THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 36

Can't believe I've gone 36 Days of NC, makes me actually believe I'll make it to 90 days. Unfortunately lately though the ex has been heavy on my mind, I can't wait for this time to pass. Otherwise things have been going great and I'm made huge progress and strides in my life. It just seems weird that I'm theoretically doing everything right and she's still on my mind and yet it appears that I've vanished from hers. But I guess that just goes to show that no matter how time you spend together or how much happiness there appeared to be all it takes is a month to move on for some. Oh well, I've been going on dates and have them lined up with multiple women, hopefully one of them will be worth my time and sharing my new house with.

Day 34 today. Never thought I would make it to hear without calling or messaging her, but here I am and I'm proud of my self.

I miss her; however there are moments where I'm happy but then my mood changes and i remember her and the good times we had, I'm back to square one. I'm at the start of the healing road, I feel lost, confused and empty. The only thing I know is, I'm on the right road, it's a long road. One day I hope I reach my destination. Until then I'll try and keep my self happy

Day 5 I admire that everyone doing this is really going for it, I feel bad as my no contact is not the same, as my ex and I share friends we had no choice but to try and work something out. My NC is me not contacting him or giving him the satisfaction of meeting up. Unfortunately if he does talk to me, I have some sort of obligation to reply otherwise arguments and rifts will be caused.

Left him again mid way conversation yesterday, felt good.

We haven't spoken since. It's funny, for the past 6 weeks I've been thinking I need him around but it's only day 5 of this and I feel the opposite. By now, I would have usually already have asked to hang out but when I think about that idea, I actually find myself not wanting to do so.

If only I knew about this when going through my break up. I could have saved my relationship.

Oh well.

Day 5 (Still)

My ex contacts me again with more pointless chatter.

Does this mean something? I don't know. I am telling myself it does not.

It's hard not to think there is some sort of motive behind it, maybe he just doesn't like the fact that I am no longer interacting as much with him, but then does that mean something? So many questions are coming up.

I think it may just be the fact that I leave him mid conversation and so he tries to get the power back.

Can't decide whether to reply. I really can't be arsed with the games. But at the same time, I feel I need to 'win'

Day 77 of healing, not from the break up, but from my childhood. Rich and I haven't spoken since we said our break up was final 77 days ago, and that Sunday I went to my first ACA meeting. I only missed one meeting because I made a commitment to go somewhere thinking it was a Saturday, not a Sunday.

Day 77 to a wonderful and amazing new me.

I've gained weight in my personal pity party since the break up. And I feel horrible about that. I can feel it and it's gross. I want to lose that weight, plus some more, then I will be ready for dating. I'm figuring it will take me a few months to get the weight off.

I ate healthy Monday and mostly Tuesday, the only thing unhealthy yesterday was the fried chicken scampi for dinner, but I didn't have a large portion. I also had wine with a good friend Tuesday. Tonight I am going to sushi with another friend. Sushi is good for you and I'm really looking forward to it.

Day 4....

It's midday...at work. Been a busy week. Been working out. That feels awesome...I was exhausted this morning, but still gonna weight train after work. Also realized my weak moments for contacting my ex are at night. During the day Im fine. I stay busy...so I am leaving my phone at work when I leave at night. No need to test temptation. So over feeling like this. Just wanna get my power back and feel strong again. So far...so good.

Day 22

I felt emotionally drained after today, constant thoughts of her, everything seemed like I could relate her to, it was nuts. I did go and paid my tuition for my next uni semester which starts next week, I hate how I have to pass by her dorm to be able to get to the university, I always look and I hate it, I don't want to, I want to move on and heal. Then I went to the appointment.

I think I need to make new friends, the friends I have are really starting to disappoint me and thats the least thing I need right now.

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Last time I went NC I reached this time (22 days NC) and I ended contacting her, not this time though.

Day 19

I wont ever go to my old ways. I feel like I reached some stage in which I cant look back and go back. I'm strong. I'm determined to end with my suffering. My career needs it. My future love will be happy because of how much of a great person I will be at that point. My parents will be proud. I will feel happy with myself.

Day 35, still miss her loads. But it's getting easier. I have moments where I think about her and feel down, but I try and pick myself up! I had a dream about her last night. Woke up and felt a little sad. But whilst on my train journey to work I saw a beautiful woman, showed me that there are beautiful people out there, outside and inside I've got to take each day as it goes and slowly heal myself. I long for the day that I'm in a happy relationship. It's a long way away and I've got a lot of work to do until then, challenge accepted!

Day 5

Today has been hard. Feeling very unwell and I wish I had him to cuddle me and make me feel better.

Feeling very sorry for myself indeed. Was tempted to ask him if he would come hang for a bit.

Haven't though. Just going to sleep it off the rest of the day. Hopefully be feeling like my old self tomorrow.

Day 20

Im feeling bad today... will try to cheer up some time. I can't believe i've gotten this far. i have no intentions of breaking NC until im FULLY healed... sucks that this person was close to me, now if we bump into each other we will have to pretend we dont know each other.

Day 23

Training, training and more training lol, today was a pretty chill day. I feel so much better than yesterday, it was the lowest I've been in a while!

Still hating the roller coaster, Christ!

You're way ahead of me!! Lol...hold on. You can do this!!!

One thing that motivates me is : he hasn't contacted me either!!! Guess it's the stubbornness in me lol. Oh well.....

Whatever works!! You can make it!!

You're way ahead of me!! Lol...hold on. You can do this!!!

One thing that motivates me is : he hasn't contacted me either!!! Guess it's the stubbornness in me lol. Oh well.....

Whatever works!! You can make it!!

She hasn't contacted me either, so theres no point of me contacting her anyway, shes fine with us not talking, something that I wouldn't have thought of her in a million years.

Day 6:

At work. Been raining all day....but Im doing good. Funny enough I truly have zero urge to contact him at all. I guess this is a good place to be. I just feel kinda indifferent now. Numb. I even had some wine last night and didn't get that normal weak feeling. So, maybe this is truly the end. God I hope so. It took long enough.....

Day 24

I've been talking to this one girl for a few days now and she seems pretty interesting, she confirmed to me today that she would like to go on a date with me... I still don't know how to feel about it, but I can't wait forever, I'll see how I feel about it in a few more days and decide from there, I'd like to take her out somewhere and see what happens

Well I can say it's been a long journey, six months since BU and I haven't dated since. Kept to myself a lot. We ended communication on a bad note from what I remember, his boyfriend messaged me and treated me like some kind of crazy person, my ex was lying to him saying that I messaged him first, very high school drama. So I proved myself and showed him that my ex was the one who kept asking how I was. Then my ex gets mad at me with a paragraph full of foul language and finally blocks me. It's been awhile since then and I can finally say I'm over the relationship and I ended it for a reason. Still care about him and not bitter at all about it, no contact at all. So today I thought id check up on him and everything since then seems great with him, until today when I seen that he favourited some tweet that said, "My ex is an example of how stupid I was LOL" it bothered me a little but not as much it would have before. I feel bad because it just makes him look bitter and I try not to be vocal about the past between, I don't go posting stuff about him and things like that. I do hope one day we can just talk as friends but six months later he still seems angry about it, or unless favouriting something like that would just be reassurance to his new love.

I hate how people change after a LTR lol, I feel like I've actually become my old self, I'm on my way to University for a four year course in Journalism, I've been traveling a lot and becoming active in sports. I hate to analyze and think about what's going on over there but this was a guy I was going to spend the rest of my life with, I just miss how he used to be, never partied or got drunk and high every weekend. Seemed more mature when he was with me.

I guess one day I'll be able to talk to him again but, I'm not sure id like to talk to the new him.

Anyway I thank everyone on here who's been here with me, your texts meant a lot and I finally got out of the dark phase, part of me still misses hearing his voice. Not enough to ruin my day though. Just wish sometimes things would be different and we'd be able to reconcile, but I guess things happen for a reason lol. Have a good day everybody. Single life ain't that bad.

She dropped me a week ago. The next day sent me a text about how much she improved while she was with me. I didn't respond. The following day she sent me a text about how "lost" she was without me. I responded (foolishly) that I was lost too. She then said it wasn't fair for her to text me, and she knew it. But she just wanted me to know how hurting and confused she was. Things are still "up in the air". I replied "honest communication is always fair. If you wanna talk, I'm here." Last contact.

Day 5.

Insomnia? Check

Anxiety? Check

Exploring every possible angle to get her back? Check

I know what caused the breakup. It was mainly my fault by letting insecurity and approval seeking take over and not putting my foot down on a few occasions. The last two months of the ten we were together were pretty bad. I wasn't clingy, I was super passive. Don't know if NC will help, but it can't hurt at this point.

Day 25

Its not getting any easier, shes like a goddamn drug, I can't stop thinking about her or what shes doing, the thoughts of her with another guy have left the building, I no longer care for that... I just miss her. I keep breaking down late at night usually around the time we used to talk, everyday without a miss... we would even fall asleep on the phone, ugh I gotta push through this!

Today I trained legs, gruesome workout I HATE working them but its a must I love training haha

Uni starts tuesday... last time I was there I got a bit emotional, I need to be strong for when I start...

I feel so pathetic. I must have been garbage to him, because he threw me just like that. like a piece of sh&&t. like I didn't mean anything. I feel like I could be replaced and he wouldn't even look back. I feel so worthless (i know i'm not myself) to him. was this even real? how did this happen? Day 22