it was the best time I had. I told him that so many times too. I let him know how much I appreciated it. I had never been there before. Great time.

Hey guys I hope all is well with everyone. I'm on day 15 of NC and day 3 of no facebook/myspace. I still think of my ex alot and my emotions are like a rollercoaster. 1 minute I'm ok then the next I come crashing down but I know it's apart of the healing process. I'm going to Richmond this weekend to hang out with some friends of mine so hopefully it will keep my mind off of her. How is every1? Anybody have plans set up for the weekend yet??

hi jarias-

that is totally normal how you feel. i was like that for a good 6 months after the breakup. it is month 7 and i am finally finally starting to heel a bit. it takes so much time. just be patient. one minute you will want to cry, the next minute you will get mad and so on and so on, its a vicious cycle but you just have to let time take its course. its the only way you will heal. keep going with the nc. its the best thing you can do for yourself. sometimes it works to get your ex back, other times our exs don't want us back so there is nothing we can do. the only thing i can tell you is nc is great because you don't make a mistake or say something you will regret.

hang in there and keep posting

Archived